How far out can you book dining reservations?

Tralfie

I know that when I go on the Breakaway next March -- my very first cruise! -- I'm going to want to eat in at least one or two of the specialty restaurants. How close to sailing do you have to wait until you can book restaurants? Right now, I'm not given the option on the MY NCL page... only shore excursions.

Thanks, as always!

Richard/Tralfie

You will have no problem booking just about any restaurant once on board. No need to stress about booking early.

Best news ever. You're my new best friend... text me every 5 minutes! :)

Richard/tralfie

Best news ever. You're my new best friend... text me every 5 minutes! :)

Richard/tralfie

Don't make me a best friend.....but you can just about always reserve in the morning for any specialty restaurant you want to eat at that evening....and frequently just walk up without reservations. There's a restaurant reservations desk in the lobby area somewhere (I'm not specifically familiar with the Breakaway) where they also have all the menus available to see. Don't lock yourself into a schedule by booking restaurants too soon.

45 days out or 55 days out if you are in a suite (you must call if doing 55 days). That said, only 1/3 of all the available time slots are made available for prebooking. If you prebook, you must pay for the dining reservation at the time of booking with a credit card. If you have any onboard credit coming to you, it would be best to wait until you get to the ship and make the reservation.

• 3 weeks later...
45 days out or 55 days out if you are in a suite (you must call if doing 55 days). That said, only 1/3 of all the available time slots are made available for prebooking. If you prebook, you must pay for the dining reservation at the time of booking with a credit card. If you have any onboard credit coming to you, it would be best to wait until you get to the ship and make the reservation.

is it 45 days before your sailing date or 45 days before the actual night you need a res for?

:confused:

If you have your heart set on Teppanyaki be sure to book it when your reservation window opens. The reservations go quickly. Also, if you're interested in Ocean Blue I would book that too, it's a smaller restaurant.

You'll want to book all the shows 45 days out otherwise you will risk not being able to see them. The theater is small on the Breakaway.

I know that when I go on the Breakaway next March -- my very first cruise! -- I'm going to want to eat in at least one or two of the specialty restaurants. How close to sailing do you have to wait until you can book restaurants? Right now, I'm not given the option on the MY NCL page... only shore excursions.

Thanks, as always!

Richard/Tralfie

Agree with the earlier posters - no need to stress over this.. just get on board and make reservations as you go... be flexible.. booking dinner far in advance ties you down and takes a lot of the freestyle out of freestyle :) Besides, you never know how each day is going to be and what sort of mood you might be in, so IMO, best to roll with it onboard.

Can you make reservations for main dining rooms in advance also? We are A large group so just curious..thanks!

MDR reservations are taken for parties of 8 or more. Make those reservations onboard :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have read here that those in the Haven may book entertainment and dining at 55 days out. I was under the impression that this could be done via the NCL website. At 54 days there was still no option to do so. I called the concierge desk and they explained that the day 55 reservations are only bookable by phone. They were very nice and provided the days and times for BMG, Legends, and Cirque and I booked over the phone and received an immediate email confirmation.

Is this other's experience and if so I wanted those like me who did not know this to be aware.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...