Calabrazza

Mhurst

Any feed back from calabrazza catamaran excursion?

You will find lots of positive reviews on this board for Calabaza. January 2014 will mark our fourth trip with Gina and her crew. Every time we sail with them it is like coming home! The food is amazing. The atmosphere is so relaxed. The rum punch is to die for and swimming with the turtles is one of the best things that I have done in my life.

They only take 12 people when they could fit twice that number on the boat. You will not regret booking with them. Money well spent!

Kristi

I also highly recommend Calabaza! The food was excellent, hot breakfast snacks & full lunch, the drinks were generous, and Gina and her crew were instantly friends! Of course snorkeling with the sea turtles was the highlight. One problem, this excursion will spoil you for all those overcrowded ship tours! :eek:

Gina even e-mails you the recipes for food and drinks afterwards. :D

I truly cannot say enough great things about the day, Gina & crew and their hospitality! We too booked almost 1 year in advance and paid $110. Here is the review I gave Calabaza:

I read many reviews, and had previously sailed on Silvermoon, so we had high expectations. Gina, and her crew Ben and Danny surpassed our expectations!!

It is as described by so many here, warm banana bread, drinks and service to die for from the start! The seas were unusually rocky during our entire week at sea on our cruise, and this day was no exception. Gina was honest, and said the visibility may not be good, and swells can affect the turtles, and other times not at all. They are natural turtles, in their environment, so I could not have expected any different answer, and greatly appreciated her candor.

There was an hour or so sail out to Payne's Bay and the crew offered snacks and drinks along the way, and pointed out different sights along the way. When we arrived, immediately Shelly (a resident, friendly turtle) popped her head up and brought 2 of her friends. We had an AMAZING experience, and the 3 turtles swam around our group of 12 for at least 1/2 an hour. I could have never left. I truly was so happy, and grateful for such an experience, I cannot put into words the joy I felt, and still feel when I describe it!

Due to the swells, we headed back to close to the port, Carlisle Bay (I believe) where we snorkeled over 2 different sites and enjoyed a GREAT lunch. After lunch the catamaran stayed anchored, and we could swim or relax on the boat for about an hour. The day was paced perfectly and could not have been enjoyed more by our family.

I truly feel a visit to Barbados without sharing at least 1 sail with Gina and her crew would be an insufficient trip! I know when we return for a land vacation, Gina will be the 1st reservation I make after our accommodations

• 3 weeks later...

We have this reserved for our cruise. Cost is $110/pp and $90/pp under 12. You don't have to pay anything until you get there. You just have to email with the date. Gina has been a great help and replies pretty fast. I understand the spots fill up quickly so I wouldn't wait too long if you want to do this

We have this reserved for our cruise. Cost is $110/pp and $90/pp under 12. You don't have to pay anything until you get there. You just have to email with the date. Gina has been a great help and replies pretty fast. I understand the spots fill up quickly so I wouldn't wait too long if you want to do this

You do not have to pay before excursion but you do have to provide a credit card to hold your reservations.

During our recent cruise we booked daysails from both St Thomas and Barbados. Our day with Calabaza was the highlight hands down. In fact, it is one of the very best excursions I have ever taken, anywhere!

• 4 weeks later...

We went once on a cruise ship excursion - fun but just so many people -

once with Gina last year and just confirmed with her to repeat next year - only slightly more expensive than the cruise excursion but way more enjoyable!

This is the only tour I have booked so far for my January 2014 cruise. With all the great reviews and us having 9 people, I booked her months ago to make sure she had availability. With them only taking 12 people per excursion, I didn't want to wait for her to fill up and not have room for us.

We were told they are full for our day Jan. 29, 2014, but they have a partner. Sugar Moon (If i heard her right) anyone w/experience with them?

I hope you can return to Barbados again and book with Calabaza. We have been home since March 18, and my kids still talk about the day as one of the best days ever!

Gina referred you to Silver Moon, and they do a great job. DH & I went with them in March of 2010. When we booked with them, we went on the 24 person cat, that could probably have fit 60+. They will take great care of you!