Cruise Personalizer - CC info

emeltee

Am I required to input a CC# in the cruise personalizer? Is this for all shipboard purchases? Would I be able to change the CC on file once I board? What if i don't enter one in?

As you can tell - I'm a complete newbie. Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

The credit card number you put into the personalizer is for all shipboard purchases. In addtion, if you buy shore excursions from Princess, they are included on the account. You can change the credit card on file once you've boarded, add cash to your account, use debit, etc.

The Personalizer will tell you if a credit card number is required. I don't think it is, but I always include mine, so I've never had an issue with my information. You will get a warning edit or your Passenger Immigration section won't show as complete.

Not entering a credit card number will cause a delay in your check in as I would think Princess would want to know how they are going to get payment from you at the end of the cruise.

Is there some specific reason you're hesitant?

The credit card number you put into the personalizer is for all shipboard purchases. In addtion, if you buy shore excursions from Princess, they are included on the account. You can change the credit card on file once you've boarded, add cash to your account, use debit, etc.

The Personalizer will tell you if a credit card number is required. I don't think it is, but I always include mine, so I've never had an issue with my information. You will get a warning edit or your Passenger Immigration section won't show as complete.

Not entering a credit card number will cause a delay in your check in as I would think Princess would want to know how they are going to get payment from you at the end of the cruise.

Is there some specific reason you're hesitant?

I always get a little nervous when I enter in CC information online. For all online purchases, my CC company allows me to make a temporary number so I never have to enter in my actual CC#.

I know Princess is a very large corporation, so my worries are minimal, but I'm just a worrying sort of person!

Do you know if I have to enter in CC numbers for my underaged children as well? It would be the same number for all in my cabin.

Do you know if I have to enter in CC numbers for my underaged children as well? It would be the same number for all in my cabin.

In the Cruise Personalizer you have the option to include everyone in your cabin to use the same credit card.

I of course could be wrong, but as I understand it, without a number in the CC spot you would not be able to print out your boarding pass & luggage tags. Having said that, I don't know if the number has to be legit, but it has to be in the correct format, i.e. the same beginning numbers that denote Visa or Master Card etc. You could enter your own CC number and change the last 4 digits. Then when you check in, you can give them your correct info.

I have never worried about showing my CC information on Princess or RCCL. Once you board if you decide to change the CC, just go up the desk and let them know you wish to use a differant one and they will switch it out for you, no problem. We did that on one cruise.

A little piece of mind:

When you go to the Princess website you will see the site address, URL, starts with http://

When you log on and go into "My Princess" you will see that the URL changes to https://

This means that the site has SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption., which means it's a secure safe site to enter your credit card info.

A little piece of mind:

When you go to the Princess website you will see the site address, URL, starts with http://

When you log on and go into "My Princess" you will see that the URL changes to https://

This means that the site has SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption., which means it's a secure safe site to enter your credit card info.

Right. It's safe and secure to enter your CC #. It is not shared with the entire Princess organization; it's only for check-in and your onboard folio. You cannot print luggage tags or your boarding pass without the CC#. If you don't have these documents, it'll take you a lot longer to check in, and you'll hold up the people behind you.

Am I required to input a CC# in the cruise personalizer? Is this for all shipboard purchases? Would I be able to change the CC on file once I board? What if i don't enter one in?

As you can tell - I'm a complete newbie. Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

Yes you have to enter one.

If you don't your registration will be incomplete and you will not be able to print your travel documents.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will enter my cc# and not worry about it!

Good plan.:p

If you prefer, you can change it at check in.

Much quicker than standing in the looong first day line at the front (aka "purser's") desk.

Is there an option on the personalizer to "turn off" charging for minors? As others have said, I can't print boarding passes without entering this info, but would rather not have charging enabled for my 11 & 13 year old. Too easy for them to "accidentally" run up a huge bill! :D

Thanks!!

Is there an option on the personalizer to "turn off" charging for minors? As others have said, I can't print boarding passes without entering this info, but would rather not have charging enabled for my 11 & 13 year old. Too easy for them to "accidentally" run up a huge bill! :D
After boarding, go to the Passenger Services Desk and request new cruise cards for them that are just room keys. I believe you can also set a limit to what they can charge to the card instead so they can order a soda or whatever.

Thanks!!

I think you can do that when you register the card online. When I've done it in the past, I've been asked who is authorized to charge to the card and have had to click on my wife's name.

Edit: Just checked the cruise personalizer, and under "shipboard account" there's a section for the electronic signature authorization where it will list the persons in the cabin and you can select who can make purchases on your card.

Archived