Hotel in Miami help

penny power

Holiday inn at Bayside nice hotel just redone across the street is the bayside shopping center lots of food shops and shopping walking distance is no problem

HAve stayed there many times

We are staying at this hotel for our cruise late Sept. I see their check-in time is 3 p.m. We are arriving in Miami at 11 am. Do they have early check in? Is it free? Or will they at least let us store our luggage there until check in time?

thanks!

Have not stayed here but read about the Spring Hill Suites in a cruise review. They offer a free airport shuttle and a free breakfast with your room stay. The hotel also offers a bar area, restaurant, Starbucks, and an on-site sundries store for convenience items. For what you would save in aiport taxi fare and breakfast, it may balance out if you wanted to take a quick taxi ride to Bayside or another area of interest.

Here is their link for rates and such. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

:)

Don't see how the math works out. Roughly $50 round trip to Bayside plus $25 to POM.

Don't see how the math works out. Roughly $50 round trip to Bayside plus $25 to POM.

It depends on the time of the year that one would book the hotel stay. The rates are not the same, so yes, depending on what season, it can be a good deal. Since everyone has their priorities on hotel amenities, the hotel may fit the bill for one person searching, and not work for others.

BTW, it was just a suggestion to the OP. I do not have access to the taxi rates. The web site to the hotel and the review that I read about the hotel on, states that the Bayside market is close. It did not offer any distance in milage nor taxi rates.

So really, no need to be a snarky poster. It was a suggestion offered based on info that I read here on CC. It would ultimately be up to the person booking to make a decision on what fits for their budget.

It's smart-alec responses such as yours that make trying to help out a fellow CC members and cruisers not fun.

If you are such an expert on this area then please, offer some suggestions but don't ridicule other posters that are just trying to help.

Really, add some sugar to your Cheerios.

It depends on the time of the year that one would book the hotel stay. The rates are not the same, so yes, depending on what season, it can be a good deal. Since everyone has their priorities on hotel amenities, the hotel may fit the bill for one person searching, and not work for others.

BTW, it was just a suggestion to the OP. I do not have access to the taxi rates. The web site to the hotel and the review that I read about the hotel on, states that the Bayside market is close. It did not offer any distance in milage nor taxi rates.

So really, no need to be a snarky poster. It was a suggestion offered based on info that I read here on CC. It would ultimately be up to the person booking to make a decision on what fits for their budget.

It's smart-alec responses such as yours that make trying to help out a fellow CC members and cruisers not fun.

If you are such an expert on this area then please, offer some suggestions but don't ridicule other posters that are just trying to help.

Really, add some sugar to your Cheerios.

Please point out the smart alec part.

Please point out the smart alec part.

Instead of saying " I don't see how the math works" , which is in no way helpful to anyone, why not say, " I am from the Miami area and that particular hotel is X amt of miles from Bayside and apx. $ in taxi fees.

I am not from the Miami area so how would I be able to figure the math ?? These message boards are for suggestions and the hotel that I posted was recommended in a very positive way on a CC review. A poster mentioned wanting a hotel with an airport shuttle and/or comlimentry breakfast and I offered a suggestion. These type hotels are few and far between for Miami. We are sailing out of POM next month and even though I have not stayed in this area, I had some suggestions from doing our hotel research. If you have local knowlege, than why not offer it instead of questioning posters that are just trying to be helpful ?

.... and BTW that particular hotel is as low as $97 per night depending on the season. Seeing how it offers an airport shuttle, a room that is a suite and a free hot breakfast, it would not be out ot line to pay

a taxi fare to get to Bayside. You can hardly get the Motel 6 for under $100 per night. If you would have offered the apx milage or taxi rates it would have been a great benefit to anyone looking for a Miami hotels and wanting to weigh their options. Personally, I would have appreciated the infor for future cruises out of POM.

.:)

I am staying here precruise in May. Was the restaurant in the hotel? I saw on Google maps that there is an Irish Pub next door and was thinking of eating there. Also, I know there is a little shopping area between the 2 hotels. Do you know if they sell beer? We are getting in late and just want to grab dinner and a few beers to relax outside on the bay.

Yes, the restaurant is very good. We've eaten there several times. We have also got room service in the morning and it was tasty. I am sorry, I don't know anything about the Irish Pub.

There are quite a few shops. I remember there is one that is like a little convenience store, has a little bit of everything. I cannot say for sure they had beer or not.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't beat pricing and they do offer a "breakfast". Is where I'm staying as flt gets in 10:30 FL time. Basic but meets the needs and easy on budget. Between cruises I got exc rate on Marriott Biscayne Bay so excited for FULL day there. Hope this helps for your decision making for basic, clean rest and meal.

Yes, the restaurant is very good. We've eaten there several times. We have also got room service in the morning and it was tasty. I am sorry, I don't know anything about the Irish Pub.

There are quite a few shops. I remember there is one that is like a little convenience store, has a little bit of everything. I cannot say for sure they had beer or not.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. Maybe we'll just stay in the hotel to eat. Its good to have a few choices.

You have options - arriving late and want to be in downtown, close to the port? :confused: I suggest the Doubletree on Biscayne blvd.; some rooms come with a view of the port (great way to start your cruise day :D), very nice hotel, shopping within walking distance, and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good option. Taxi from MIA will run about $25+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

Have a good cruise! :)

This, we LOVED Doubletree Biscayne Bay! We upgraded to a bay view room ($10 extra at the time) and was able to watch the ships come in and out of port. The view was fantastic and we watched the sunrise cruise morning.

