MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Cyber_Kat, my DW and I also have an Aft Wrap booked for the July 12th sailing (7/12 or 12/7...). First time on Splendor, twice in AFT wraps on Miracle. Please come back and let us know how the room was. Thanks.

Not to wish your cruise was over... but hmmm, yes I do - LOL

Splendor aft wraps will be a bit of a come down after the Miracle. They are just normal cabins with a great balcony.

I hope this isn't an issue! I never even considered it! I'm carrying on my wedding dress! :eek:

Is it in a garment bag? I don't think there will be any problem with that. And I could have just had a cranky camper - maybe she missed her morning coffee or happy pills ;)

Another time, I had a different suitcase and it was a little bigger and the port person said that if it didn't fit through the scanner, I would have to go all the way back to the beginning of the line again. They had a wall with a door back then, so you couldn't see the scanners. The suitcase would have fit fine - no problem. I didn't want to take the chance, so I did check it.

NYers should know they can't bully other NYers - maybe the cranky camper thought I was from out of town. Gave all the people in line something to amuse them while we worked our way through. I even pointed out the big bright yellow floor to ceiling info banners they had. The size was listed in letters at least 5 in high. She wanted no part of it.

Splendor aft wraps will be a bit of a come down after the Miracle. They are just normal cabins with a great balcony.

The room in the 6485 video looked a bit bigger than the regular cabins, but not at all like those awesome Vista Suite aft wraps on the Miracle & Legend - agreed!

The rooms on decks 7 and 8 looked smaller than the one on 6. It was the only one that had a couch big enough so that the room could sleep 3. It's the balcony I was interested in. I love that it has lounge chairs so I don't have to deal with CHOGS on the Lido if they are not holding to the time policy.

Cyber Kat!!

What have you done to me??

Now I'm going to look into this cruise and see if I can pull this one off. LOL!!

And I've only read over half of the first page! I'm scared (okay excited!!) to read the rest of it!

Happy sailing to all, and BTW... the ship full of NY'ers sounds exciting to me!!

Cyber Kat!!

Now I'm going to look into this cruise and see if I can pull this one off. LOL!!

And I've only read over half of the first page! I'm scared (okay excited!!) to read the rest of it!

Happy sailing to all, and BTW... the ship full of NY'ers sounds exciting to me!!

LOL - if you book 6/10 (or 10/6 for the man in the kilt :D) come join our roll call! There are aft cabins left on deck 6! I keep checking to see if there are price drops - but I guess I got a really good rate because there have been none for me so far!

And if you book, please tell Carnival they owe me a commission!

Cyber Kat!!

please book the 6/2 (or 2/6) cruise, you can join me :D

LOL! We have 6485 - which one are you in? There is an awesome video on YouTube of this cabin - it's what sold us on it -

There are videos there for 6450 - opposite corner and one of the 2 on deck 7 - not sure of the number.

Don't wish my cruise away :(

Sorry, I was just kidding - hope your cruise last twice as long. And as funny as it is... we are in the same room 6450 - take good care of it! Thanks for the YouTube :D

Kind of got that from the YouTube. The Miracle aft rooms are great. But, I like the looks of the open floor space in the Splendor rooms.

Cyber_Kat is right however, not having to deal with CHogs is great. Just have to get out there early enough to beat my two DD who are across the hall. :cool:

Kind of got that from the YouTube. The Miracle aft rooms are great. But, I like the looks of the open floor space in the Splendor rooms.

Cyber_Kat is right however, not having to deal with CHogs is great. Just have to get out there early enough to beat my two DD who are across the hall. :cool:

Suggest a little rope across the door area. When they trip, they will wake you up! Empty beer or soda cans in front of the cabin door will work also! :D

sorry for my ignorance, but what are CHogs?

A towel, or sandle, or book, etc occupying an otherwise empty chair, usually in a prime location.

Or more accurately the owner of said item.

