Hand Sanitizer/Hand Wipes

livingis2me

Keep in mind these are dispensers and do not come with wipes.

I always take a tavel size of disinfecting wipes to wipe down the phone, remote, countertops, faucets, and the flush button as well. Maybe overkill but I have never gotten sick yet.

I also carry hand wipes wipes (like misstopgun, I carry regular wipes too for remotes, etc :D) or a small sanitizer to use after we touch the menu or salt/pepper shakers if we use them. Crazy? Maybe, but people sneeze into their hands and hold the menus...and we've not gotten sick either. Other than that, we wash our hands a lot and don't touch our faces. You'd be surprised how hard it is to stop touching your face! Since I work in a hospital, that's drilled into us and it took awhile to be aware of doing it. And we also have a lot of fun (great for your immune system) - 59 days and counting!

I'm hoping that the sanitizer dispensers are motion dispensed as opposed to the kind that you have to pull the lever. I guess we are going to have to bring hand wipes as well. Every other cruise I've been on, there is staff standing at the entrance to the dining areas who will basically not let you in without taking one of their wipes.

Ron

I'm hoping that the sanitizer dispensers are motion dispensed as opposed to the kind that you have to pull the lever.

Ron

They are motion activated.

FYI - Be careful at the Buffet areas. The dispensers usually dispense more than people need and people tend to shake the excess off their hands and it ends on the floor. The floor in the area can then become very slippery. I slipped and fell while I was wearing shoes with good traction.

I also carry hand wipes wipes (like misstopgun, I carry regular wipes too for remotes, etc :D) or a small sanitizer to use after we touch the menu or salt/pepper shakers if we use them. Crazy? Maybe, but people sneeze into their hands and hold the menus...and we've not gotten sick either. Other than that, we wash our hands a lot and don't touch our faces. You'd be surprised how hard it is to stop touching your face! Since I work in a hospital, that's drilled into us and it took awhile to be aware of doing it. And we also have a lot of fun (great for your immune system) - 59 days and counting!

I know that people think I go over board on the sanitizer, but I'm like you. I carry small can of lysol and spray down the room after the room steward has cleaned everything. That means door knobs, toilet seat, phone, sink handles, and shower knobs. I also carry a several small sanitizers in my purse so that while we are out in the different ports we can use them before eating. Remember something very important...people can be nasty, and a lot of folks do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. I have seen women use the bathroom and then walk right out of the restroom without even thinking twice about washing their hands. So if I tend to go over board with sanitizing, I really don't care because I'm concerned about my health!!!

Hi, so glad I found this thread, glad to see I am not the only one obsessed with sanitizing!

So far on track to being the first sailing for Sunshine so not overly worried about the cabins being too unhygenic but plan on packing some hand sanitizer for port trips, especially for before meals and when restrooms are not nearby, or very clean.

Archived