Scenic reservations problem,anyone?

alexandra cruiser

I'm thinking she may need an Invoice from Scenic with some kind of account number in order to "log on"?????

You get one after your deposit

We get a booking number from the cruise lines after your deposit

YMMV

But she said this is the 2nd payment so there should be something. We had our booking # including our seats on the planes before we'd even made our down payment with Avalon. Guess the t.a. confirmed our booking before he had our money. lol

I think the point is she doesn't have anything from Scenic yet :( so I'm thinking NO booking number :(

I thinking her TA must have some booking number in order to make the payment

:confused::confused:

If it is on her CC as a payment to Scenic then she is booked ...I do not think she is going until 2014 ..so a few weeks here or there is not a big deal

Her TA has said she got confirmation

Maybe the paperwork goes to the HO in Australia ...who knows

I would not be stressing over it ..but that is just me & I AM a control person

.Checked with CC and transaction went thru on March 19.(and this was confirmed with Scenic).

Did the CC statement show Scenic tours as the recipient of the payment or your TA?

from first downpayment(it was a HOLD),this last one was balance (NOT FINAL).Yes, CC was paid to Scenic and am going in 2014.Just want a printed confirmation of payment and all the details .Have never had problem getting this from other companies(as stated).

WIll try the tour personilizer on website,but really shouldn t have to go to so much trouble for something so simples and basic.

Again, thanks all,really appreciate you tips.:)

acc.to tour personilizer site,my "booking has been cancelled? with no way to find out details.Offices are closed on weekends.TA also gone.May be gettting my money back and just forget about it all.What a mess.:mad::mad:

Oh no what a mess! There must be some reasonable explanation ....

But you did check with your CC company and they show a charge cleared to Scenic on 3/19 ( not your TA?) and the second pmt cleared too?

I am so sorry!

That is too bad. I had a hold on one for 2014 but they were no longer offering the date I had wanted so I got my money back. The final offerings are not confirmed until the full book is out, in May I think. I think it states something about changes in offerings are possible until then. Perhaps this is the problem. We went with them on the Danube last August, our first river cruise and plan another in 2014. When the original one for then was cancelled we, a group of six, decided to wait until the final book was out. We will not get the awesome early booking discounts that go along with the prerelease offerings but felt that it would be worth it to be sure of what was definitely happening. I understand your disappointment, however, I wouldn't rule them out just yet as we were very happy with their product. After comparing theirs with others that friends had taken and commented on we all decided that we wouldn't risk going with anyone else. Should you decide not to go with them, for obvious reasons, I would suggest Trauck. They offer similar product with the same quality of excursions.

They are an American company so you will not get the same mix of passengers as with Scenic. This may not matter to you.

Good luck.;)

We ended up getting our deposit back for our 2014 cruise with Scenic. The itinerary we booked is not being offered next year. Thought about switching itineraries, but ended up booking with Avalon instead.

Still travelling with them in September however.

Hopefully your problems are not of a similar nature.

Keep us posted.

Fram

my TA wrote that acc.to Scenic my visa card funds "not released to their bank".Called my cc company and as the transaction copy said originally,funds WERE RELEASED to Scenic on March 19.Not sure about THEIR BANK or credit card merchant processor details.It just seems so odd and confusing to me.

Told my TA of above info and FOR HIM to get it straightened out.

Have never had this problem or confusion before(TA either!)

So the drama continues,,,whew...shouldnt be this difficult to book a cruise.So now back in Scenic hands to figure out what THEIR problem is.

ANyone ever hear of this before??:confused::(

I have not had this issue although I have never asked for a receipt from Scenic or any other cruiseline. My CC was charged by Scenic, TA provided receipt for payment since it went through her. Does Scenic have an office in the US? I know they have one in Vancouver but not sure if that covers the US marketplace. Might have something to do with banks in different countries from the initial CC, at least a possibility.

Credit Card/Bank should be able to provide some sort of tracking number to Scenic. But didn't Scenic cancel your reservation?

This is unbelievable (I believe you) I just think there is an "idiot" hard at work messing this up!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the "idiot" has an revelation and finds your money ...

Credit Card/Bank should be able to provide some sort of tracking number to Scenic. But didn't Scenic cancel your reservation?

This is unbelievable (I believe you) I just think there is an "idiot" hard at work messing this up!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the "idiot" has an revelation and finds your money ...

Could be since they "cancelled"original booking number, the payment was not properly credited.Now have a "New " booking number.

Have made CC payments to other countries with no problem.

But threw it back with TA and Scenic,can hash it out.

Can t cancel because would NOT get back my $1000 refund(acc.to small print in confirmation letter.

Thanks all, guess it feels better to "vent" and get other ideas on handling this.:)

Guest Sceniccruises
[quote name='alexandra cruiser']I m using a TA and put payment on for cruise for next year(last week) and the TA still can t get a updated payment invoice from Scenic.He says cruise "waiting for bank transfer of funds",but was made on a credit card.Seems odd to me.TA claims Scenic has good reviews and just "problem with reservation dept".Have used this TA in past with great results and now wondering if others have had similar problems with this cruiseline?
Have never used Scenic before and getting discouraged.
Any ideas?:confused:[/quote]

Dear Alexandra Cruiser,

We are very disappointed to read of your frustration in regards to receiving a payment invoice from our US/Canada Office. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to answer any questions or queries you may have in regards to this issue.

If you or your travel agent wish to contact our Call Centre Manager Nancy Gates on [FONT=Calibri]1-604-696-4463, she will be able to assist you in this matter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Kind regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Donna[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Scenic Tours[/FONT]

Dear Alexandra Cruiser,

We are very disappointed to read of your frustration in regards to receiving a payment invoice from our US/Canada Office. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly to answer any questions or queries you may have in regards to this issue.

If you or your travel agent wish to contact our Call Centre Manager Nancy Gates on 1-604-696-4463, she will be able to assist you in this matter.

Kind regards,

Donna

Scenic Tours

Thank god and finally!!! Good wishes and many happy sailings to you... Let us know how this finally gets resolved and what the heck happened so we can avoid a similar nightmare.

Though I'm thinking I would call myself and get the answers fist hand and then let Scenic follow up with your TA... JMO

my TA wrote they said it was "back office accounting problem" and got my confirmation letter TODAY.Only 3wks late.But SO GLAD this has been resolved.

Glad Scenic read this and responded,it was getting SO frustrating.

Now lets hope we have NO TROUBLE with FINAL PAYMENT and cruise,of course.

I will definitly let you know.And post Member Review too.SO GLAD.:)

Archived