Caribbean Princess - Dining Room Tables

patterak

Hello cruisers - - - I couldn't find an answer on the Princess website...so here's my question: on the Caribbean Princess, for regular dining in the main dining rooms, would we be able to get a table for a group of 10 or 12 of us?

thanks...:confused:

Hello cruisers - - - I couldn't find an answer on the Princess website...so here's my question: on the Caribbean Princess, for regular dining in the main dining rooms, would we be able to get a table for a group of 10 or 12 of us?

There are 10's for sure, not sure about 12.

In the past groups of 12 said it worked better when they split the table up for 2 tables of 6.

Talk with the MD on embarkation day. The time will be listed in the Patter when you board.

Also make sure all the bookings are linked together and put a note in the system through Princess or your TA so they know what you want for dining.

Most larger tables are for eight but they can put a tabletop for ten or twelve. However, you really don't want to do that because with a table that big, you can talk to only the people immediately next to you. Plus, this puts an enormous strain on the waitstaff who would then be serving a lot more people than normal, slowing down service for not just your table but those in the waitstaff's service area.

You are much better off asking for a table for six and another for four near each other. That way, it's much more conducive to conversation and you can switch around who is sitting at each table so everyone has a chance to sit with others.

The first thing is to make sure all of your bookings are "linked" together by your TA. That way, the Maitre d' knows to assign you to table(s) together.

We had a table for 11 on the Caribbean Princess last April so it can be done.
Yes, it can be done but it always results in slower service for your table and the others your waitstaff serves. The waitstaff are assigned a certain number of passengers and when you add two or four more, that's the result. More dishes for them to wait for in the kitchen for each course, more to clear after each course, more to serve. It adds up.

We had nine at a table on a Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess, and it worked great. It was actually a table for ten, but they didn't put anyone else with our party of nine. I suspect you may be better with two tables of six though if you have twelve.

If they put your party at two tables of six (traditional fixed seating), they should be able to put you at two nearby tables with the same waiter. That way you can switch back and forth between the two tables each night without changing waiters. I've seen several parties that have done that.

As stated earlier, you need to make sure that all of the reservations are linked together by your travel agent and that you all request the same seating. Once you board, check the table numbers for everyone in your party (it will be printed on your cruise cards), and then one of you may want to go by the dining room and check the table assignments.

When we had nine of us (extended family) on the Panama Canal cruise, it was great getting together every evening for dinner (traditional fixed seating). That was the one time during the day when we were all together. We're going on another cruise this summer - to Alaska with 13 of us - so we will probably need to be at two tables this time.

Archived