Fantasy Riveria deck porthole cabins?

SHERRIFL

a few have a nice shelf/extra setting space of about 3 feet wide at the portholes, due to the shape of the hall of the ships angle, great place to climb up and set to look out, or perfect extra little spot to place you're suitcase,...they are numbered: R4,R8,R12,R26, & R3,R7,R17,R29

We were one deck up (Main deck). The rooms were the same size. However, there was a nice size alcove that we used to store our items to get them out of the way. We also sat up there and looked out the portholes at times.

Thank you both for your replies! I have the chance to get the rooms you mentioned on R deck BUT also have option of U3...what do you think?:confused:

i would choose r29 over u3. its about 10 cabins closer to mid-ship and only 1 deck up from where you disembark and embark in ports. you can scoot up the stairs if there is a line for the elevator.

i would choose r29 over u3. its about 10 cabins closer to mid-ship and only 1 deck up from where you disembark and embark in ports. you can scoot up the stairs if there is a line for the elevator.

I agree completely

a few have a nice shelf/extra setting space of about 3 feet wide at the portholes, due to the shape of the hall of the ships angle, great place to climb up and set to look out, or perfect extra little spot to place you're suitcase,...they are numbered: R4,R8,R12,R26, & R3,R7,R17,R29

actually I should have said the farthest out I can get of these rooms is R8. So R8 or U3?? I am assuming U3 has the same set up as R3????:confused:

If you look at a photo of the ship you can see that the portholes on the lower decks extend way further back on the ship than any higher decks. So when I book a porthole, I always book the furthest back/lowest down so that I'm furthest away from the anchor noises etc. My next cruise I'm booked into M29 - the very furthest aft on the main deck! :)

We had R-1 on our last sailing on Fantasy. It was our most favorite cabin so far. Loved having only one neighbor.

Here is R-1 facing the cabin door

111_zps33401e22.jpg

From the other side

110_zpsf10403ae.jpg

The little hallway that led to our cabin

107_zps9d150f9c.jpg

Here is an idea of how deep our "shelf" was

869_zpsd08db48c.jpg

Just be sure that if/when you decide to mess with those porthole covers and you want to close them that you secure them as they were before. I didnt double check them and as I was sitting up there, one of them fell and clocked me on top of the head. It hurrrrrt!!!

Anyone know if the "extra shelf" space is also on an Empress Deck porthole?

We had R-1 on our last sailing on Fantasy. It was our most favorite cabin so far. Loved having only one neighbor.

Here is R-1 facing the cabin door

111_zps33401e22.jpg

From the other side

110_zpsf10403ae.jpg

The little hallway that led to our cabin

107_zps9d150f9c.jpg

Here is an idea of how deep our "shelf" was

869_zpsd08db48c.jpg

Just be sure that if/when you decide to mess with those porthole covers and you want to close them that you secure them as they were before. I didnt double check them and as I was sitting up there, one of them fell and clocked me on top of the head. It hurrrrrt!!!

Nancy, I have seen "mini-bars" onboard but is that a "maxie-bar" under the stool?:eek: Pink

BananaAnna, So if you came back onboard wearing boots would you be "bootscooting":D Pink

Anyone know if the "extra shelf" space is also on an Empress Deck porthole?

We had PT cabin E7 on Fantasy last December. It had the same shelf as the R1 Cabin posted above. It was a great cabin. We are booked again on the Fantasy in E1 for our Jan cruise.

the farthest back I can get is R11.....doesn't look much different from U3 in placement....so would you pick a higher deck and go to U3? :p

Thanks so much!!

I've been in R11 and I would opt for U3 given the choice. R11 was loud on occasion.

We had PT cabin E7 on Fantasy last December. It had the same shelf as the R1 Cabin posted above. It was a great cabin. We are booked again on the Fantasy in E1 for our Jan cruise.

Hello COJO1956, Looks like alot of our great Dec 8th cruise are on this thread. Two things we liked about porthole cabins were they are priced as inside cabins and some are larger than true inside cabins. The downside was motion of ship, thrusters when arriving in port, but we would book them again;) Pink

I've been in E4 on the Ecstasy and it had the extra space near the portholes, except maybe slightly smaller (but still a very good size). Layout was the same as the cabin pictured in the thread, but we had the beds separate, they were in an L shape with the foot of the other bed by the TV, and the head of the bed on the wall bordering the bathroom.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been in E4 on the Ecstasy and it had the extra space near the portholes, except maybe slightly smaller (but still a very good size). Layout was the same as the cabin pictured in the thread, but we had the beds separate, they were in an L shape with the foot of the other bed by the TV, and the head of the bed on the wall bordering the bathroom.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

we have the beds separated but have one put along each side wall. this leaves the floor open in front of the portholes so you can get up close and look out.

Archived