We Need Some POA Drydock Updates

kcfoxy

Work continues on Moderno, but it looks like they're getting close . . .

155631_4610361252506_979470962_n.jpg

65663_4610358972449_1090361907_n.jpg

Super! Super! Super!!! Wow, this looks nearly done...the salad bar even has the sneeze guard in place, the floors and counters and lighting and...oh my (taking a couple deep breaths), thank you for the newest updates to this wonderful meatery :D

Some questions come to mind after seeing these photos:

Are the two 'wood' paneled raised areas going to be booths?

Normally there might be a small podium of this type but these both look much larger.

The second serving area is new to me, as only the salad bar buffet on the Jewel, then server brought the 3 or 4 sides and the cheese rolls to your table. Perhaps on other ships these were at their own little self-serve setup?

Seating looks a little tight but perhaps some tables for 2 or 4 near the windows?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course we must have those (insanely) grinning passadores, forever tempting, tempting, tempting "okay, just 1 more lamb chop, medium rare...and another slice of grilled pineapple then I'm done...and I mean it!"

NCLModernofromthesaladbar_zps2c92011e.jpg

NCLJewelsidesatModerno_zps55bafbb9.jpg

Thanks for the photos!

Any idea as to when they were taken? Hoping Moderno will be ready on the 22nd.

It does look like there is a bit more of a buffet than I was expecting too.

...The second serving area is new to me, as only the salad bar buffet on the Jewel, then server brought the 3 or 4 sides and the cheese rolls to your table. Perhaps on other ships these were at their own little self-serve setup?...

There was a second serving area like in these pics on the Sun, but I can't recall for the life of me what was up there.

I believe those pics were taken Thursday evening but I may be off by a day or so. NCL appears to be standing by their "April 2013" launch commitment for Moderno because they haven't changed the date on the website, but we'll see. I'd estimate another week or so, but what do I know? LOL

There was a second serving area like in these pics on the Sun, but I can't recall for the life of me what was up there.

NCL appears to be standing by their "April 2013" launch commitment for Moderno because they haven't changed the date on the website, but we'll see. I'd estimate another week or so, but what do I know? LOL

I checked out some You Tube material on the Sun and also Beyond Ship's usual stellar photo montage and reviews.

It looks like the other serving area houses the coffee makers, drinks and perhaps warmers for the side dishes, then a 'deluxe continental breakfast' set-up...but that looks to be a larger and longer room in comparison to what can be seen so far on Pride of America.

I believe those pics were taken Thursday evening but I may be off by a day or so. NCL appears to be standing by their "April 2013" launch commitment for Moderno because they haven't changed the date on the website, but we'll see. I'd estimate another week or so, but what do I know? LOL

The second serving area may be like the Sun and allow for lunch service to maximize the use of the space. On the Sun at lunch the salad bar became a sandwich and salad bar at lunch the second serving area pasta and pizza.

The second serving area may be like the Sun and allow for lunch service to maximize the use of the space. On the Sun at lunch the salad bar became a sandwich and salad bar at lunch the second serving area pasta and pizza.

Aha! Good to know. And that would make sense for the POA as well, since Moderno just gobled a big bite of the Aloha Cafe (Buffet) area. Thank you!

Yes - that was it! I am so glad someone has better memory than me :)

I don't have any new pics yet, but I've read both in threads here on CC and on NCL's Facebook page that there were issues with the TVs not working during the first cruise. Hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out quickly and the POA will be back to smooth sailing!

Puddles, you are great! I found several of these pics online as well, but didn't think of posting them here!!! THANKS... I myself, am looking forward to seeing the updates, and hoping that things are smooth and ironed out prior to our June 1 sail date!!!

THANKS!

CC Member BuckBanzai is currently onboard POA & reports that Moderno is nearly done - more can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38092699&postcount=70

BuckBanzai is such a sweetie, true CCer! Mahalo Puddles for updating my little thread...I think there is good hope for our upcoming cruises, Moderno and Aloha Cafe Lanai-wise. Plus combined, the 4 photos really help give a great idea of what we'll be seeing, and it is starting to look so much like those Sun photos, with overflow for the now truncated Aloha Cafe. :p

kcfoxy, thanks for your photos...and puddles99 great Pride of America drydock photos. :):):):)

I figure we're all in this together, and like to pay it forward...CC and the NCL board in particular have been very good to us in our planning and research! :)

Hot off the presses from NCL Guest Relations:

Moderno is now open and it looks beautiful! We hope you enjoy dining in there during your cruise!

Woot!

Awesome! Wonder if/when online reservations will open up. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Hot off the presses from NCL Guest Relations:

Moderno is now open and it looks beautiful! We hope you enjoy dining in there during your cruise!

Woot!

Spoke with Hotel Director Cary and F&B Manager several times. Some unforeseen glitches with wiring and so on...not open even once during our cruise, though I campaigned mightily and even volunteered as a Beta Tester for a shakedown dinner :D

Very hopefully your mileage will vary and Aloha Lanai will also be open!

P.S. I had to console myself with Lamb Chops at both Cagney's and East Meets West instead.

Archived