Century Dry-Dock..Straight from the "horse's mouth"! :)

LuAnn

Today the Celebrity web site shows the following open for booking on the Century:

A 15-Night eastbound cruise on Jan 20 2014, then nothing until a 15-Night "Panama Canal" westbound cruise on March 6th, followed by 7-night "Pacific Coast" cruises starting March 21st. Of course, that could change with delays in the drydock period.

Your last sentance is ''spot on'' !!! In the official press release confirming the drydock session ( finally....at long last....) there was indeed a ''hint'' of one or two coastals following the drydock....or perhaps none if there are delays in the shipyard . The drydock booked time is 5th Feb to 5th March. The full Panama transit is simply to reposition her on the WestCoast where all of her spring /summer voyages take place. This is

not a sailing I'd want to be on as you can rest assured it will be a floating construction zone right until California....to finish off the work and test things out.

Tks

C

I am interested in one of the April 2014 Pacific coast cruises. I know the Celebrity announcement mentioned new cabins, and there has been speculation that Aqua class cabins would be added where the Crystal Room now sits, but that doesn't make much sense.

First, the Crystal Room is about as far from the Spa as possible. Secondly, Celebrity has not issued an updated deck plan, and there don't seem to be any new cabins or cabin categories on the post-drydock sailings. They certainly aren't selling Aqua class cabins or new suites.

We'll have to wait and see.

We are booked on the Century; San Diego, Dec 21st, 2013 to Ft Lauderdale, Jan 5th, 2014. If a January dry-dock is to take place, I would think it would be at the conclusion of our Panama Canal cruise and it would take place in Freeport, Bahamas. So a month long dry-dock would be Jan 6th -- Feb 4th, which would fit the beginning of the Ft Lauderdale to LA Panama Canal cruise.

By the way, we are also scheduled to cruise the Century April, 2014 (California Coastal cruise), so we may get a pre and post dry-dock experience.

What do others' think?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I am seriously considering a pacific coast cruise either April or Sept next year. I have never cruised on Celebrity. I'm actually platinum with Carnival and have sailed NCL twice and just got off the RCI Allure earlier this month which is a humungo ship. I'm researching Century because it is much smaller ship and old too. Refurb would be good. I've cruised on comparable size ships on CCL before and had a good time. I really like the itinerary offered for the 7 day round trip from LA.

It would be very sad lose the Crystal Room as its one of the most elegant public spaces afloat! There events held there that cannot be accommodated in other spaces, so not sure they would eliminate it. At least I hope not!

This concerns me as you can see by my screen name, I'm a karaoke singer. If they removed a karaoke lounge and have no other venue for it, then does that mean they won't offer karaoke anymore? That might almost be a deal breaker for me as I like to sing at least 1 night a week.

100 state rooms? I can't see how that is possible but.... Sad to see that wonderful room go but they do not use it much so I can see why. I do hope they do not add too many rooms or there will be too many extra passengers for some areas of the ship. Looking forward to the news of what they are doing. We want to go on here 9/14 SF to Sydney but will wait for more news. We will be on here Dec. 6th before the changes. I plan to enjoy the Crystal room one last time.

We are booked for the SF to Sydney for '14!! Hope you decide to join us? LuAnn

• 4 weeks later...

Archived