Help with Aft Balcony

Packerman52

I have the opportunity to upgrade ($10 total) from a balcony on the Panorama deck to an extended aft balcony on the Vista Deck (cabin 9481) have never stayed in an aft, how does it compare with a reg balcony? I heard it could be party central.

Room size is about the same. You definitely get a little more balcony space. We had an aft balcony on the Dream (Vista Deck) and loved it. The only complaint I had was it was partially covered, so you couldn't really sit out on in the sun. But it offered great views. If it's only $10 more, go for it. Nothing wrong with trying something new.

We decided to go with a regular port-side balcony for our upcoming Valor cruise.

I heard it could be party central.

Big enough to be party central, but only if you want it to be. We love our afts, but have never had more than the 2 of us out on that big ol' balcony! It is nice to have loungers and room to move.

I have the opportunity to upgrade ($10 total) from a balcony on the Panorama deck to an extended aft balcony on the Vista Deck (cabin 9481) have never stayed in an aft, how does it compare with a reg balcony? I heard it could be party central.

we had an aft balcony cabin (6264) on the miracle in oct 2010. it was wonderful. just remember a couple things...depending on how much shade you get from other decks...even when the ship is sailing it could get much warmer back there because there isn't as much breeze. also, watch out for soot on the chairs and side table. our room steward wiped them off every day when he cleaned our cabin, but if we went out very early in the morning to drink our coffee, we always cleaned them off ourselves too just to make sure we didn't get soot on the bathrobes.

in my opinion, those are the only drawbacks to that type of balcony. so i say go for it...especially for only $10.

We loved aft! It's true though, hardly any breeze in the aft-extended and no lounge chairs. We did find a nice breeze and lounge chairs in the aft-wrap though. We didn't have a problem with soot on the Victory, but one morning out chairs were damp, we assumed it was from window washing on deck 10. Yes, you do get to know your neighbors!

We loved the aft so much we booked our next cruise on NCL in an aft!

We had aft balcony on the Liberty in Feb. It was bigger and there was one lounger & two chairs as there were 3 of us. It was nice to try but I missed seeing you pull into port. If you have the aft wrap now that is big and extends down the side of ship also so you can see everything.

The view from the aft balconies is mesmerizing when watching the wake trail behind the ship. I'm not sure what the party central comments are about. We had an aft wrap balcony on the Conquest and really enjoyed it. We did notice the soot on occasion that falls down from the Whale Tail. Just make sure you wipe off your chairs before sitting down. Here are a couple of pics from the Conquest, a different class of ship than the Breeze.

DSCF8133_zps23b9ad29.jpg

Soot on the Balcony Deck:

DSCF8072_zpse1b87d24.jpg

Less privacy across the side of the balconies:

DSCF7667_zps6f2bd428.jpg

The view from the aft balconies is mesmerizing when watching the wake trail behind the ship. I'm not sure what the party central comments are about. We had an aft wrap balcony on the Conquest and really enjoyed it. We did notice the soot on occasion that falls down from the Whale Tail. Just make sure you wipe off your chairs before sitting down. Here are a couple of pics from the Conquest, a different class of ship than the Breeze.

That looks like 8448. We had 8450 on the Liberty and loved it. It was bigger than the other Aft balconies (excluding the wraps, of course).

That looks like 8448. We had 8450 on the Liberty and loved it. It was bigger than the other Aft balconies (excluding the wraps, of course).

Yup, your right, cabin 8448 aft wrap on the Conquest. If I remember correctly I stepped off 72 steps from around the corner across the back (shoes toe to heal, size 14) on that balcony. It was long!

Not sure what the Breeze's would look like.

DSCF7660_zps934ce331.jpg

Most absolutely love an AFT balcony.

Have to admit has a great view ... but did not like being that far back on the ship because lots of walking for the places we normally went.

Also, we want a balcony but don't actually use it that often.

LuLu

~~~~

Most absolutely love an AFT balcony.

Have to admit has a great view ... but did not like being that far back on the ship because lots of walking for the places we normally went.

Also, we want a balcony but don't actually use it that often.

LuLu

~~~~

The aft balcony helps us walk off all that good cruise food we eat! :D

We almost upgraded to an aft balcony for our first cruise after seeing the pictures and hearing raves from others on this board. I am beyond grateful we didn't. None of us had a problem with seasickness....but when we were on the back of the ship, in the dining room on the Legend, or hanging out with friends who did get an aft my husband was incredibly sick from the shuddering of the aft area. Even I couldn't really enjoy the dining room at night because the ship sped up and the shuddering was really bad. If we had an aft I can imagine being slightly nauseated the entire cruise. Instead we fell in love with cruising. I don't even know how to describe the shudder other and a constant vibration on top of the normal ship movement. But whatever it is......we will pass on Afts, and won't book best guaranteed because we might be put there.

We had no issue with soot or vibration it was a great balcony, and love the idea straight up to and we were on the lido. The only issue we had was not seeing the stops before as we were docking. There is also not a lot of privacy on the back nto that my daughter and I needed it but for a couple not so much.

Yup, your right, cabin 8448 aft wrap on the Conquest. If I remember correctly I stepped off 72 steps from around the corner across the back (shoes toe to heal, size 14) on that balcony. It was long!

DSCF7660_zps934ce331.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic! That balcony looks tremendous!!!

We are cruising on the Freedom in September and have booked cabin 8448. I think the cabins (and beautiful balconies) should be similar since they are sister ships.

So excited!!!!

Happy cruising!!!

Thanks for posting the pic! That balcony looks tremendous!!!

We are cruising on the Freedom in September and have booked cabin 8448. I think the cabins (and beautiful balconies) should be similar since they are sister ships.

So excited!!!!

Happy cruising!!!

Your Welcome! I actually posted a lot more of Conquest Cabin 8448 pictures including the cabin inside on another thread. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116081

DSCF7660_zps934ce331.jpg

Thanks for the pic, we are in 8448 coming up very soon. Can't wait!

How private is it from the deck above?

Do the doors open to connect the balconies all the way across the back....from one wrap to the other?

And is the inside of the wrap bigger than a normal balcony cabin?

Yes and Yes.

We had an aft-wrap starboard side on the Victory. My parents had the aft-extended next to us and there is a door in the partition that you can ask your steward to open. On top of that, my DDs had the L-shaped balcony on the other side of us, and the steward was able to open that door up too.

The balconies on deck 6 are longer and wider than decks 7 and 8. Book starboard side and you won't hear any noise from the lounge below.

you might want to check what's on Deck 10. If you are under a high traffic area, especially the Lido, you could hear scraping chairs when the crew is cleaning.

Yes and Yes.

We had an aft-wrap starboard side on the Victory. My parents had the aft-extended next to us and there is a door in the partition that you can ask your steward to open. On top of that, my DDs had the L-shaped balcony on the other side of us, and the steward was able to open that door up too.

The balconies on deck 6 are longer and wider than decks 7 and 8. Book starboard side and you won't hear any noise from the lounge below.

Thank You :)

Archived