I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!! Jewel 2014, Which Intineary???

Here's My Diliema, The Jewel Has Two Sailings. I'm Interested In, The First (Oct. My Birthday Cruise) St. Thomas, St. Kitts. Aruba, Curacauo.

I've Been To All The Ports, Except St.Kitts, And This Sailing Has Two Sea Days, Which I Love...:)

The Second: Sailing Nov. 01, And Going To St.Thomas, St.Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada, Only Has One Sea Day:(

Grenada, And St. Croix Will Be New For Me, As Well As The Jewel. I Never Sailed HER Before!!!

I Love Both Intineary's, Which Shall I Choose??, Or Better Yet, Which One Would YOU Choose???

Edited by Big Jay

St Lucia is my favorite island so that would be my choice. I'm good with only one sea day. The other route also sounds great. I haven't been to Aruba so that would peak my interest. I doubt you can go wrong with either route. We really prefer islands on the various Southern routes.

I did the second cruise last March. Honestly I was not impressed with Grenada or St. Lucia.

I felt unsafe in the port area of Grenada (I live in an urban area and have traveled to big cities so that was not the issue) coupled with the constant whining about a hurricane that hit 10 years ago and how they still need money to rebuild just blew it for me. I was on vacation and wanted to have fun and enjoy myself but it was too much of a downer.

St. Lucia was ok but not spectacular like I was expecting. Though if you go definitely try the banana ketchup.

I'd pick the 1st itinerary.

I'm not a big sea day fan, but if you are go with that. We loved Antigua and St. Croix, haven't been to Aruba yet.

To Be Honest, I Could Do Without Aruba, Been There Twice!!!

How Is St.Croix?? Is It A Mountaious Country?? What About Grenada??

Why would you want to go back and see places you've already been when there's a whole bunch of places you haven't been to yet?

I am going on basically that second itinerary because we went on the first one already.:D

Well The First Cruise With The St. Kitts, Aruba Intineary, Sails On The Week Of MY Birthday!!! The First Week Of October!!!

The Second One With The Antigua, St, Thomas, St. Lucia... Sails Nov 01, 2014, I've Been To All The Islands With The Exception Of St.Kitts, (Oct 2014, Birthday Cruise), And St. Croix, Grenada, ( The November 01, 2014 Cruise Sailing)!!!

Here's My Diliema, The Jewel Has Two Sailings. I'm Interested In, The First (Oct. My Birthday Cruise) St. Thomas, St. Kitts. Aruba, Curacauo.

I've Been To All The Ports, Except St.Kitts, And This Sailing Has Two Sea Days, Which I Love...:)

The Second: Sailing Nov. 01, And Going To St.Thomas, St.Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada, Only Has One Sea Day:(

Grenada, And St. Croix Will Be New For Me, As Well As The Jewel. I Never Sailed HER Before!!!

I Love Both Intineary's, Which Shall I Choose??, Or Better Yet, Which One Would YOU Choose???

I did choose, and I chose for the opposite reason as you, I chose the 1 sea day. Most of the islands on either will be new to me. The rates drop May 1st, so that was a factor, we like to cruise around our anniversary.

The Jewel and Serenade are two of my fav ships --- you'll have a great cruise onboard her.

Never been to Aruba or Curacao. Have been to all the others, some 3 or 4 times and always find something interesting to do/see. The 2 times I went to St. Lucia I loved it. I'm single and both times I've been to Grenada I did a shore excursions that allowed plenty of time to explore on my own - had no problem either time walking about. St. Croix, did the shore ex to the rum factory and other stops - which included some food with the banana ketchup -- liked it so much I bought a bottle:D:o.

I love itineraries with Sea Days, but when it comes to the Southern Caribbean itinerary for the cost I normally chose the one that's more port intensive. Never know when you'll get back there.:)

Hard to chose -- have fun deciding.

Well, I booked the first itinerary - so that is clearly my choice. ;) I wanted the second sea day - it is a vacation, I want some time to relax!

I have never been to any of the islands, so I am excited and happy to see any of them. My first cruise was on the Brialliance and I am excited to get back on a Radiance class ship.

The Jewel and Serenade are two of my fav ships --- you'll have a great cruise onboard her.

Never been to Aruba or Curacao. Have been to all the others, some 3 or 4 times and always find something interesting to do/see. The 2 times I went to St. Lucia I loved it. I'm single and both times I've been to Grenada I did a shore excursions that allowed plenty of time to explore on my own - had no problem either time walking about. St. Croix, did the shore ex to the rum factory and other stops - which included some food with the banana ketchup -- liked it so much I bought a bottle:D:o.

I love itineraries with Sea Days, but when it comes to the Southern Caribbean itinerary for the cost I normally chose the one that's more port intensive. Never know when you'll get back there.:)

Hard to chose -- have fun deciding.

So Very True...... Thanks For Posting!!!!! Edited by Big Jay

I am sailing AOS in feb on your 1st itinerary.....

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not swayed by one set of islands over the other, the decision comes down to sea days versus port days. Do you want two sea days and four ports or one sea day and five ports. I like to maximize the ports of call, but some people prefer sea days. Keep in mind that there aren't all the bells and whistles on Jewel that you find on the mega ships. Sea days will, of course, include the usual activities (belly flop contest, crew versus passenger water volleyball, etc.), but there won't be as many options for individual activities as you find on Freedom or Oasis class ships. No ice rink. No FlowRider. No zip-lines. You will have shuffleboard, mini-golf, the rock-climbing wall and the pools.

You'll likely never find me on an Oasis class ship because the ports of call are so limited. Those onboard extras aren't a big deal to me. I'd rather be exploring a port of call. But that's a personal decision and may not jive with your preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked Jewel for May of 2014.

We chose the more port intensive itinerary (your #2) except our stops are a little different then your choices... instead of St. Thomas and Grenada we have St. Maarten and Barbados. Again, only one sea day at the end.

We did the first route you are considering last year -- loved, loved it. St. Kitts was one of my favorite islands.

Enjoy!

Ann

• 9 months later...

We haven't been on Royal Caribbean but have been to the ports. After a time, a lot of them start to run together :-)

I personally enjoyed Grenada over St. Croix - probably due to the excursion. I am a history buff and we had a couple of really interesting tour guides on our trip around the island which included lunch at a nice restaurant. The guides were natives to the island and lived through the turmoil. We sat with them at lunch and the eagerly shared their experiences (along with political views.) I am a bit of a foodie and love to cook. Grenada is the true spice island and it was good to see where a lot of the spices I use come from.

Since I've been to St. Thomas several times, if I were making a choice, I would choose the second sailing and stay on the ship in St. Thomas to enjoy it while most of the other passengers are off. It's a good time to use the pool, not have to fight over deck chairs, and take advantage of in-port spa discounts should you choose.

Either one would be a great cruise and you'll have a good time for sure.

• 10 months later...