Anyone use FCV on Friends and Family-Past Guest rate?

missdebi

I recently booked the Fantasy under the Friends and Family past guest rate~has anybody else submitted and received credit under this rate plan with their FCV? I could not get the form to submit so I emailed the info to Carnival just wondering if anyone else had done it.

We did.

It was a struggle to try to submit online. There was not acknowledgement, and we didn't know whether the submission was submitted or not. After more than a week, we did get email confirming that we got it. But for 1 of the 2 cabins, they did the OBC wrong, and we had to ask them to correct. This is where Carnival really needs to improve.

The best way to use the form and get it to submit is to use Internet Explorer in compatibility mode.

Don~I tried using IE but I am not the sharpest tack when it comes to the computer~ I have a Mac and never could get it to go so I used my Toshiba that I keep for Windows applications and it will usually let me submit it but this time I could not get it to go so I just emailed the info to CS at Carnival. But my main question is if they will honor a FCV on the Friends and Family Past guest rate.

Were also booked on F&F rate for next cruise. We just got a price drop. We called our PVP and he made the change right away and got the amount back to our CC. When we did Early Saver for our Easter cruise we did the online fourm, Thats easy and took 1-6 days on avg.

I recently booked the Fantasy under the Friends and Family past guest rate~has anybody else submitted and received credit under this rate plan with their FCV? I could not get the form to submit so I emailed the info to Carnival just wondering if anyone else had done it.
We did..
my main question is if they will honor a FCV on the Friends and Family Past guest rate.

Yes, we did it.

I had OBC from a future cruise certificate on our European cruise, and when I called Carnival about getting the Friends and Family Past Guest price drop, it could not be done by the regular agents. I called early enough that I only had to wait about 10-15 minutes on hold, and the agent told me that it was going to be a busy day, so he took all of my information and sent it on and said we'd just get an email back. Worked out swell, but agents just couldn't do it on their own (putting in two codes, one for the sale and one for the OBC).

We used the FCV on a booking made before the F&F sale. When the sale was introduced and the TA called Carnival to adjust the price, the OBC was lost. I got some nonsense that the OBC from the original booking was not eligible with the F&F rate.

It bothered me for a few weeks, until I called Carnival to vent. They said it was incorrect and recredited it.

So, yes, they can be used together.

Archived