Has any RCCL fan cruised MSC?

Hello,

I am partial to RCCL and the Jewel is my all time favorite. Dad is booking the MSC Divina for next March, Miami, ST. Thomas, San Jaun and private beach Bahamas for a extended family cruise.

Prior to this I never heard of them and looking at web site it looks like they are more Europe and Med oriented and possibly trying to establish more U.S. based market share.

Has any RCCL devotee sailed MSC and if so are there any major differences between the two?

Looking at the web I personally don't think I would book them but am willing to try new things.

In the end a cruise is a cruise and it is what you make of it but just wondering.

We are Diamond plus on rccl,did a cruise on the Fantasia,in Europe last March, it was wonderful.Ship was spotless, service was great, the food was very different.They manage crowds very different. Keep an open mind and you will have a wonderful cruise, We have booked for March also!

Keep an open mind and you will have a wonderful cruise, !

That is what I am curious about! The MSC cruise critic forum is not too active so hard to get a read on it.

It seems like it will be more of a "European" experience. Which, just for fun I will stereotype, but see alot of smoking, discos, 4 hours dinners at 9pm, loud decor, black dresses/athletic cut suits with pointy toe oxfords and lots of drama. Plus a showboating Captain! (like I said just for fun).

If nothing else, I am excited to go just to see what they have to offer.

We sailed the MSC orchestra inaugural cruise from Italy to US.

It was a European cruise and then TA and then Caribbean 21 day.

Not so Americanised yet and with mostly Europeans.

We loved the experience and ship was beautiful and almost new.

Food was excellent but realise it was geared toward Europeans.

I am sure it is very Americanised now!!!

And it has been 3to 4 years.

We would sail her again!!! It is about size of

Freedom or voyager RcL class ships.

Go ahead and explore it but if you want the experience

I would do an European one. !!!!!

Not one that has been Americanised.

That is what I am curious about! The MSC cruise critic forum is not too active so hard to get a read on it.

It seems like it will be more of a "European" experience. Which, just for fun I will stereotype, but see alot of smoking, discos, 4 hours dinners at 9pm, loud decor, black dresses/athletic cut suits with pointy toe oxfords and lots of drama. Plus a showboating Captain! (like I said just for fun).

If nothing else, I am excited to go just to see what they have to offer.

Don't forget the speedos!:eek:

Don't forget the speedos!:eek:

Saw more "speedos" on the Voyager, Mariner and Navigator;)

Guests also dress better than their American counterparts.

Loved the MSC Orchestra, food, service and entertainment.

Would gladly sail MSC again, anywhere.

Smoking is in limited areas, dinners were fabulous, decor elegantly understated,

extremely well dressed guests and soft spoken, professional Captain and great crew. Entertainment was top notch.

The only "Drama" we have ever witnessed has been between "ugly" American know-it-alls.

I thought the same thing about the smoking as well, but when I researched it, I found MSC ships sailing in the Caribbean to have a more restrictive smoking policy than RCCL. I would have never have guessed that on a European line.

Hello,

I am partial to RCCL and the Jewel is my all time favorite. Dad is booking the MSC Divina for next March, Miami, ST. Thomas, San Jaun and private beach Bahamas for a extended family cruise.

We seriously considered trying the Divina next March as well. I had it all planned out and was ready to book until I found out that we had some other family members who were going to try cruising for the first time and wanted to sail with us next March. Wanting to ensure that they have a great first experience so that may be they will go with us again, I switched plans and we booked with RCCL for next March on the Independence. I just thought a known and trusted experience would be a better choice for this particular trip. That does not mean that I have ruled out MSC for the next year. Their ships look beautiful and their "kids sail free" offer looks great when you have 4 kids as well.

Hello,

Prior to this I never heard of them and looking at web site it looks like they are more Europe and Med oriented and possibly trying to establish more U.S. based market share.

Has any RCCL devotee sailed MSC and if so are there any major differences between the two?

Looking at the web I personally don't think I would book them but am willing to try new things.

In the end a cruise is a cruise and it is what you make of it but just wondering.

I was just on MSC in November and I LOVED it!!! It doesn't have Ice Skating Rinks or Rock Climbing Walls or Zip Lines... (you get the picture), but it was FABULOUS!! :D

Their ships look beautiful and their "kids sail free" offer looks great when you have 4 kids as well.

Hmmm, Dad lives in FLA (of course) in a condo complex (think Bel Boca Vista from Seinfeld, lol) and in addition to the family, it is open to the other residents of the complex (aka Seniors).

Is the kids sail free on U.S. sailings as well? The cruise is March 15. Is that too close to winter/spring break for Seniors to come back with a good experience?

Cruised on the MSC Poesia in Jan. 2010 to Eastern Caribbean. Ship beautiful, food not great (definitely inferior to RCL) but acceptable, entertainment ok, good service at dining room and stateroom, staff correct but no service with a smile, port times quite short. One thing that I never forgot was the complete lack of a single flower anywhere - not on dining tables, lounges, any public areas. We enjoyed the cruise but it could have been so much better. I hope MSC has improved. For the right price, we might try them again.

Archived