How to book...

NurseMarla

Ok, this is only our second cruise & the first one with our kids. We are planning on booking 2 rooms. My question is...

My DH, DS, DS & I will be in a room & our DD, DS, DS & grandson will be in a room. My DD is only 24 & the oldest. Do we need to book DH & myself each in a room & switch once onboard, if so how do we do that?

Can we just book the kids in their own room & not mess with the switching? I know carnival has a 25 year old policy, but they are all our children except for the grandson, who is my DDs.

I'm just confused & need some clarification. Thanks!

Ok, this is only our second cruise & the first one with our kids. We are planning on booking 2 rooms. My question is...

My DH, DS, DS & I will be in a room & our DD, DS, DS & grandson will be in a room. My DD is only 24 & the oldest. Do we need to book DH & myself each in a room & switch once onboard, if so how do we do that?

Can we just book the kids in their own room & not mess with the switching? I know carnival has a 25 year old policy, but they are all our children except for the grandson, who is my DDs.

You can put the kids in their own cabin. I used to have a link for travel agents from goccl but the changed the link.

Where the cabin is located is dictated by the ages of the kids.

If they give you any trouble about booking grandson in the kids room because he is not your actual child just book him in your cabin and you can switch him back after you get onboard.

Let us know how it goes

Bill

You should be able to book everyone in the cabins that you intend them to have, since the cabins are next door to each other. Should not be a problem.

If you've both cruised Carnival before, you might get better rates booking each room under a past guest rate, then you can switch once onboard.

If you don't care about the rates, you can definitely book everyone in the cabins they are supposed to be in, Carnival allows minors in their own stateroom as long as they are close in proximity to the "Adult" room.

You are such good parents booking a suite for the kids .

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... :) I figured since the ones in the interior are 24, 19 & 16, they won't be spending much time in their room, so why spend the extra on it. DH & I on the other hand enjoyed the balcony last time, so we think it would be awful to not have one now... :D

Yeah... :) I figured since the ones in the interior are 24, 19 & 16, they won't be spending much time in their room, so why spend the extra on it. DH & I on the other hand enjoyed the balcony last time, so we think it would be awful to not have one now... :D

I think that post was being funny .. saying you were booking the suite .. for the kids (i.e. you were taking the inside) .. joke joke.

I think the post saying you might want to book you and your husband one each in the two cabins on paper if you were the only past guests, so if a past guest rate sale comes along you can take advantage of it for both cabins... is worth thinking about.

It is no problem getting additional keys for each of the rooms. We have done this on many cruises. I usually book DS with my mom and then DH and myself in another cabin and then move DS with us and have a key to mom's room and she has one for ours. I just make sure DH is always clothed. LOL. we let the steward know what we are doing so we can have the infant life jacket in our room and always book close enough so we are at the same muster station, just in case, better safe than sorry.

Archived