Oasis Apr 6th Eastern Caribbean Cruise Compass

We used a whopping 2 minutes of internet for a grand total of $1.30, but the internet rates posted on the RCI website are the same as onboard:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=310&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ's

Luggage Valet was available and I'm very sorry I didn't save the flyer we received, but the information is on the RCI website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Equipaje&faqId=2847&faqSubjectId=348&faqType=faq

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how you get the guest celebration announcements in the paper. I would love to surprise my best friend and wish her a happy birthday on the cruise. We are both celebrating our 50th on the cruise. I think this would definitely make it special.

I wonder how you get the guest celebration announcements in the paper. I would love to surprise my best friend and wish her a happy birthday on the cruise. We are both celebrating our 50th on the cruise. I think this would definitely make it special.

I bet you can go to guest services after boarding and set it up. I'll be doing that for my daughter as well!

I called RCI a few months ago and they said to visit guest services on embark day and it's $25

I was told that they need at least 2 days notice. I tried to have it done for my daughters b-day but for whatever reason it never appeared in the compass. My fault as I didn't consider it until day 2 then finding out it would not appear until at least day 4. On day 5 we realized that somehow it had been omitted and was to late to be included. The charge did show up on my sea-pass card though. I had forgotten about these announcements, next time I will be sure to get there upon embarkation.

Sheal

Thank you for the info. I will definitely head to guest services on day one. I think $25 is reasonable enough. We are cruising ahead of our birthdays so it will not matter what day it appears in the paper. It is a great idea I had not realized they started doing this. It has been two years since I sailed on RCCL.

• 2 months later...

On my 50th birthday my wife put in the cruise compass a happy birthday to me notice, but they published it as a 50th anniversary. My wife was only 48 at the time, so she would have been married to me two years before she was born.

They credited the charge for the posting because it was their mistake.

Also on the 6th day, RCCL made a mistake in the announcement of the backstage tour. It said: "Your Invited.." It Should be "You're Invited.."

This bothers me.

• 5 months later...
On my 50th birthday my wife put in the cruise compass a happy birthday to me notice, but they published it as a 50th anniversary. My wife was only 48 at the time, so she would have been married to me two years before she was born.

They credited the charge for the posting because it was their mistake.

Also on the 6th day, RCCL made a mistake in the announcement of the backstage tour. It said: "Your Invited.." It Should be "You're Invited.."

This bothers me.

I am a teacher. I catch those errors, as well, but it doesn't ruin my day or cruise. Every day on a cruise is a great day! Happy sailing! Sorry they messed up your kind birthday jesture.

I am a teacher. I catch those errors, as well, but it doesn't ruin my day or cruise. Every day on a cruise is a great day! Happy sailing! Sorry they messed up your kind birthday jesture.

agreed. i am a travel agent and we are always saying that royal caribbean needs proof readers. i have never seen so many mistakes. in letters, on the ships and in marketing.

• 1 year later...