MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

from our Splendor cruise and it was great! any questions you have about the ship, I'll try my best to answer them

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time. I just posted a question about the best place from which to view the passing under the bridge. Can you also tell me what free drinks are served in the buffet besides water and tea? Any juices, flavored water, etc.? Thanks!

Splendor??? who cares.. Breakaway is in town!!

Who cares about the Breakaway??? Not me! YAWN :D

I want to cruise on a ship not a floating mega mall hotel complex. I'd gladly welcome the Miracle back in a heartbeat!

I started a thread about this, but maybe should have come here. Can you order a bottle of booze from room service? I don't want to do Bon Voyage, just thought maybe on day 2 or 3 I might want a bottle of Vodka. TIA.

Yes, I ordered a bottle of Absolute from room service during one of my 3 cruises on Splendor. This was when she was still on the West Coast though.

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time. I just posted a question about the best place from which to view the passing under the bridge. Can you also tell me what free drinks are served in the buffet besides water and tea? Any juices, flavored water, etc.? Thanks!

We have sailed from ny so many times that we weren't out there this time to see the bridge. As for the drinks, during breakfast it's coffee, tea, water and oj.Lunch it's water, lemonade and ice tea. I also got hot chocolate the last day and wish I knew about it sooner. Not sure what they have during dinner since we didn't eat at the lido deck

For the list of Splendor data ...

They put the balcony lights out at night - at least the ones in the aft part of the ship.

Can anyone confirm this?

I was also told that you can get a day pass just for the T-pool and it's cheaper than the $40.

We've had 3 separate balcony cabins on 3 splendor cruises from about mid ship forward - none of our balcony lights ever worked.

Edited by 4hunters

from our Splendor cruise and it was great! any questions you have about the ship, I'll try my best to answer them

Any feedback would be great!! What was your itinerary? What did you think of the ship? I am looking to go maybe next month (San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk).

Thanks ;)

We've had 3 separate balcony cabins on 3 splendor cruises from about mid ship forward - none of our balcony lights ever worked.

I don't think it's so much that they don't work, but they turn them off for some navigational reason. IDK for sure - this is just what I've heard

I'm going to be stargazing - so I wouldn't have it on anyway.

I don't think it's so much that they don't work, but they turn them off for some navigational reason. IDK for sure - this is just what I've heard

I'm going to be stargazing - so I wouldn't have it on anyway.

Right, that's what I meant - I should have said the lights were always disabled. ;)

Hi there, this is the most up to date info I could find, I plan on getting it for our cruise.

8-day cruise: $159 per guest / $268 per couple

They made adjustments to the fees due to various days for cruises.

For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer day and week long passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

Daily Pass: $40 per guest

Week Passes:

- 2-day cruise: $50 per guest / $80 per couple

- 6-day cruise: $139 per guest / $239 per couple

- 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couple

Thanks, canadiangal! I'm budgeting accordingly.

I just ran down quick to see her depart (I know guys, I have no life) and snapped a couple of shots/video.

It's all I can do to contain my excitement!

http://youtu.be/Ao44i52Hceo

He, he, me too! I saw it from the Staten Island Ferry. I think people thought I might jump overboard, I was that excited. :D Too bad I didn't have a camera with me.

Nice picture, btw.:)

He, he, me too! I saw it from the Staten Island Ferry. I think people thought I might jump overboard, I was that excited. :D Too bad I didn't have a camera with me.

Nice picture, btw.:)

Thank you! It's just a block from my apartment so I figured since it stopped raining I should go see it!

This looks like a fun Splendor cruise:

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to San Juan, Puerto Rico from New York, NY

2015: 02/13/2015

Day 1 New York, NY 4:00 PM

Day 2 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 3 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 4 Grand Turk 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 6 Antigua 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 7 St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 8 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 9 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to New York, NY from San Juan, Puerto Rico

2015: 02/21/2015

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 PM

Day 2 St. Kitts, WI 10:00 AM 8:00 PM

Day 3 Antigua 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 Grand Turk 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

Day 7 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 8 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 9 New York, NY 8:00 AM

I feel bad for the Splendor. It is going to take a beating from the NY whining and grumbling crowd. Nothing worse than being on a cruise full of NYers, they trash the ship, get obnoxious and drunk(out of control drunk), and are never happy. The Poor poor Splendor, will need to be drydocked after NY.;)

First off I live in the middle of the country so I don't have an iron in the fire. I've sailed out of NY numerous times and find the people mostly very decent and appreciate the crew and the cruise. NOW, I've sailed out of most US ports and the worst I've seen is Miami. I was on Valor when she was only a few month old. That bunch absolutely trashed the ship. I found the ice cream machine turned on with a big mess underneath, a parent arguing with a security officer because he made his kid get out of the pool with his ice cream. The kid got out and threw the cone into the pool and the parent told him "Good for you." The floors of some of the elevators were sticky from something spilled on the floors. Garbage was left everywhere and I noticed even the crew got tired of the disrespect and were slow clearing tables. Lots of tats and body piercings. That was a rough crowd. I've done Miami one other time I think on Princess and it was fine. Guess it just depends on who books.

