How many people cruise without their spouse?

superduper123

My DH is my BFF. He stayed home with our elderly cats several times while I cruised solo. The cats have now passed away and we cruise together.

I have more vacation time than he does and will consider solo cruising in the future.

I and my dh took our first cruise together for our 20th wedding anniversary, but he is too much of a home body and has NO desire to go away from home. When we married I knew this and plan accordingly. Most of the time I travel with our youngest son. Do I miss him not going with me, for sure, but I need time to recharge and relax.

How lucky you are to still have Mom....I'll never forget the memories of cruising/traveling with my parents..who were my two best friends..I have an understanding hubby too that knew how important my spending time with them was while we could.

Sally and I took both our mothers on a Fall Colors Cruise to Canada last year. We had a great time and I'm now the favorite son and son inlaw, but it was a challenge for me to cruise with three opinionated women. Don't know why I didn't think about that before the cruise.:o

Burt

I have never cruised with my husband. I would love to, but he has health issues which prevent him from going.

I vacation with a group of older women called "Golden Girls Gone Wild." We have a ball! It's our week to be pampered and to be waited on. We do whatever we want, eat whatever and whenever we want and don't have to take care of anyone but ourselves....no dishes, no laundry, no cleaning, no chauffeuring.... no better way to relax than on a cruise! Our biggest chore is deciding which drink to order.

Sally and I took both our mothers on a Fall Colors Cruise to Canada last year. We had a great time and I'm now the favorite son and son inlaw, but it was a challenge for me to cruise with three opinionated women. Don't know why I didn't think about that before the cruise.:o

Burt

Burt...May have been best that you didn't think about it....Would it have really made any difference if you had ;):D

My husband sometimes goes skiing without me (I have a bad back and don't have the same passion for it that he does), and then my sister and I take an annual cruise together every year.

My husband has no desire to cruise and was a "Douglas Downer" for most the only cruise he ever tried.

So we spend 50 plus weeks together, take family vacations, and couples vacations; but we've decided that we are both free to do our own things occasionally.

I like having that freedom to do something I love without dragging him along knowing he won't be happy.

My sister and I live on opposite coasts and before we started our annual cruise, rarely saw each other. Now, we look forward to our annual cruise together and the hubby stays home and takes care of the pets.

Have only cruised with hubby once to Alaska. The rest have been with my BFF. She and I also do land vacations together withour our respective DH's.

This is me too. Took BF to Alaska, he didn't like it. The last three I've made has been with a co worker, works out great for everybody.

Archived