Someone Screwed Up

keeponcruising

Where did anyone see info about the Getaway balconies being different? I, for one, doubt it. It was being built to the same design long before Breakaway floated out. I suspect the balconies are exactly the same.

Where did anyone see info about the Getaway balconies being different? I, for one, doubt it. It was being built to the same design long before Breakaway floated out. I suspect the balconies are exactly the same.

I read it somewhere actually but for the life of me, I can't find the link now. I'll have to do more research. I would not rule it out and I would not just assume that they will be carbon copies of each other too.

I read it somewhere actually but for the life of me, I can't find the link now. I'll have to do more research. I would not rule it out and I would not just assume that they will be carbon copies of each other too.

I'd like to read it if you come across it again :)

I'm wondering if the balcony size is in relation to the itinerary itself though with this ship. It makes sense to me to 'shrink' a balcony for a ship sailing out of NYC that will sail to Bermuda, afterall you are docked for many days once there. Or to Bahamas in the winter ... I know I wouldn't be spending anytime out there in January until we at least made it to Florida.

That is perhaps the most logical explanation I've heard. Never thought about it that way. Only problem is that explanation doesn't hold water (sorry - no pun intended) if the Getaway has the same size balconies . . .

I'm kind of late in the topic here, sorry - does anyone know if some of the partitions are available to be opened upon request, if you have adjoining cabins with family or friends?

I had read in other posts that they are able to open them, but that it must happen while in port - they won't do it while underway, likely because of the wind. I hope this is the case - we'll have two side by-side cabins.

I almost cried when I saw the balcony. I am booked in 10106, and there is a video of the cabin on Youtube. I felt like cancelled. Seven grand for the smallest balcony ever. I rechecked the description yesterday and it said large wraparound balcony. Today is just says "balcony." So, so disappointed.

I had read in other posts that they are able to open them, but that it must happen while in port - they won't do it while underway, likely because of the wind. I hope this is the case - we'll have two side by-side cabins.
Thanks! Yes, I hope so too. We typically do one family cruise a year and always try to get cabins on ships where the balcony partitions can be opened for the cruise. The one large shared balcony sort of becomes the family room while at sea.

I almost cried when I saw the balcony. I am booked in 10106, and there is a video of the cabin on Youtube. I felt like cancelled. Seven grand for the smallest balcony ever. I rechecked the description yesterday and it said large wraparound balcony. Today is just says "balcony." So, so disappointed.
Understandably so!

I rechecked the description yesterday and it said large wraparound balcony. Today is just says "balcony." So, so disappointed.

That's a good reason to cancel in and of itself, or at least cancel and rebook a cheaper room, if you're not within the "penalty" period yet! You'd be justified in feeling that NCL misled you.

I also doubt it Mike. The Getaway is a sister ship of Breakaway. The plans are set in stone and the builders build from there. The Getaway has been under construction for some time now. Sister ships will only have cosmetic differences. I highly doubt cabins or balconies will be larger than Breakaway.

I also disagree with the title of this thread "somebody screwed up"

Edited by david_sobe

If you look on the sqft of the Breakaway cabins vs Getaway cabins the sqft is different by 10sqft on average. Now is this a typo? I don't know. Wonder where the extra sq footage is going.

For example,

Mid-ship Balcony on Breakaway=204sq ft

Mid-Ship Balcony on Getaway=226sqft

Source:

Getaway

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/GETAWAY/staterooms/2/balcony#tab_detail

Breakaway

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/2/balcony#tab_detail

If you look on the sqft of the Breakaway cabins vs Getaway cabins the sqft is different by 10sqft on average. Now is this a typo? I don't know. Wonder where the extra sq footage is going.

For example,

Source:

Getaway

Breakaway

Now, that is an interesting find.

I feel so bad for those who booked with the descriptions they were given that I hope if this is a deal breaker for you, you have time to back out.

I wouldn't mind going on the Breakaway, but I would want an AFT balcony or one of the larger ones on deck 9 forward. Now that the word is out, I say good luck to everyone trying to book a larger balcony.

And I did hear somewhere, that they fixed the mistakes on the Breakaway and the balconies are bigger on the Getaway. But again, that doesn't make sense since they are sister ships.

One last thing, I love the EPIC curved rooms and bathrooms.

