Southampton hotels?

marielco

My husband and I are cruising out of Southampton in October. Due to flight problems we will need to stay over a night after our cruise. Would anyone know of a moderately priced hotel with an airport shuttle? Any help appreciated.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is in walking distance to the port check in.

We can highly recommened this hotel.

p1010588z.jpg

View from our room to the port. the Independence otS just docked.

For those, who drive with a car , the hotel offers an package for inexpensive parking.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is in walking distance to the port check in.

We can highly recommened this hotel.

p1010588z.jpg

View from our room to the port. the Independence otS just docked.

p1010590e.jpg

For those, who drive with a car , the hotel offers an package for inexpensive parking.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/southampton/soahp/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=mdpr-_-GoogleMapsUK-_-hi-_-soahp

As Dinotoll says, this is the nearest hotel to where Independence moors- we stay here quite a lot. It's a chain hotel, middle of the range. There are others in the same price range, such as Novotel and Ibis which are next to the station- handy for the short train ride to Southampton airport. It's around £6 for a taxi from the dock to one of those.

Have you checked flights out of Bournemouth, 30 miles from Southampton? Around noon, Aer Lingus direct to Dublin, but not 7 days a week.

Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue is right by RCI's cruise terminal, or De Vere Grand Harbour. Premier Inn West Quay is midway between terminal & central rail station & easily walkable from either, even with rolling luggage. Also possibly walkable are Etap (now Ibis Budget), Ibis & Novotel, which are by the rail station. Or, in the High Street the Mercure Dolphin hotel gets great reviews & not expensive and Southampton Park & Jurys Inn are also very acceptable & central - they'd need a short taxi hop, under £10.

All are convenient for city cenre shops, restaurants, pubs, & Southampton' few old-town sights, or ferries to the Isle of Wight if you fancy another cruise ;)

Southampton airport is about 8 miles, I don't think any hotels offer free transfers. By private hire taxi it's under £20. Book with http://www.westquaycars.com/ or ask the hotel to call you a taxi.

Or train from Southampton central station, 3 or 4 trains per hour, 10 min journey, costs just a few pounds. Airport (Parkway) station has a lift, & is 100 yards from airport terminal.

The hotel at the airport is a Travelodge, pretty basic & in a soul-less location.

Check hotels & location map on

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm

JB :)

Have you checked flights out of Bournemouth, 30 miles from Southampton? Around noon, Aer Lingus direct to Dublin, but not 7 days a week :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked out Aer Lingus from Bournemouth but unfortunately, like Flybe, it does not fly to Dublin on a Saturday.

I have now booked the Premier Inn it looks fine for our needs. Thanks to everyone again for the help.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked out Aer Lingus from Bournemouth but unfortunately, like Flybe, it does not fly to Dublin on a Saturday.

I have now booked the Premier Inn it looks fine for our needs. Thanks to everyone again for the help.

excellent choice... they have a good night guarantee... if you don't sleep well, you are entitled to a refund... they also have a choice of hard or soft pillows... I've never had to ask for a refund yet. :)

Just the heads up . Jurys Inns are having a £20 sale on rooms tomorrow to celebrate their anniversary. The Jurys Inn Southampton is not too far away and even with a taxi the cost if you could get the £20 offer would be a big saving. You need to enroll for their rewards scheme but that is free and takes only a few minutes.

Just the heads up . Jurys Inns are having a £20 sale on rooms tomorrow to celebrate their anniversary. The Jurys Inn Southampton is not too far away and even with a taxi the cost if you could get the £20 offer would be a big saving. You need to enroll for their rewards scheme but that is free and takes only a few minutes.

Thanks for that Dellas, I have just booked for our AoS cruise in May

• 2 weeks later...
Hi JB, its the 31st May for us. Cracking price.

Yep.

Just shout if you need any info ahead of your cruise.

But if you want to know who dunnit in the murder mystery dinner you'll need to send me a large cheque :D

In the meantime we promise not to sink the ship ahead of your cruise ;)

JB :)

Archived