MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Hi Kat, :)

Glad ya made this new Splendor post; my wife & I are leaving

so soon for our voyage, I just gotta tell someone how crazy the

past 'six days' have been in regards to price drops, and also how it

adds up, concerning things we reserved on the ship.

I'm a cabin 8B balcony category, Empress deck, forward.

Booked Early Saver long ago; we are also past guest.

6 days ago we qualified for Friends & Family Event Sale for the 1st leg

of our B2B ($131.36). The very next day we qualified for the same sale

for leg 2 of the B2B (388.24). A few days later we then qualified for the

same sale via Past Guest, for leg 1 ($70). The very next day, (last evening) once again

our category opened up under Friends & Family / Past Guest, for leg 2 ($70).

Been doin' an on-board credit happy dance all week, lol, especially when

my Carnival PVP or a customer service rep. places me on hold to put

the price drops in for me & email me my new cruise rates. Much faster over

the phone than filling out the online form. Email is sent right away

with new cruise rates listed/dropped, and OBC is listed within 2 hrs.

Now how it adds up in regard to things we reserved, and tips.

1 - Reservation Chef's Table Dinner @ 75 per person ($150)

2 - Reservations Pinnacle Steakhouse @ $35 per person ($140)

Tips 1st leg $184

Tips 2nd leg $184

----------------------

Total = $658

Total on-board credit as of today = $659.60

:) OBC- Happy Dance :)

I see you are sailing soon after us, so be sure to check the 'fare viewer'.

This past week I have seen Splendor categories come & go, and then open up again.

Maybe travel agencies are releasing blocks of cabins they had saved.

It pays to check fare viewer frequently because yesterday mid afternoon

my cabin category was not available for a price drop, but just 5 to 8 hrs

later, it was available. And now this morning 12 hrs later, it is not available.

Sorry to ramble, have a great day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I see you are sailing soon after us, so be sure to check the 'fare viewer'.

This past week I have seen Splendor categories come & go, and then open up again.

Maybe travel agencies are releasing blocks of cabins they had saved.

It pays to check fare viewer frequently because yesterday mid afternoon

my cabin category was not available for a price drop, but just 5 to 8 hrs

later, it was available. And now this morning 12 hrs later, it is not available.

You did great! Congrats on the price drops! I've been checking ours just in case, but we have an aft wrap 9C that we booked Early Saver last Sept. They have been sold out for quite some time. I've been checking Spa balconies, the other aft balconies and suites, but they are still more than we paid, so no price drops for me :(

The regular aft balcony next to ours is still unsold and going for $200 more than we paid for the wrap, so I'm thinking I got a good price!

Enjoy your cruise and take care of the ship for us!

This should be the prevalent Splendor thread, and the other one should just die, being it's so WEST COAST driven.

That's what I was hoping! I wish everyone would put all their Splendor comments in one place so I don't have to check 20 threads :D

I asked John Heald about this on his FB page and he said he would let us know (I wasn't the only one who asked). They were supposed to roll it out fleetwide by the end of March, so I don't know what the hold up is.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that!

I was another one who asked John abt FTTF on the Splendor. Don't know why they can't have it anyway for the platinums and diamonds....it's a nice perk but shouldn't have to be tied in to their money-making FTTF program

I was another one who asked John abt FTTF on the Splendor. Don't know why they can't have it anyway for the platinums and diamonds....it's a nice perk but shouldn't have to be tied in to their money-making FTTF program

John wrote on Friday that he should have good news soon!

Really looking forward to this cruise on May 9. This is our 18 Carnival cruise and we had Malcolm twice. Looking forward to experiencing Tex. first time on Splendor but it looks to be set up the same as the Valor or Freedom. Is this correct?

Really looking forward to this cruise on May 9. This is our 18 Carnival cruise and we had Malcolm twice. Looking forward to experiencing Tex. first time on Splendor but it looks to be set up the same as the Valor or Freedom. Is this correct?

I'm thinking it's probably set up alot like the Freedom, Valor,, Conquest, etc....I'll know for sure in just a few days ;)

kenspidey, you might want to change the year for your upcoming cruises! :eek::eek::p See ya on the ship! :)

When I first came across this thread in the early part of April I was THINKING about booking a cruise. Well I did! August 21 with my niece. I already have my Steakhouse reservation ; )

I am soooo looking forward to this vacation. Less than four months to go!!

