Someone Screwed Up

keeponcruising

Yes, the forward cabins on deck 14 are all sold as B9s. Did a mock booking on NCL and on the first 14 cabins on each port and starboard are the Spa balconies B9. But clearly the first 5 on each side do not have a real balcony as seen on many of these external pictures from Marine Traffic:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?imo=9606912#top_photo

Click on a thumbnail photo and it will open in its own window. Then click on the photo again and it will enlarge the picture to show clearer detail.

If you look closely at the deck plans you will see that the b9s start further down from the bridge and that those pictured from the bridge wing with about a foot of bal. are captains and crew quarters

Edited by RNPJN

If you look closely at the deck plans you will see that the b9s start further down from the bridge and that those pictured from the bridge wing with about a foot of bal. are captains and crew quarters

Ah yes, the "what's in the mystery white spot" scenario. Forget about that.

13858-balkonkabine-0826.jpg

Mid-ship Balcony

Other than being a little narrower, this doesn't appear to be THAT much different than other mid-ship balconies we've had. I remember having to turn sideways to stretch my legs out on the Dawn too. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Balcony didn't seem smaller to me than any other balcony. The thought of it being small never crossed my mind all week. Now it was a bit cool to enjoy. Though I prefer to stand and look out over the railing.

Other than being a little narrower, this doesn't appear to be THAT much different than other mid-ship balconies we've had. I remember having to turn sideways to stretch my legs out on the Dawn too. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Actually, this picture doesn't nearly look as bad as some of the first photos did. Maybe it's the angle, but this seems fine to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibcnusoon

more balconies:701679_1_org_380_008_9484192_150ncl7-M.jpg

We are sailing a week from tomorrow in a "large balcony" and I would love to see of a picture of the B6 balcony. I know that there aren't many. Are they the second from the bottom in this picture?

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing I a have a B6 but am not sailing till September but am dying to see a pic of the balcony. I have been going nuts trying to find one lol. I would love to see a pic when u get back.

Update: On checking the NCL EU website, the skinny (no pun intended) on at least the mid-ship balconies:

-On the Dawn, the BA cabins are 203 sq ft, 37 sq ft of which is the balcony

-On the Breakaway, the BA cabins are 204 sq ft, 32 sq ft of which is the balcony.

Guess it's a tis for tat...

Thanks! I think it was worth $3.5 per person per day to get a little more space than my original deck 10 balcony (BD). I'll take pictures from inside if none have been posted when I sail next Sunday.

Sweet. We have a B6 and am curious how big that balcony is.

We are set to sail on June 9th Based on artist conceptions and descriptions on NCL website we selected Forward Penthouse (S7). Similar (we thought) to our suite on NCL Gem two years ago. Now the pics and videos are pouring in. The suite is a complete disappointment. The "spacious balcony" is only 4 by 8 ft. The lovely furniture in the living room isn't much more than a futon with no arms and a plastic desk chair. The artist's concept of a large single porthole window in the bedroom is actually really tiny and on a slant which will provide little daylight into the room. There is no porthole small or otherwise in the bathroom as depicted on the website. The "separate" dining area is just a small table (maybe 24" in diameter) which would be hard to serve dinner for two people.

We called NCL customer service to complain and found they are already getting lots of calls from passengers who are finding out what they are really going to get for their money. According to Troy, the supervisor in Customer Services, they have been given instructions from upper management that they cannot give any compensation. Apparently, they don't really care about loyal NCL repeat customers.

If we could, we would cancel our anniversary cruise and go with another cruise this year. But, we cannot afford to lose 25% of the fare even with insurance. Besides, they don't give you the money back, you only get cruise credit.

We think we will do the sailing~use the butler to DEATH and just plan on never sailing on NCL again. Too bad, they had been very wonderful which is why this will be our sixth, but last cruise with this line. We will also be sending complaint letters to the CEO and Executives of NCL. As Customers we need to make our voices heard.

We are set to sail on June 9th Based on artist conceptions and descriptions on NCL website we selected Forward Penthouse (S7). Similar (we thought) to our suite on NCL Gem two years ago. Now the pics and videos are pouring in. The suite is a complete disappointment. The "spacious balcony" is only 4 by 8 ft. The lovely furniture in the living room isn't much more than a futon with no arms and a plastic desk chair. The artist's concept of a large single porthole window in the bedroom is actually really tiny and on a slant which will provide little daylight into the room. There is no porthole small or otherwise in the bathroom as depicted on the website. The "separate" dining area is just a small table (maybe 24" in diameter) which would be hard to serve dinner for two people.

