What do you love about Carnival Freedom?

michelle028

My wife and I sailed on Freedom last year. The whole experience was a little "vanilla" but there were some good things about the ship.

It was new and very clean. Overall I thought the food ain the lido and at the pizza place, etc was pretty good. The fish fry was GREAT!

The staff, as usual was great. I don't know how they manage to remember names, drink orders, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

Going on the Carnival Freedom in the summer. Tell me what you love about it and any tips/hints :)

The ports are Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao.

Thanks in advance!

We will be on our first repeat ship this summer with our Carnival Freedom cruise. We sailed on her in 2009 and she is my favorite Carnival ship to date. We loved the crew, the food, the entertainment was best on any of the Carnival ships we have been on (we did have JH as a cruise director too which may have helped), the kids loved the mini golf layout, the fish & chips (yummyJ), etc. Since then we have sailed on the Destiny and the Glory which have similar layouts. DH likes this since he will know where he is going and won't get that lost feeling the first couple of days.

Loved our Freedom cruise last October, the ship is beautiful and clean. The crew all nice and friendly. Superb wait staff in anytime dining. We sat with other couples for dinner and met some great people. We did different ports (KW, HMC, OR) but it really was a nice ship.

It's not much different than any other Conquest Class ship. Just remember when you are on decks 3&4 you have to go UP to deck 5 if you want to go forward or aft. I always forget to do that until the 3rd day of running up and down the stairs to get around the dining rooms. LOL!

Going on the Carnival Freedom in the summer. Tell me what you love about it and any tips/hints :)

The ports are Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao.

Thanks in advance!

Me too! When are you sailing?

Honestly, I'm going out on a limb and saying I will love the ship and have a great time. It's all about how bad you want to get away from work.

Hope you have a great time!

It's not much different than any other Conquest Class ship. Just remember when you are on decks 3&4 you have to go UP to deck 5 if you want to go forward or aft. I always forget to do that until the 3rd day of running up and down the stairs to get around the dining rooms. LOL!

Haha, yes! This was so awkward.

Or decks 1,2,6,7 or 8. :rolleyes:

We did the same trip last May. We liked Freedom so much we're doing 6 days on her at the end of this month. We thought the food in the MDR was outstanding. The servers, in spite of being stretched thin, always remembered our names and orders even to the little things like wanting lemon with our water. The Room steward was so good, we'll measure others by him.

We missed Curacao because DH had the noro thing, but even then the staff was helpful and the med staff was pretty good.

The decorations are a little gaudy and the going down/up to get to the dining room was sometimes a pain. But a great staff more than makes up for it.

Is there a charge for the Serenity area like there is for Sanctuary on Princess?

Sailing on the Freedom 1 June 2013.

There isn't a charge for the Serenity area on the Freedom. It is as all the other posters mentioned a clean ship with great crew.

What I loved most was our balcony cabin on the Lido deck, what a great location.

We liked it a lot. The size was "right" to us. Not too big. We had one of the front facing rooms with a window looking out that they call an interior room because you cannot really see the water. We had "my-time" dining and asked for a different location the second night from the first and we fell IN LOVE with our servers and requested them every meal - followed them to breakfast!

I plan to sail on Freedom again as soon as we can.

Archived