question on Crown and Anchor status

gfd_2

quick question to those who might know... if I have 29 points - 1 away from Platinum. Will RCL bump me up to Platinum during our next cruise? 'cuz I really want the pin and robes! :D Just curious.

quick question to those who might know... if I have 29 points - 1 away from Platinum. Will RCL bump me up to Platinum during our next cruise? 'cuz I really want the pin and robes! :D Just curious.

Usually not, but depends on the Loyalty Ambassador.

The pin you should get on the cruise. I got my platinum and diamond pin on the cruises that made me so (for each[i didn't ask and wasn't expecting it]). No add'l privileges were granted just the pin delivered on the day that it was achieved (i.e 4 days in). I don't know if that's typical, but it was twice...

and robes can be requested as DM_KidAtHeart stated

I turned Platinum last January during the 1st leg of a B2B... didn't receive my pin on either leg. Cruised Oasis in April again and didn't receive the pin but did get the invite to the helipad sailaway from Labadee. Will turn Emerald in May during my Hawaii repo and not expecting any bling there either lol

If you have made a certain tier it does not hurt to get hold of the C&A Ambassador on your cruise just to check/remind them. Now Diamond so on our next cruise in 2011 I will be straight onto them for the pin ;) The Ambassadors are normally very good.

What's special about the pin? Anyone have pictures of the pins? I just reached platinum on my last cruise after 1st. day, nothing different for remainder of the cruise and no pin so far - do they ever mail them?

After reading on CC about the robes, I ask for one, if there are any available, and have always had one delivered to my cabin. Thats so nice to have a robe to use during the cruise and not have all that bulk in your luggage.

It took almost 2 weeks for my status to change from Gold to Platinum. Suprise was that on the C & A certificates, when my new status posted, the certificate value increased :):):).

I turned Platinum last January during the 1st leg of a B2B... didn't receive my pin on either leg. Cruised Oasis in April again and didn't receive the pin but did get the invite to the helipad sailaway from Labadee. Will turn Emerald in May during my Hawaii repo and not expecting any bling there either lol

The pin is trivia, but you certainly should have gotten a platinum coupon book and whatever additional perks there are for platinum [don't think there are many] on the second leg.

We were in the same situation, with 29 cruise points. On day 2 of the cruise we had an appointment to book our next cruise, and at that time we asked politely about the possibility of getting platinum status. She very nicely gave us platinum stickers on our seapasses and informed us we would be invited to the top-tier cocktail party. We were in a junior suite, so we already had robes. Didn't get a pin, but I don't really care much about that. We thought it was very nice of her, since they do not have to do that. And when my DH's seapass became nonfunctional and they printed a new one at guests services, it came out as platinum, so we know it was updated in their system.

What's special about the pin? Anyone have pictures of the pins? I just reached platinum on my last cruise after 1st. day, nothing different for remainder of the cruise and no pin so far - do they ever mail them?

:):):).

Nothing special about the pins, in fact never seen anyone actually wearing one. However they are free so why not. They will not post them, you have to get them whilst onboard.

We turned Diamond after our March 2012 cruise. When we did our B2B December 2012 cruise we had our Diamond Pins waiting for us in our stateroom.

By wearing our pin and pointing it out we had immediate access to the nightly Diamond Lounge and also the area reserved for breakfast for Diamond and above members. Other Diamond members who did not wear their pins had to show their sea pass cards to prove they were a Diamond member or above.

We turned Diamond in December. We have never gotten any pins. since we achieved this on our 4th day, we asked the LA about getting the perks for the rest of the cruise and were told no.

We got all of our pins when we changed status in the mail... didn't receive any while onboard.

Archived