Oh and you also get a warm chocolate chip cookie upon checking in (deal breaker I know ;))

I love Bayside! Ive stayed at the Holiday inn twice it's right across the street from the entrance.

I pricelined my last trip I got the Viceroy for @ $100 at the time of booking the room was $450. We went to the spa it was incredible! If you want to spend a day in Miami you should stay around Bayside.

We are booked the Courtyard Miami Airport on Le Jeune Rd pre-cruise and the Hampton Inn on 12th Street post-cruise. Does anyone know if these are clean and safe places to stay? We are hoping to be able to pick up a few drinks to take with.

You can find TONS of reviews out on TripAdvisor.com. Go straight to the top 10 listed for the Port of Miami, choose from one of those, you won't go wrong. Its' worth the research.

Have not stayed here but read about the Spring Hill Suites in a cruise review. They offer a free airport shuttle and a free breakfast with your room stay. The hotel also offers a bar area, restaurant, Starbucks, and an on-site sundries store for convenience items. For what you would save in aiport taxi fare and breakfast, it may balance out if you wanted to take a quick taxi ride to Bayside or another area of interest.

Here is their link for rates and such. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

We stay at the Springhill Suites Medical Centre a couple of years ago, they have a shuttle to the port for a fee, we are staying there for our next cruise in Jan 14

We are driving to Miami for our cruise. Any advice on hotels that will allow us to pay for a night, leave our car with them and have shuttle service to the cruise terminal and back at the end of our cruise?

As downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day :eek: for parking just about all of the hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways (to POM, sometimes; from POM back to the hotel, almost never :() plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Check www.parksleepfly.com or https://secure.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals. Often suggest cruise parking hotels include the Embassy Suites MIA, Hampton Inn, and a budget option: La Quinta East.

As long as you are out near MIA, why not dine at the world famous Versailles Cuban restaraunt? :cool:

http://www.versaillesrestaurant.com/

Good luck! :)

We are driving to Miami for our cruise. Any advice on hotels that will allow us to pay for a night, leave our car with them and have shuttle service to the cruise terminal and back at the end of our cruise?

There are a few popular park & cruise hotels here on CC. They are The LaQuint Miami Airport East, Sleep Inn Miami Airport and Comfort Inn Miami Airport North. There may be some others but these are the 3 that I am aware of off hand.

I can tell you one to avoid.... The Radisson Hotel Downtown Miami. Stayed there precruise in 2006. While we had a wonderful view of the cruise ships... we were told not to leave anything in our car overnight even though it was in their secured parking area... and we witnessed kids stealing bikes outside the Burger King across the street when we went to grab some burgers. Not a nice neighborhood. Also, our sons and their wives were told to meet the shuttle to take them to the ship at a certain time and no one showed up to take them... they had to find their own transportation...

There are a few popular park & cruise hotels here on CC. They are The LaQuint Miami Airport East, Sleep Inn Miami Airport and Comfort Inn Miami Airport North. There may be some others but these are the 3 that I am aware of off hand.

Thanks! Great to have those options to investigate.

Has anyone stayed at the crowne plaza by the airport?

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Rooms were nice, staff was nice. Did NOT like the noise of the airplanes. Did not care for the restaurant at the hotel either. Very overpriced. But we were aware of these potential issues when booking a hotel at the airport.

My turn... staying at the Red Roof Inn at the Miami airport in May.

My concern is that they offer free shuttle to cruise port but that shuttle only runs from 1 pm to 2 pm. Seems kind of odd to me since check out time is 11 am. I'm calling on Monday to verify this as I booked on priceline and the hotel didn't have my booking when I called today.

Usually by 1 pm I'm already done eating lunch on the lido, dropped carry on to my room and am normally taking the spa tour.

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Rooms were nice, staff was nice. Did NOT like the noise of the airplanes. Did not care for the restaurant at the hotel either. Very overpriced. But we were aware of these potential issues when booking a hotel at the airport.

Is there any store close by to get some drinks for the cruise, sodas, wine , etc?

This thread is great as we are trying to book a Hotel down town ,Miami and transfers to the ship .Any websites apart from Priceline and Hotwire ?We tried Priceline and are failing so far with our bids ?Thanks.

We are staying at Residence Inn Miami Airport - free airport shuttle, free breakfast buffet and can take their shuttle to port for $11 pp or a flat rate taxi for $25. :) Added bonus - They also have other Marriott hotels there too that you can use their pools, etc.

This thread is great as we are trying to book a Hotel down town ,Miami and transfers to the ship .Any websites apart from Priceline and Hotwire ?We tried Priceline and are failing so far with our bids ?Thanks.

Do your homework on betterbidding dot com before making any bids. ;) www.stay123.com is another source, especially if you are looking for cruise parking deals.

Skip worrying about booking transfers - a tax from MIA to downtown hotels is only about $25 and another $10-12 cab will get you to POM the next day. Good luck! :)

If you only need a room - and not somewhere to leave a car, try using lastminutetravel.com. Although most hotels are not identified, if you proceed to book, and add a car/activity, when you get to the next step, you'll see the hotel name. Good luck

Archived