Regarding the links to the mid-ship balcony sizes, they say the same 207 sqft for me. I show no 204sqft. :confused:

What am I missing?

What I did notice is they are all the same including the mid-ship balcony except, large balcony. That category for me at least is listed as;

BA Large Balcony 245sqft

GA Large Balcony 226sqft

So that balcony on the BA is larger than the GA. I doubt it, but who knows. :confused: lol

Regarding the links to the mid-ship balcony sizes, they say the same 207 sqft for me. I show no 204sqft. :confused:

What am I missing?

What I did notice is they are all the same including the mid-ship balcony except, large balcony. That category for me at least is listed as;

BA Large Balcony 245sqft

GA Large Balcony 226sqft

So that balcony on the BA is larger than the GA. I doubt it, but who knows. :confused: lol

Hmm....i just checked again and you know what....some balconies are listed to be slightly bigger on the Breakaway. But i only noticed one or 2 like that. For the most part when you compare Getaway vs Breakaway the balconies and rooms are bigger(balcony rooms and up). I'm wondering is it a typo? Is the balcony actually bigger? Or is the room bigger?

It's interesting to see that the suites are BIGGER. Take a look at the links. So maybe it has to do with different venues and layout. I don't know but those balconies are sure coming in differently in size to the Breakaway.

This may just end up being another loooooong wait and see game.:rolleyes:

Edit: i'm noticing some of the sqft on the website is changing. Maybe they caught the glitch. I'm just happy i pulled the trigger and got the M6. I have a feeling those rooms are getting ready to go up in price.:eek:

I have an M9 minisuite booked on my 6/9 Breakaway sailing, and this thread prompted me to go to the NCL web site to recheck my cabin description. When I booked my cabin the bed description was king, checked again a few months later and the description was queen, and now it is back to king as are the M1, M2, M3, M4, and M6. Not sure what was listed previously, but as of today the bed descriptions for MA, MB, and MX are queen. Seems odd they would put different size beds in the minisuites, but then again these bed descriptions could be inaccurate like some things people are discovering. The bed size is not an issue for us, but some folks may have booked their cabin expecting or needing a king and may end up being disappointed if they find their bed is a queen.

I read somewhere that they are fixing them, lets hope so.

Gambee:

1) Love your threads!

2) Where did you read the Getaway is trying to fix the balconies ( We might cruise her 10/14) ?

3) Please write a review of your CCL Breeze cruise!!

Big Al

Gambee:

1) Love your threads!

2) Where did you read the Getaway is trying to fix the balconies ( We might cruise her 10/14) ?

3) Please write a review of your CCL Breeze cruise!!

Big Al

Thank you.

I am not entirely sure where I read it, but from the looks of it I don't think they are going to change them. A real shame considering that the ship sails year around from Miami and using the balcony is a favorite of mine in warm weather.

I am planning on reviewing the Breeze as well, but it will be slightly different as I sailing with a friend and not my mom. We will see how that goes, I been warned about Carnival by many, but honestly I think the Breeze will be a great cruise :).

We will see how that goes, I been warned about Carnival by many, but honestly I think the Breeze will be a great cruise :).

I think you'll have a great time onboard the Breeze. I've read many reviews of the ship and she seems well liked. Enjoy both of your upcoming cruises, btw. I'm looking forward to reading BOTH reviews:D

Edited by kerrytens

For example,

Source:

Getaway

Breakaway

I believe a typo. The recently changed the data online. My large balcony went from 204 to 245.

Deck 12 aft disabled cabin

Deck 12 Regular aft cabin (all mine :D)

8692275347_9eb63c85d5_b.jpg

Thank you freestyle for these pictures :)

Gambee. you just MADE MY NIGHT. I was starting to kinda worry... I'm booked in 12906, an aft-facing balcony, and fretted that if they were the same size as those other tiny ones, I might reconsider and ditch the balcony. Given that this is my very first cruise, I really, really wanted a balcony... but I also didn't want to be disappointed. LOL. But this deck 12 aft balcony looks awesome to me! Especially since I'll be going solo!

You rock!

Richard/Tralfie

We think we will do the sailing~use the butler to DEATH and just plan on never sailing on NCL again.

Torture the butler... who has absolutely nothing to do with your issues?

Way to stay classy!

Richard/Tralfie