All Dawn Mini Suites Covered Balconies?

HKM

Are all the mini suite balconies covered? The Princess site says some balconies have metal rails and some don't. Is any particular deck better for minis on the Dawn, especially on an Alaska cruise?

And they are far and away the most impressive mini-suites in Princess' fleet.

Dawn Princess Mini Suite

They most certainly are impressive. I remember looking at one on the sea princess on turnaround day. Two separate rooms with a nice bathroom and double balcony. As stated only down side is the balcony is cut out of the hull.

The new minis are not nearly as good with only one long room.

The mini suite photos show the layout very well. Are there sliding doors behind the curtains in both the lounge area and the bedroom area?

Helen

Sorry if I posted this before (can't quite remember if I did or not!!)

The mini suite photos show the layout very well. Are there sliding doors behind the curtains in both the lounge area and the bedroom area?

Helen

Sorry if I posted this before (can't quite remember if I did or not!!)

If memory serves, both are full sliders. The midship minis are wonderful, two full rooms and an incredible walk through closet/vanity area. Bathroom to die for. The balcony is very narrow and direct sunlight comes mainly in the early morning and last afternoon.

First of all, thank you all so much for your great responses. Thank you, especially, for the great pictures. With great embarrassment, I have to admit I asked my question about the wrong ship. My friend asked me this question and I said I didn't know the answer, but knew where to find out and posted it here. However, when I saw your answers, I realized immediately that she couldn't be going to Alaska on the Dawn! I asked her to check her ship again and, of course, it was the Coral, not the Dawn. I do appreciate your information and hope we'll get to make use of it when we (hopefully) return down under one day!

First of all, thank you all so much for your great responses. Thank you, especially, for the great pictures. With great embarrassment, I have to admit I asked my question about the wrong ship. My friend asked me this question and I said I didn't know the answer, but knew where to find out and posted it here. However, when I saw your answers, I realized immediately that she couldn't be going to Alaska on the Dawn! I asked her to check her ship again and, of course, it was the Coral, not the Dawn. I do appreciate your information and hope we'll get to make use of it when we (hopefully) return down under one day!

Then check this site....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Unfortunately that site is for the Coral and Island, not the Dawn, Sea or Sun.

OP realized they are on the Coral, not the Dawn. That's the right site, now...

OP's mistake was to my benefit though. We're on the Dawn in a Baja mini-suite this coming October. Can't wait!

Archived