Help! Can't find category on Legend.

CraftyEC

I am currently looking at possible 'last-minute' cruises, including one on the Legend and as this is an extra am trying to economise on the suite! The cruise is the 7-day Iberia and Italian Gems, and the suite listings show the usual A, A1, A2 and A3 ocean-view suites, but also an ocean-view OS category, which is cheaper. However, I have looked over and over at the deck plans and cannot find any OS suites. I can find A and A1 on deck 4, A2 on deck 5 and A3 on deck 6, but no OS!

I'm afraid for a number of reasons that this plan will probably not come to fruition (dates / other commitments) but I am still exploring the possibility, if only that we would love to sail on a 'little sister' while they are still with Seabourn.

So, can anyone enlighten me about the location of these mysterious OS suites?

Ah, that would explain it, and the cheaper price!

Sadly I don't think it's a viable option re dates etc, but may chance HAL for a quick week away! Either that or a break in the Algarve, where I can get a great deal.

Oh, decisions, decisions. My heart is saying Seabourn (of course) but I think the head will have to win this one :(

Yes, OS is a window guarantee, OB is a balcony/veranda guarantee. Always (at least in the UK) cheaper than a definite choice of suite, but you have to be prepared with whatever Seabourn give you - could be good, could be not so good!

Yes, it wasn't something we'd planned on doing at this stage, but have a 'vacation window' next month where I will need a rest (just back at work after v prolonged sick leave) and we both need some warmth and sunshine!

I don't think it's going to work date-wise because of DH's erratic work commitments, it's just a few days 'out' of kilter.

Yes, it wasn't something we'd planned on doing at this stage, but have a 'vacation window' next month where I will need a rest (just back at work after v prolonged sick leave) and we both need some warmth and sunshine!

I don't think it's going to work date-wise because of DH's erratic work commitments, it's just a few days 'out' of kilter.

Have a few days away at http://www.thedevonshirearms.co.uk

on the Chatsworth Estate.

It is rather good,I love it.

It is indeed. We had a long weekend there many years ago and had the pleasure of a 'chef's table' in the kitchen for the first time. Very memorable, especially the passionfruit souffle!

We are both in need of a little more guaranteed warmth than you can find in Derbyshire in early May, though, it's been a rough winter for mainly health reasons.

Ummm... as lovely as Chatsworth is somehow I think it might not meet your criteria of "sunshine and warmth" -- that is unless Ben Fogle was just pretending to be miserably cold when reporting from London on the Today Show this morning:D.

It is indeed quite cold (4C = 39F) here, but at least we have had some 'winter sunshine' over the past few days, which is lifting our spirits a little. Spring is very late here, any early shoots were put back by late snow. As the last fine weather we had was last March we are desperate for some good weather now!

Well then I won't make you feel bad by telling you how it is sunny and 80 degrees here today.We don't call this spring season here in Arizona -- we call it houseguest season -- we have been inundated( wonderfully so).

Sadly the cruise has been scrapped :(. Dates for Seabourn didn't work, we did toy with a Holland America cruise to the fjiords, but that could be cool in May. The only one which worked time-wise between DHs commitments was on RCI and I am adamant that I don't want to go on a huge resort ship. I've been on some big Princess ships and they're OK (if a million miles from Seabourn) but I really don't need a climbing wall, ice-rink etc. Or rather, I really don't WANT them, or the other razamatazz! I can't fly long-haul at the moment which is a bit limiting, but I'm sure I'll be fully recovered in order to fly back from Rio in November :)

Sadly the cruise has been scrapped :(. Dates for Seabourn didn't work, we did toy with a Holland America cruise to the fjiords, but that could be cool in May. The only one which worked time-wise between DHs commitments was on RCI and I am adamant that I don't want to go on a huge resort ship. I've been on some big Princess ships and they're OK (if a million miles from Seabourn) but I really don't need a climbing wall, ice-rink etc. Or rather, I really don't WANT them, or the other razamatazz! I can't fly long-haul at the moment which is a bit limiting, but I'm sure I'll be fully recovered in order to fly back from Rio in November :)

I know this is off topic cruise-wise, but have a look at the Grand Hotel, Gardone on Lake Garda. We had a wonderful holiday there a couple of years ago and the weather should be good in May.

Margaret

For some reason DH is adamant that one place he doesn't want to go is the Italian Lakes! I think he had a dire holiday there in his youth, but doesn't seem prepared to try again at the moment. I think we're going to Funchal, Madeira. We missed it as a port on our last cruise, because of fog and bad weather, but do know it fairly well, having visited a couple of times, and it will be very relaxing. Sadly I'm not sure I'll be up to any levada walks, that was the highlight next time. Not staying at Reid's this time either, saving pennies for our next SB experience, hopefully!

That was our next thought, but I'm having trouble walking up hills at the moment, so we're going next door but 'down the hill' rather than up. Not as luxurious, but 'twill do. This really is just a 'down time' break with a bit of sunshine and warmth, and 'extra' really as we do have plans for another nice break later in the summer. If we get a summer this year.

Archived