I just ran down quick to see her depart (I know guys, I have no life) and snapped a couple of shots/video.

It's all I can do to contain my excitement!

http://youtu.be/Ao44i52Hceo

IMG_20130509_181836.jpg

Hi Monster16, :)

Terrific photo & video!! Thank you! My wife & I will be

on the Splendor any day now.

Thanks again, have a great day!

:)

Any feedback would be great!! What was your itinerary? What did you think of the ship? I am looking to go maybe next month (San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk).

Thanks ;)

we went to Gran Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We enjoyed the ship very much. As many said on here, the layout of the decks is confusing, but after a couples of days, you get used to it, since some of the decks dont go all the way through. Deck 5 is your best bet to walk the entire ship and that's where most of the activity is anyway.

Food was great. I mean there were times I chose something to eat and it wasnt to my taste, so I picked something else to eat. I definitely didnt starve.

My complaint is the buffet and how it's layed out. they pretty much placed everything on one section and there were always lines for every single buffet line. they put the salad bar and the hot food on the same line, so if i just wanted something from the hot bar, i had to wait at the end of the line, unless someone nicely let me cut just to get a bowl of soup.

we always had wonderful service in the dining room. our waiter was fantastic and ALWAYS gave us extra plates. He once gave me 3 servings of the sushi platter and I didnt complain.

Mongolian Wok is delicious, always a long line, but definitely worth it. I caught it the last 2 days.

Did the Chef's Table and that was a wonderful experience. The chef has only been on this ship for 2 weeks and he will continue on. You are definintely in good hands.

Shows were just ok. I liked Vroom, but the other 2 production shows were just ok. Comedian Eddie Capone was funny. he was the only one I caught at the Punchliner comedy show. he is a riot.

hmmm any other info? there is so much too tell!

we went to Gran Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We enjoyed the ship very much. As many said on here, the layout of the decks is confusing, but after a couples of days, you get used to it, since some of the decks dont go all the way through. Deck 5 is your best bet to walk the entire ship and that's where most of the activity is anyway.

Food was great. I mean there were times I chose something to eat and it wasnt to my taste, so I picked something else to eat. I definitely didnt starve.

My complaint is the buffet and how it's layed out. they pretty much placed everything on one section and there were always lines for every single buffet line. they put the salad bar and the hot food on the same line, so if i just wanted something from the hot bar, i had to wait at the end of the line, unless someone nicely let me cut just to get a bowl of soup.

we always had wonderful service in the dining room. our waiter was fantastic and ALWAYS gave us extra plates. He once gave me 3 servings of the sushi platter and I didnt complain.

Mongolian Wok is delicious, always a long line, but definitely worth it. I caught it the last 2 days.

Did the Chef's Table and that was a wonderful experience. The chef has only been on this ship for 2 weeks and he will continue on. You are definintely in good hands.

Shows were just ok. I liked Vroom, but the other 2 production shows were just ok. Comedian Eddie Capone was funny. he was the only one I caught at the Punchliner comedy show. he is a riot.

hmmm any other info? there is so much too tell!

Thanks for the info. what type of cabin did you have? Did you go to Margaritaville in Grand Turk? I heard they let you swim, play there for NC? That'd be AWESOME!!!

This looks like a fun Splendor cruise:

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to San Juan, Puerto Rico from New York, NY

2015: 02/13/2015

Day 1 New York, NY 4:00 PM

Day 2 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 3 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 4 Grand Turk 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 Antigua 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 7 St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 8 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 9 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to New York, NY from San Juan, Puerto Rico

2015: 02/21/2015

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 PM

Day 2 St. Kitts, WI 10:00 AM 8:00 PM

Day 3 Antigua 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 6 Grand Turk 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

Day 7 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 8 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 9 New York, NY 8:00 AM

I would LOVE to do this one. Makes the couple of cold sea days worthwhile and you can get to the Caribbean in the winter without flying. Have to see what the price is and save up!

Thanks for the info. what type of cabin did you have? Did you go to Margaritaville in Grand Turk? I heard they let you swim, play there for NC? That'd be AWESOME!!!

The pool at Grand Turk belongs to the Cruise Center - not Margaritaville - that's why there is no charge. The chairs on the beach belong to the Cruise Center as well. There is a charge for the Flo Rider. We were on the Miracle the last time we did this itinerary (GT, HMC & Nassau) and on the Legend when we did (San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola) Now we are sailing on the Splendor - looking forward to it! We've got an aft wrap!