Connie vs Reflection

DCguys

We've only sailed S-class in the past (Eclipse and Solstice), but I'm now comparing summer options, one on Connie and one on Reflection. Both itineraries interest me so the ship does hold weight in my decision. Does anyone have opinions/thoughts on one vs. the other?

We have sailed on Reflection for 6 cruises already. We cancelled our future Reflection cruises in the Mediterranean for 2013 and have chosen the itinerary offered by Constellation. Constellation, though older and not as visually stunning, is our favourite Celebrity ship.

By the way we are booked for 5 consecutive cruises on Connie starting in October.

We've only sailed S-class in the past (Eclipse and Solstice), but I'm now comparing summer options, one on Connie and one on Reflection. Both itineraries interest me so the ship does hold weight in my decision. Does anyone have opinions/thoughts on one vs. the other?

We cruised on Solstice and loved it - a gorgeous ship, but definitely a behemoth. Even so, we're looking forward to the Constellation this summer. We really do prefer the slightly smaller ships. It just seems less .... obnoxious?

We have sailed on Reflection for 6 cruises already. We cancelled our future Reflection cruises in the Mediterranean for 2013 and have chosen the itinerary offered by Constellation. Constellation, though older and not as visually stunning, is our favourite Celebrity ship.

By the way we are booked for 5 consecutive cruises on Connie starting in October.

Can you tell me what you didn't love on Reflection? Have you been on other S class ships and feel that Reflection is better or worse?

I wonder if the Connie's current dry dock will up the wow factor.

Can you tell me what you didn't love on Reflection? Have you been on other S class ships and feel that Reflection is better or worse?

I wonder if the Connie's current dry dock will up the wow factor.

Reflection is our least favourite Celebrity ship.

I don't like life centered around the atrium.

Reflection seldom offers dancing on a real dance floor up in the Sky lounge. Various activities are held in the same area and noise travels up to the other lounges including the library, and games room. The art auctions are held in the Sky Lounge.

We have sailed extensively on Solstice and Eclipse as well.

We love the Rendezvous lounge and isolated library on M-class. We love three banks of elevators, front- mid and aft. S- class only has front and central locations. On M-class we can handle walking up the stairs... S-class is just too challenging. We like the location of the grill for lunchtime... For us M-class are more practical but S-class ships are more visually stunning.

I am sure you will find others that like the new builds but we prefer the comfort of M-class.

We've only taken 1 cruise on Celebrity, Reflection last month. Awesome ship. Booked another "S Class" ship next March, Silhouette, 7 day. Now I'm hearing and have talked to many "Elite" members about how they love the "M Class" ships, especially Connie. Looking at the same time frame next year a back to back 5 /4 day on Connie Oceanview for less than the C-1 on Silhouette. Connie will be almost a year out of drydock so I'm considering changing to Connie. Probably switching but just wanted some more input from the troops. :)

M Class just feels roomy.

we have wine nightly before dinner, and there are many areas to have a glass. Places to dance, Places to relax. Simply never feels crowded. When the M Class ships first came out I thought they would be too big. Now I think they are a good size.

But, If new is more important to you I'd go with the Reflection.:) Some people just like new, and the Connie will have some wear.

Sounds like someone is chasing after the roses or just wants to keep them. :D

On our last cruise in March on the Constellation there was a lady that had over 90 cruise points and had the rest of the cruises booked until it went into dry dock.

Hopefully the Constellation will still be to your liking after the solstilization.

We've only taken 1 cruise on Celebrity, Reflection last month. Awesome ship. Booked another "S Class" ship next March, Silhouette, 7 day.

Don't mess with awesome. If you loved Reflection you will love the Silhouette and other S-class as well.

The shorter cruises have a slightly different "atmosphere" than other cruises. We sailed back to back on a number of short cruises on Millennium last year. We enjoy all our Celebrity cruises but the experience on short cruises is not quite the same. We actually were booked for next year until one of our sailing dates got cancelled by a charter.

I think it depends a bit on the cabin category you choose, as well. In general we also love the more relaxing and quiet atmosphere of the M-class ships, and "Constellation" is our favourite ship in that class, too.

But if we are able to book an AQ cabin we prefer the S-class ships because of the much better amenities ( Persian Garden etc.), the nicer bathrooms and the stunning views out of the windows in Blu. Furthermore, Elite breakfasts are held in Tuscan Grille, another plus for us - enjoy some more fruit and a Capuccino and watch the ocean out of the huge windows.

Two or three things we didn't like about "Reflection", either: the smaller Sky lounge, the noise from the Atrium which we even heard in our cabin midships on deck 8 and which lessened our pleasure in the wonderful "Hideaway", too.

Hi,

Our first Celebrity cruise was on the M Class (Summit), and we loved it. Then we did a couple cruises on the S Class (Eclipse and Equinox) and loved them more. Most recently we did a cruise on the Millennium, and though it was wonderful...I came to realize that I enjoyed the S Class more...hard to put my finger on exactly all the reasons, but here are a few:

*Love the Molecular Bar, and missed it on M Class

*Love the CMOG Glass shows, but that isn't available on the Reflection

*Love the larger size of the S Class, as I spend considerable time wandering the ship front to back, up-down, and everywhere in between

*Find the Buffet layout of the S Class easier to enjoy/maneuver around

*Like the "newer" feel and look of the S Class

*And, unlike others, I enjoy the Atrium activities, and watching the "goings-on" from the different levels

*Love stargazing on the lawn when I get up at 3-4am, not another soul in sight !!

The things I miss most from the M Class are the T Pool, and the HUGE balconies of the aft/stern cabins (we almost always book aft/stern cabins).

If I had to chose one over the other...itinerary would be the deciding factor, but if both had itins. I was looking for...I'd choose S Class.

Enjoy...whichever you decide on.

Woody

We were making that decision for 2015- either B2B2B on Constellation or B2B on Reflection. We picked Reflection because we like the wider choice of venues onboard. We enjoy all the specialty restaurants and the Molecular Bar and would miss them on an M class ship.

Whenever we have the opportunity, we prefer an S class ship over M class, and Silhouette or Reflection over the others since we like the Lawn Club Grill.

Archived