Premium Beverage Package-7 Day Cruise

Question, just booked 3 cabins 4 of the 6 people want the beverage package and 2 don't and won't drink enough for it to be worth while. Would it work to change the two people on the official bookings to a cabin together so they don't have to buy the beverage packages and then switch what room they are in once onboard or will they then make those two people buy the beverage packages?

That will probably work out fine.

We will have a problem with that because there will be five of us (3 adults and 2 children) in the cabin. I always purchase the soda package and my mother-in-law does not drink. My wife will purchase the alcohol package, but I don't think it's fair for my mother-in-law and I to also buy it. I know that Celebrity is a different line that's owned by RCCL, but when my wife and I went a few months ago on the Constellation, she purchased the alcohol package and I did not have to. My mother-in-law can get a doctor's note, but I'm not sure what I can do to get out of buying the package. I was told by a RCCL rep last week that I could go to guest relations when I get onboard and speak to them about it. I'm sure I won't be the first person or the last person to complain about this. :(

We cruised last week on Freedom of the Seas and loved the drink package. I know we far surpassed the number of drinks to break even...we were literally drinking the ship out of Mango Rum.

We paid for it all with an onboard credit but had to wait until we got onboard to buy it using the credit. The price for 2 people for a 7 day was $770 (for both of us)...$100 of which was the 15% gratuity. I think the gratuity is supposed to be there and don't have a problem with it BUT, we had to sign a receipt for ever single drink we got...even in Labadee. I hated that part and felt it was just to get more gratuity. I always felt a little bad writing "0" in the gratuity line but I had already tipped them when I bought the package. Seems to be a massive waste of paper as they print 2 receipts for each drink.

An interesting thing we also noticed is that most of the bar tenders we encountered we not very nice. The all seemed to not be enjoying their job very much. We noticed it because it was such a sharp contrast from our experience on our Southern Caribbean cruise out of PR a couple of years ago.

We will have a problem with that because there will be five of us (3 adults and 2 children) in the cabin. I always purchase the soda package and my mother-in-law does not drink. My wife will purchase the alcohol package, but I don't think it's fair for my mother-in-law and I to also buy it. I know that Celebrity is a different line that's owned by RCCL, but when my wife and I went a few months ago on the Constellation, she purchased the alcohol package and I did not have to. My mother-in-law can get a doctor's note, but I'm not sure what I can do to get out of buying the package. I was told by a RCCL rep last week that I could go to guest relations when I get onboard and speak to them about it. I'm sure I won't be the first person or the last person to complain about this. :(

You can thank those that bought only 1 package and shared it when this package was originally rolled out for the rest of us having to have all in the cabin purchase. I guess Celebrity has not had this issue so has not had to go this route yet.

I am sure you can go to guest relations when on board and ask nicely, but would be prepared for the answer to be no. If all else fails, your wife just purchases drinks as she wants them.

Regarding the beer selection, my husband did try to get a fancy beer (can't remember the name) in the Crown & Atlas pub on the promenade and that was NOT included in the plan. He just got another beer (Sierra Nevada?) that was.

FYI, Patron tequila is not included either.

Gratuities are included and we booked the package online

what's the status for gratuities?

the deal says gratuities are include in the price but when I go on-line to purchase for our cruise, it adds 15 percent on top, and to the total.

some folks here on other threads have stated the added 15 percent is an error.

some say RCL corrected the error, yet it is still added when I try.

some say the webpage adds it then takes it off when you go to the purchase page, but it is still there when I try.

so can anyone provide an answer, and does anyone know if I can purchase over the phone, if the website is adding an extra charge that ought not to be there.

We called and purchased over the phone, gratuities were included in the package and for the two of us on a 7 day cruise the total was $770.

Archived