Someone Screwed Up

keeponcruising

After reading the posts and viewing the pictures we decided to book a mini-suite with a large balcony for a relatively minimal $ increase. What a difference. Instead of a 32 sq ft balcony we got 117 sq ft. At least we can have all of our bodies on the balcony at the same time. We're not going until 10/20 but we will be sure to post our impressions when we get back.

.... we decided to book a mini-suite with a large balcony .... Instead of a 32 sq ft balcony we got 117 sq ft.....

Sounds like you did your research on cabins. Great job. Isn't research rewarding. :)

Just to verify though, and inform others, the only mini's with that kind of balcony space is an M6.

I hope this is the category you booked, because if not, you will have less than 117 sqft on your balcony. Also of note is these balconies are 2/3 exposed to weather/cabins above.

There is also one anomaly with these M6 cabins. 8736 balcony is not as large as the others and is angled. It also doesn't offer the same opportuntity for direct view down to sea as others.

Have you seen this? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

HTH

I was looking at pics of the MSC Preziosa and the balconies on that ship look to be small too. About the same size as the balconies on Breakaway. Even the Yacht Club Suite balconies looked small. Maybe it is a new trend these small balconies.

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone knows if the bathroom for the HC Aft mini suite on Breakaway will be the same for Getaway. From what I can see from a YouTube post, the Breakaway HC mini on Deck 10 has no couch and the bath looks like it only has 1 small sink with the toilet and shower separated with a shower curtain. This was the only aft mini left on the 5/2014 sailing so we took it. Not sure about the missing couch and bath the way it is so we may be changing our cabin for the that sailing. We did get an email advising that if a HC person needs it, we will have to change anyway but I wonder where they would put us if it gets closer to our trip.....maybe an owners suite perhaps.....wishful thinking for sure but a woman can dream for free.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, color me totally apologetic. I was really unhappy when I posted my original comments about the cabin, balcony, etc. I read all the responses and I am embarrassed that I came across as a total B*tch. I would never mistreat my butler or any other staff member on any cruise. I accept all your reprimands. But, I especially appreciate the comments by David_Sobe. He knew I needed a pep talk and that I should not let my disappointments color my cruise.

As it turns out the cruise was really amazing. Since I had very low expectations of the room, I was completely pleased and surprised as to how beautiful and large it really was. Yup, the balcony is teeny tiny, but we spent most of our sunning time on the Haven deck.

Our butler was not mistreated and we tipped him handsomely for his service for the week.

Will we cruise NCL again, Yes.

• 1 year later...
So after 2+ years of the Breakaway being in service, how do people feel about the balconies compared to other ships??

Can you even sit comfortably out there??

Luved my B1 on deck 9! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk