Labadee cabanas

purescottish

I know this post will get moved, but I can't find the info I'm looking for

there will be 5 of us sailing Freedom in July and wanted to know if we could book a cabana at one of the beaches (possibly a beachside as the in laws are not too steady walking) we are not in a suite just a standard balcony cabin next door to each other.......

Can this be booked through the website, or will we have to wait and try to book when we are onboard

thanks in advance

wendy

x

I know I read somewhere on the RCCL website that cabanas are reserved for suite guests only. I can't remember if that applies to all of the Labadee beaches or just certain ones. I would call RC and inquire .. maybe they make exceptions

There are two cabana areas on Labadee, Barefoot Beach for those staying in suites, and Nellie's Beach for the rest of us.

If you are in a regular cabin (non suite) you can book a cabana via the shore excursions area on the website. You book under one persons name, then the rest get added when you get to the "island". They have over the water, hillside and beach cabanas. They do go very quickly so I would book asap if they are still available.

If the excursion section of your reservations says there are none availible on Nellies Beach, keep checking back daily since sometimes people cancel their reservations prior to sailing. Good luck at getting on for a July sailing. They are usually booked up months before sailings.

well I checked the website but only options were " enquire onboard" which was greyed out or the "cancel" button so I guess they must be booked out at the moment...will keep checking though and report back if we manage to snag one :-)

wendy

x

well I checked the website but only options were " enquire onboard" which was greyed out or the "cancel" button so I guess they must be booked out at the moment...will keep checking though and report back if we manage to snag one :-)

wendy

x

Make sure the ones you are seeing that say "inquire on board" are not for Barefoot Beach. The beach you are looking for is Nellie's Beach. They are first come first serve. Meaning you should be off the ship as early as possible to get the one you want.

Make sure the ones you are seeing that say "inquire on board" are not for Barefoot Beach. The beach you are looking for is Nellie's Beach. They are first come first serve. Meaning you should be off the ship as early as possible to get the one you want.

I just reserved one on Nellie's Beach. How many are there? Are some better than the others? I can get off of the ship as early as possible but wish cabana should I try to get? My mother who can not walk long distances will be with me.

I can get off ship, get everything set and then have her come off when she wants with my dd and/or dh. Which one should I try to get?

TIA

Kathy

I just reserved one on Nellie's Beach. How many are there? Are some better than the others? I can get off of the ship as early as possible but wish cabana should I try to get? My mother who can not walk long distances will be with me.

I can get off ship, get everything set and then have her come off when she wants with my dd and/or dh. Which one should I try to get?

TIA

Kathy

This is the best pic I have right now. I will look for a more detailed one so you can see the arrangement of cabanas and post it. This just shows how far from the ship you will be. You can arrange for a crew member to meet your Mom at the ship with a beach wheel chair to take her to Nellie's Beach.

2zogbpv.jpg

I found another thread with pics and the cabanas. I bumped it uo for you. The thread is titled Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too.. I hope that helps. I would just let then know when you check in to get the Cabana that your mom can not walk long distances. Maybe even call RCI if you booked directly and see if they can make a notation even though it's first come first serve of your Mom's needs and that you have one booked.

You do not have to walk that far. There are golf carts for the cabana renters.

The ones on the far side of Nellies will be best for you. They are right on the beach. The others involve some climbing. As the others have mentioned. Make a habit of checking every day. We booked ours for a cruise last July a few months prior to sailing. Well worth the $250.

I just looked at the pictures and I think as long as we get one with stairs into the water (not the ladder) we will be fine. The reviewer said they got a ride on a golf cart - which would be PERFECT. We are D+ so i am sure I can get off the ship with the first group.

Thank you!

Kathy

You do not have to walk that far. There are golf carts for the cabana renters.

The ones on the far side of Nellies will be best for you. They are right on the beach. The others involve some climbing. As the others have mentioned. Make a habit of checking every day. We booked ours for a cruise last July a few months prior to sailing. Well worth the $250.

I called 3 different people at Royal - NONE of them could tell me if they offered a ride on a golf cart.

Kathy

They do take you to the cabanas in golf cart type vehicles. We had the first cabana on the left side of the beach and that one had a ramp down to the water's edge. That one and the next one used the ramp. I would consider them handicap accessible. We were actually the last people to arrive at the cabana assignement area on the day we were there and that was the last cabana left. I felt it was the best. No steps or ladders to climb up or down to get to and from the water. If you are able to get one reserved, when you get onboard ship, go to the excursion desk and explain your mom's mobility issues and ask if you can have one of the accessible cabanas. They may be willing to do that for you.

In the post " Labadee, the best port ever", the pictures with the numbers on the cabanas, we had number 10. Both 9 & 10 use the ramp to get to the water's edge.

I will see if they can hold one of those for me - it will make it easier for my mom. I have no problem getting up early to be one of the first off the ship.

Archived