Edited by big_duck

I am on the 4/23 cruise, I'll be sure to post when we get back. Already had CD Malcom 2x, maybe on the Miracle and I did find him quite annoying.....Prob ranks in the bottom but that won't stop us from having a great cruise.:cool:

Cher222, might I suggest you stop by our Roll Call and say hello? We would love to hear from you!;)

Cher222, might I suggest you stop by our Roll Call and say hello? We would love to hear from you!;)

Hey Jay, just saw that you had the latest post here, stopped to say hello and noticed you're sailing next week. Have a great cruise! We're going on the Freedom next week, same itin that we did with you on the Valor last Halloween. Can't wait, we've had a busy and snowy winter, need some R&R!

Take care and smooth sailing!

Deane

Well aren't we the grumpy camper this morning!

We always cruise out of NY and don't see any more "whining and grumbling ... trash the ship, get obnoxious and drunk" or unhappy people than I read about sailing from other ports. In fact, I don't recall seeing any of that on any of my cruises.

I'll take a cruise ship full of NYers any day - in fact I plan on doing just that June 10th! :D

Agreed!

I feel bad for the Splendor. It is going to take a beating from the NY whining and grumbling crowd. Nothing worse than being on a cruise full of NYers, they trash the ship, get obnoxious and drunk(out of control drunk), and are never happy. The Poor poor Splendor, will need to be drydocked after NY.;)

No, that would be the passengers on the cruise around South America getting to New York. I have never met so many people wearing their cranky pants. There were people on the cruise who complained the entire cruise. They were also rude, rude, rude. We were pushed, poked, run over and bumped. Most of the passengers were not from NY.

Hey Jay, just saw that you had the latest post here, stopped to say hello and noticed you're sailing next week. Have a great cruise! We're going on the Freedom next week, same itin that we did with you on the Valor last Halloween. Can't wait, we've had a busy and snowy winter, need some R&R!

Take care and smooth sailing!

Deane

SO good to hear from you! Even if it's snowing, I promise to have a great time!;)

You guys have a good time! I demand it!:rolleyes:

Jay

Edited by jayscore
spelling

I was just on the cruise that returned 4/8. I wrote a review but it hasn't been put up yet. we had a great cruise. You nailed all the answers you had and to comment on a few things you were still wondering about.....I don't know if they changed coffee on the lido but I thought it was better than my last few cruises as was the pizza IMO. Taste is much better. See Vroom. Aaesome. And the Legends show as a blast since Malcolm participated (at least on our cruise). I don't remember the cinammon rolls. Also, I ahve all the Fun Times. If I get time this weekend I will scan them.

I was just on the cruise that returned 4/8. I wrote a review but it hasn't been put up yet. we had a great cruise. You nailed all the answers you had and to comment on a few things you were still wondering about.....I don't know if they changed coffee on the lido but I thought it was better than my last few cruises as was the pizza IMO. Taste is much better. See Vroom. Aaesome. And the Legends show as a blast since Malcolm participated (at least on our cruise). I don't remember the cinammon rolls. Also, I ahve all the Fun Times. If I get time this weekend I will scan them.

Thank you! I would luv to read your review & see the fun times! Will it be posted on this board, or a different one?

Hi I noticed you are scheduled to go back on the Splendor during Easter 2014. We are also taking that cruise with our two granddaughters 13 & 10. Never gone at that time of year, but didn't want to take the kids out of school. Their first cruise I'm sure they'll love it. Noticed your a card player, play alot on the cruises?

Thanks! Glad to hear about the coffee. I have heard several people say that Vroom was good. I haven't seen this show, so perhaps I'll check it out. There are a number of us looking for the Fun Times, so that would be great! Can't wait to read your review!

Kath, THANKS for starting this! Leave it to you lol!!! ;) We had the aft wraps on Spirit, Miracle and Legend on deck 8, (spirit class) and I have to tell you, you are spoiled forever. I loved the seperate "rooms" in the cabin. Since Splendor doesn't have the same kind of cabin, we booked the extended L shape cabin right next to the aft wrap (deck 8) Watched the you tube video, Kath, and that is going to be a great cabin for you and that balcony....cripes, we had to take a bull horn and a GPS to hear and find each other!!! :D:rolleyes::eek::cool:

Anyone ever stay in the L shape cabins? We are booked in one for February, 2014 also, but figure if we don't like it, we'll just switch to a different cabin. Wanted to snatch it up while it was available, tho. Have fun with countdowns/planning everyone and to the pax who have already sailed and are giving us tips, thank you! ;)