Review of our 2013 Spring Break Carnival Breeze Cruise

PaulMedik

Bryson and Britt's balcony;

8653172010_3563cdef2b_b.jpg

Carnival Breeze Day 5 by paulmedik, on Flickr

As you can see from this shot up the side we never did escape the high winds;

8653168532_3fb7c49f42_b.jpg

Before disembarking I took a stroll around the Lanai and met jljlinda in the forward area. This is a 'miniature' or 'toy effect' shot from that location;

8653286480_0433fbdb44_b.jpg

Nice pool;

8652198939_8e7fc8cab7_b.jpg

Shot of pool in 'miniature' mode;

8653294970_c75ea4ccd4_b.jpg

Passengers were streaming from the ship like bees from a hive headed for their evening on the island;

8653294568_7bc990d8be_b.jpg

I am loving this review. My next cruise I hope to sail on the Breeze. Your photos are amazing. I love the toy effect photos. Can I ask what cabin #'s you were in?

Great review. Looking forward to our Breeze cruise in August. Quick question (and forgive me if this has already been answered) how far is the port from The Savoy?

Daisy7113,

Thank you.

The Savoy is on the 400 block of South Beach which makes it very handy for hitting 5th Street which is the causeway over to Miami and the port. It's about a 10 minute cab ride assuming you hit the lights wrong. ;)

Bon Voyage!

Thanks so much. I'm assuming that's TOTAL not per person? That's not a bad rate at all if so.

gobucks,

Yes that's TOTAL and not per person. :)

I am loving this review. My next cruise I hope to sail on the Breeze. Your photos are amazing. I love the toy effect photos. Can I ask what cabin #'s you were in?

moran4carnival,

Thank you.

Our cabin was #6501 (Aft wrap starboard deck 6). Bryson and Britt had the aft balcony besise us #6503 and Spencer & Jaden were in the across the hall inside #6497.

Great review and pix. DW and I will be on Breeze for the 7/6/12 sailing, we are flying into FLL and taking shuttle to Port of Miami. Do you have any recommendation on what shuttle to use, and price?

Great review and pix. DW and I will be on Breeze for the 7/6/12 sailing, we are flying into FLL and taking shuttle to Port of Miami. Do you have any recommendation on what shuttle to use, and price?

Adman98 we are on the same cruise :) we utilize SAS transport. Great service

We always do the same and use SAS transport also... I believe shipmate has a 10% discount on swingline transportation ... This year united changed our flight times and now we are flying in and out of Miami!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can tell by Karen's posture, it was a bit cold;

8643362163_5dd46b8d2c_b.jpg

Carnival Breeze Nassau by paulmedik, on Flickr

Not exactly 'Grand Turk' close to the ship, but close enough for pics;

8644457688_604b635329_b.jpg

8643355213_6809636ea5_b.jpg

Tons and tons of fish;

8644448054_d169b94a51_b.jpg

The beach cleared out quite a bit as crew and passengers headed back to their ships;

8644437398_b9e433898f_b.jpg

This fine young man was our server for the day and kept us supplied with cold drinks and tasty snacks. We also rented our chairs from him for $6 each......I think

8643339355_40711dfcb9_b.jpg

Great pics,,,,,is your land camera also underwater? Would love details.

Adam98,

I would also recommend SAS shuttle since it's just the two of you; Larry's Limo would be my recommendation if five or six, but two wouldn't be the best price.

Great pics,,,,,is your land camera also underwater? Would love details.

The pics in the review that have date stamps were taken with my Canon D20 which is an underwater camera. All others were taken with Canon cameras, but not underwater models.

Paul I LOVED your review and all the amazing pictures. My husband and I spent an afternoon reading and looking at the pictures a few weeks back. I have a question for you. In the Dominican Republic you went to the Dreams resort. Can you tell me how I can get in touch with them? We will be there in Jan. and after I read your review I wrote down that there is where we were gonna go but I didn't write down any details. Thanks for your time?

have enjoyed reading this review and i know somewhere in the review i remember seeing you post what kind of camera you are using and ive been unable to find it now,just courious as to what it was by chance?

Sorry I do have another question though, how long of a taxi ride was it?

Sun 4-ever,

The taxi ride lasted exactly 19 minutes from the time we all got in the taxi until we pulled through the entry gate at Dreams Resort (based on the time stored in exif of the photos and the time is accurate.)

It was 43 minutes total from the time we walked off the ship's gangway until we were sitting in the lobby of Dreams Resort. Basically we exited the ship and didn't spend any time milling around in the port area. ;)

have enjoyed reading this review and i know somewhere in the review i remember seeing you post what kind of camera you are using and ive been unable to find it now,just courious as to what it was by chance?

Jason60,

Thank you.

I shot with a Canon 5DIII, Canon SX260HS, Canon SX50HS, and a Canon D20. The 5DIII is a full frame DSLR. The SX260HS is basically a pocket camera that also has GPS stamps in the exif if each picture. The SX50HS is a long zoom that goes to 1200mm. The D20 is an underwater camera that also stamps GPS locations.

The links above are hopefully directly to each camera on Canon's website. ;)

I can't believe I'm just finishing reading this. Your review was absolutely awesome. I love all of your pictures and details. You have successfully pumped me up a bit for my Breeze cruise in 4 short months! :D

I can't believe I'm just finishing reading this. Your review was absolutely awesome. I love all of your pictures and details. You have successfully pumped me up a bit for my Breeze cruise in 4 short months! :D

gapearl,

Thank you.

Bon Voyage!