Medallion Level?

ExDean

No wording of "Because we want to see you take advantage..." on my email message or a little white box. Could be because we're already booked? My reading of new Platinum level (eff. 4/15/13) is you achieve it after your 6th cruise (6th to 15th cruise) this vs. Platinum after your 5th. Looks like after our next cruise we'll go over the 51 day level and get a "status" increase.

We are taking our 6th Princess cruise after 4/15/13, and our Cruise Personalizer still states we are already Platinum. We received our Platinum Cards at the end of our 5th Princess cruise. Hope they don't downgrade us to Medallion when we board next week. :( Were really looking forward to our first Platinum perks. :D

We are taking our 6th Princess cruise after 4/15/13, and our Cruise Personalizer still states we are already Platinum. We received our Platinum Cards at the end of our 5th Princess cruise. Hope they don't downgrade us to Medallion when we board next week. :( Were really looking forward to our first Platinum perks. :D

No change to Platinum or Elite

My reading of new Platinum level (eff. 4/15/13) is you achieve it after your 6th cruise (6th to 15th cruise) this vs. Platinum after your 5th. Looks like after our next cruise we'll go over the 51 day level and get a "status" increase.

Nope, it says "From your 6th to 15th cruise"

From, not after.

You are platinum starting with the 6th cruise.

So Enjoy!

Rick

If they had meant after your sixth cruise, they would have written "after." They wrote "from," which means the starting point of a time or activity -- as in, you're Platinum starting at cruise #6. I'm not sure how much clearer they could be. You might also note that the number of days to be Platinum didn't change, so that should be a pretty good sign that the number of cruises has remained static, also.

As we head toward a third booking with Princess, the incentive of some additional OBC for booking by 5/30 which is offered in the Medallion email is attractive. Will we figure out which cruise is next and book by then? Not sure!

There is text that states: "Because we want to see you take advantage of our exciting new Medallion Members benefits as soon as possible..."

It goes on to offer $100 reduced deposit (big deal :rolleyes:) and then OBC up to $100 per qualifying passenger (balcony level and above, $200 limit per stateroom).

The additional OBC is always appealing, right?

My e-mail didn't say a thing about the special offer. We are cruising to Alaska next month. On Sunday (the 14th) I booked a suite for a repositioning cruise and then got the e-mail on Monday with no incentive/OBC offered for the medallion level. If they are giving this per person, that would mean $200 credit for us. I wonder if I call the Captain's Circle if there is any chance they would honor the offer.

Also in the Med. Level e-mail, there is mention of the cards: Please note, that we no longer issue Captain's Circle cards as your status is recognized with only your Member Number.

Hey, I didn't even get the email! I am Medallion, with 4 cruises completed and my 5th coming up in July. My Cruise Personalizer shows that I'm Medallion and I got the upgrade to my insurance, but no email. I even checked my "junk" folder and it's not there either. Good thing I read everything on Cruise Critic so I know about that valuable 10% discount on Reflections. :rolleyes:

Same here. Nothing.

Update .... I called Princess Captain's Circle this am. They transferred me to Customer Relations. We received the Medallion e-mail but with no offer of reduced dep and on board credit. She pulled up our two current reservations. I remained calm during the whole call, but really stressed my dissatisfaction with how this was done. We literally booked a cruise for next year just hours before receiving the e-mail and booked a suite (our first ever). This could of meant up to $200 for the two of us in OBC.

Overview of the call: They have no idea what criteria was used to determine who got the OBC offer AND they will not extend it to anyone else that was not given the offer. They are adamant that it will not be given to anyone else!!!

She said they were keeping track of the complaints - doesn't help now but could help with future promotions.

My recommendation: Call and voice your complaint. If we don't register our dissatisfaction with this, it won't change.

Question: Those that received the offer, did you have any other Princess cruises booked for the future BEFORE receiving the e-mail?

My sister got that email too, and I think I figured out who gets the OBC and who don't. If you are currently gold (like my sister), you will get the OBC offer so you can become Medallion. If you are already Medallion or higher (like me), then you don't get the OBC. It sucks for us who have cruised more with Princess...:confused: Where's the payback for loyalty?

I guess the reasoning is if are you already sailing with them, there's no need to attract you with an OBC offer...

Question: Those that received the offer, did you have any other Princess cruises booked for the future BEFORE receiving the e-mail?

No, no future cruises booked, but FCC purchased for each of us. We have 2 Princess cruises completed (20 days).

We most likely won't reach Medallion with our next cruise, but we will be closer.

Every little bit of OBC is incentive.

My sister got that email too, and I think I figured out who gets the OBC and who don't. If you are currently gold (like my sister), you will get the OBC offer so you can become Medallion. If you are already Medallion or higher (like me), then you don't get the OBC. It sucks for us who have cruised more with Princess...:confused: Where's the payback for loyalty?

I guess the reasoning is if are you already sailing with them, there's no need to attract you with an OBC offer...

We are both Gold and didn't get the offer.

No, no future cruises booked, but FCC purchased for each of us. We have 2 Princess cruises completed (20 days).

We most likely won't reach Medallion with our next cruise, but we will be closer.

Every little bit of OBC is incentive.

We have 2 cruises ... 19 days. One cruise booked for next month (can't wait) and one for next year. The one for next year we booked just hours before the e-mail was received. No OBC offered.

Of course you will. You become Medallion on the completion of your 3rd cruise. You have taken 2 cruises, so after your next cruise (regardless of number of days) you will be Medallion. Not that it's worth much. :rolleyes:

We have 2 cruises ... 19 days. One cruise booked for next month (can't wait) and one for next year. The one for next year we booked just hours before the e-mail was received. No OBC offered.

You probably received no offer because you had one cruise booked already, never mind booking a second as the offer was announced. You were a complete certainty for Princess, while we have only indicated interest with our FCC purchase. Princess wants more commitment from us by 5/30, so they made the offer.

At least, that's my guess - maybe a dart board was involved? ;)

You probably received no offer because you had one cruise booked already, never mind booking a second as the offer was announced. You were a complete certainty for Princess, while we have only indicated interest with our FCC purchase. Princess wants more commitment from us by 5/30, so they made the offer.

At least, that's my guess - maybe a dart board was involved? ;)

I think it was a dart board for sure !!!! :D

I thought only the Upgrade Fairy used the dart board. :p

Upgrade Fairy has been drafted to help with this too. Falls under her job description as "other duties as required". They didn't have time to train her in all of the "rules for offers" so she has fallen back on her tried and true way of using the dart board to meet her deadline for this project. :D

Archived