Sailed this month on the Splendor did my 1st meet & greet even though I've sailed for 20 years all the people were great. 4th time out of N.Y.I think it is the smoothest run pier. I also think the Splendor is pretty to me it is more mauve.

Sailed this month on the Splendor did my 1st meet & greet even though I've sailed for 20 years all the people were great. 4th time out of N.Y.I think it is the smoothest run pier. I also think the Splendor is pretty to me it is more mauve.

Do you know if you can order room service over the tv? There was 1 ship I could do this on. I **THINK** it was the Spirit, but couldn't do this on Miracle. TIA and glad you had a good cruise. ;)

Do you know if you can order room service over the tv? There was 1 ship I could do this on. I **THINK** it was the Spirit, but couldn't do this on Miracle. TIA and glad you had a good cruise. ;)

not that I know we used the phone. our tv wouldn't even bring up the menu most of the time

Yes you can.

Sent using my Commodore 64

There is a thread called All things Splendor, but most of the posts are old and all are from LA.

I thought I'd start a NY related one, since we will be sailing on her in June and I've been on a quest for info.

Things I've learned so far/questions I've gotten answers to ...

The Splendor has actual trays - not plates pretending to be trays - yay!

Go through the “secret doors” (all the way to the front of the ship, may be at the left or right side with or without high wind warning signs) on decks 6, 7, 9, or 10 and you’ll have the same view the captain has from the bridge.

Rotisserie has good food and plenty of tables.

They can cover the Lido pool in inclement weather and they show movies there with free popcorn.

The cover band is currently True Identity - who I have heard are very good!

There is both a Mongolian Wok and a Burrito Bar. Also Tandoor/Indian - but I wasn't as interested in that - might give it a try, I've heard the Naan is very good.

The Sushi Bar serves sushi - not the Tasting Menu thing!

The Deli has good paninis.

Everything is PINK! Looks kind of lavenderish in some pics. I like pink - I can deal :D

The Steak House is good, and I may need to make my reservations online before we go. If you did the Steak house was it difficult to get a reservation? Ahi Tuna Tartare is calling my name!

It has a Serenity area with a bar, but no pool and no hot tub.

The aft pool is Adults only.

The ship has a mini golf course - I love mini golf and it's such fun to play on the ship with the wind wrecking havoc!

You have to pay extra for the Thalassotherapy Pool and the special Spa rooms, unless you have a Spa cabin.

They do the bean bag game - Yay! They do not do the Horse Race thing :(

Malcolm "WooWoo" Burns is the CD, but Big Tex will sub while Malcolm is on vacation - late May early June. I thought we would have Big Tex on the 6/10 sailing but John Heald said, we would have Malcolm. I've had him before, guess I will have to prepare myself to be "Wooed" :p

-----------------------------------------------------------

Things I would still like to know ...

Did they offer the wine pairing class in the Steak House? We did this on the Miracle and it was very good - loved the little food samples.

Do they have the little cinnamon rolls at breakfast - I love those?

I heard that they switched the Lido coffee to Lavassa and that it's much improved. If anyone can confirm this, I won't need to bring as much tea.

I'm sure I have more questions and more information, but that should do it for now. If anyone who has sailed her recently has Fun Times, they could share or perhaps post highlights - that would be awesome.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with my quest for knowledge! I've heard lots of good things from the first group out of NYC and the second group should be debarking as we speak! Those of us who will be sailing on the Splendor out of the Big Apple want to know!

thanks for starting this thread. our favorite ship is the miracle, and now that she's gone, we've been hemming and hawing about giving up cruising out of NCY since the splendor is significantly more, with a lot more people... but now i'm reconsidering.

Malcolm has been (by far) my favorite CD on any ship on any line.... and the most personable. he's TALLLLLL but really not intimidating.

Very excited to finally cruise out of NYC. Moved to Brooklyn last year and live in Bay Ridge just a block from the Verrazano bridge, will be exciting to see my building as we sail away for 8 days of fun. Haven't been on a cruise since 2007. This will be my 3rd time and prior both sailings were on the Fascination. Very curious to see how different this ship is. Thanks for all the wonderful info guys!