Room Service Tip

dvdisney

I don't want to insult, or go overboard (pun intended). So I'm hoping you all can help me.

We're booked for a cruise in 21 days! Woot Woot. It will be my husband and my 2yr old daughter. My plan is to have simple breakfast (ie toast and a banana with glass of milk) delivered to the room every morning for her, then we'll hit the mdr or buffet for an actual breakfast for mommy and daddy.

What is the customary tip for room service (just small items)?

Thanks for any help!!!

For your example,,, the small fruit plate for daughter? a buck or 2 would be fine.

If they had to bring the same order but for all 3 of you? ,,,, I'd bump it up by another buck or 2.

For room service,,,, you're just showing a little appreciation for the service itself. You're not adding to their payroll bottom line.

I've heard that $2 bills are tough for the crew to spend. I would stick with $1 bills.

I agree with this. I read recently about someone in the US having trouble cashing one at a fast food place because everyone thought they were bogus.

In my humble opinion.......it is a minimum $2 tip- and if you give them a $2 bill, well yippy for them, because they are now worth almost $3. They are smart, they'll figure out how to get the most of this awesome tip!

In my humble opinion.......it is a minimum $2 tip- and if you give them a $2 bill, well yippy for them, because they are now worth almost $3. They are smart, they'll figure out how to get the most of this awesome tip!

This is unfortunately not true. $2.00 bills are still being printed and have no increase in their face value. At least since 76. There are some 2 dollar bills that are worth more than face value before 76...to get into the 3 dollar range, your looking as far back as the 1950'S.

Archived