Passenger booted of Rhapsody of the Seas

How about we all forget my comments and get back to the topic. I promise I will not make any more statements on cruise lines!!

Ok,I have since heard of another incident with a family being kicked off my last cruise. The Father had a drinks package and was drinking 30 beers a day. Security checked out what was happening and found he was providing drinks to his underaged son (16). The whole family kicked off in Brisbane.:D

An Australian drinking 30 beers a day was considered out of the ordinary?

Under the alcohol laws of most Australian states it is not illegal to provide alcohol to someone under the age of 18 in a private residence. If you have bought a beer and given it to your 16 year old son in a private cabin you have not broken the law, if you have taken a beer bought under your drink pass and given it to your 16 year old son in a public bar you have broken the law and exposed the cruise line to underage drinking allegations. So good grounds for kicking them off the boat.

Under the alcohol laws of most Australian states it is not illegal to provide alcohol to someone under the age of 18 in a private residence. If you have bought a beer and given it to your 16 year old son in a private cabin you have not broken the law, if you have taken a beer bought under your drink pass and given it to your 16 year old son in a public bar you have broken the law and exposed the cruise line to underage drinking allegations. So good grounds for kicking them off the boat.

The ships sail in international waters so Australian law does not apply onboard when sailing.

I think the ship would have had two issues here:

Firstly, the drink packages are not to be shared, no matter who, how old or where they drank it.

Secondly, the underage drinking while on board, the cabin is not the passengers' home, it is part of the ship, so the alcohol laws of Australia would not apply whether it is Australian or international waters. The contract that each person signs when boarding any vessel would be binding and it stipulates under age drinking is not allowed, so much so that several people I know could not secure the drinks package for their 18 and 20 year old children due to the 21 age limit applying in the US, even though once onboard they could purchase the package with proof of ID.:D

I have only done a 3 nighter on RCL but I can assure you, there was no sign of security.

Karen I just did a 14 nighter on VOS and I only see one small indian woman who was security the entire trip and i was amongst the drink package drunkards:D

I have spoken to many a P&O security in the past as they are always there in plain view,also I didnt witness any "Teen security" on both RCI and Carnival USA like they have on P&O?

Den

With due respect to you and not wishing to get into a debate.....that you 'know' of.....:rolleyes:

How often have I seen this statement....as if its use absolves people.

With respect, you have no idea whether people got up and left because you were loud ruining their evening. Or over friendly...or running off at the mouth..or whatever.

Unless you sat in your cabin and drunk...sober or drunk...everyone has an effect on those around them that would not have occurred if they had not been in that place.

And this is the issue with drunks...or any anti-social behaviour. Just because someone doesn't jump up on a table and sing does not mean that they have not impinged on someone....

Fact! 1/3rd of the passenger list on my VOS cruise had purchased a premium drinks package and were drunk for the better part of 14 nights! Doesnt leave many to walk away with a spoilt time from the drunks bad behaviour :rolleyes:

I cancelled my drinks package on day 5 but kept a very healthy association with many other drinks package consumers even though I limited my own consumption the rest of the trip!

The single biggest complaint on this cruise was the same as all cruises I have been on! Grumpy pushy inconsiderate "Senior Citizens" who for some reason believe the rest of humanity deserve them a favour and some sort of grace from their diabolical and at times very childish behaviour:confused:

Drunkenness can well be associated with "disorderly conduct" but the truth is the majority of drunk people are happy drunks or where would we jail all them disorderly people on a Saturday night every single week of the year every year?

They just dont Gel with some peoples view of normality:)

I just did a 14 nighter on VOS and I only see one small indian woman who was security the entire trip and i was amongst the drink package drunkards:D

Not all of the VOS security team are dressed in uniforms. Some of them are undercover, if what was shared on the All Access Tour is correct ;).

Throughout that same 14 day cruise I did see at least 4 different security staff in uniform (mostly on the all access tour and at the reentry point in ports of call)

The single biggest complaint on this cruise was the same as all cruises I have been on! Grumpy pushy inconsiderate "Senior Citizens" who for some reason believe the rest of humanity deserve them a favour and some sort of grace from their diabolical and at times very childish behaviour:confused:

Hmmm! I've encountered more pushy, inconsiderate mothers with children than grumpy oldies, who are mostly pleasant and as determined to enjoy themselves as the younger ones. :D And don't mention kids pushing every lift button and running away! No wonder they are always breaking down. :cool:

Archived