We called NCL customer service to complain and found they are already getting lots of calls from passengers who are finding out what they are really going to get for their money. According to Troy, the supervisor in Customer Services, they have been given instructions from upper management that they cannot give any compensation. Apparently, they don't really care about loyal NCL repeat customers.

If we could, we would cancel our anniversary cruise and go with another cruise this year. But, we cannot afford to lose 25% of the fare even with insurance. Besides, they don't give you the money back, you only get cruise credit.

We think we will do the sailing~use the butler to DEATH and just plan on never sailing on NCL again. Too bad, they had been very wonderful which is why this will be our sixth, but last cruise with this line. We will also be sending complaint letters to the CEO and Executives of NCL. As Customers we need to make our voices heard.

Since you have decided before the cruise that you will abuse an innocent employee and that you will never sail NCL again, I wouldn't be surprised if your complaint letters don't provide your desired outcome.

Why does the butler have to take the abuse over a NCL mistake? Does not make sense to me...

Way too harsh.. I can understand your disappointment with the errors about the balcony, but the rest of it is hogwash. You knew the actual size of the cabin itself going in, and there is only so much furniture that will fit in that space. I think the S7 suite is actually a very good value - separate rooms, a balcony, etc, at a relatively low suite price on this particular ship! How sad that you wish to abuse your butler to "get even" with NCL's ship designers..

Robin

This is not a lecture but a pep talk. In 2010, I booked an Epic penthouse that promised a separate tub and shower and eating area. As it turned out, there was no eating area at all and there was no separate tub and shower. Yes I was a bit disappointed but did not allow it to ruin my cruise. I could have switched to a bigger suite and paid more but I stuck to my guns and kept the penthouse. We had a very nice cruise that year. Your negative thoughts have already convinced yourself that you will have a horrible cruise. Please dont let that happen. You spent too much money already and enjoy a great vacation on a fantastic new ship

Now on to the room. There is never really a entirely separate eating area in NCL suites. In fact even the Owners suite and Deluxe Owners suite have the eating table very close to the living room. Most suites work this way and only a few on other ships have I seen a completely separate dining room. The table is the standard size for most suites. On Epic, the 2 bedroom suites have the exact sized table. However the leather padded chairs in your suite are a big step up. The bathoom is amazing and looks like it is from a very high end hotel. The double sinks are the exact same make and color as the deluxe owners suite. The bedroom is pretty big too. The living room is not huge but glad to see NCL bring back a living room to the penthouse suite. The balcony is a bit small but actually standard size to most cruise ships. Epic has spoiled people with the jumbo balconies. The entire cabin looks amazing with a wooden entertainment center. But the best part is the price for those suites. The most inexpensive suites on Breakaway and plus you get full acces to the Haven and all the perks!

I am no NCL cheerleader if you read any of my posts. But I think many were concerened about these suites before they came out. But I was surprised how well they turned out. The forward balcony is really a forward balcony when you open the door :) The artist rendition of the suite did have a porthole in the bathroom but there were no words in the description describing this. I think we were all ready to pounce on NCL until we all saw the suite.

So please enjoy your cruise and beautiful suite. Before I booked Getaway, the price was luring me to book one of these cabins but the size scared me away. But now that I see how nice they are, I think they are the best deal on the ship!

Here is a video of the suite. Am I the only one that thinks they are amazing?

Edited by david_sobe

If we could, we would cancel our anniversary cruise and go with another cruise this year.

We think we will do the sailing~use the butler to DEATH and just plan on never sailing on NCL again.

We will also be sending complaint letters to the CEO and Executives of NCL. As Customers we need to make our voices heard.

With this awesome attitude, you are destined to have a fabulous cruise. :rolleyes:

Lucky butler. :eek:

I am disappointed with the size of the balconies but my husband and I decided to suck it up and suffer. Enjoy a brand new ship and our 3 days in Bermuda on beautiful beaches. Sit out on a tiny balcony and have the best cruise vacation of our lives.

Here is a video of the suite. Am I the only one that thinks they are amazing?

I'm with you David. I think the room is pretty cool. I actually loved that angled window in the bedroom area. I'd probably sit on the dresser looking out. LOL! OK, the balcony is a bit small but it's totally usable imho.

Wow. Just wow.

The balcony is probably 6 inches shallower than other ships. I can't FATHOM that someone would avoid this great ship because of that. However, if it's that important to you, have at it. There are plenty of other ships on the sea.

Reminds me of the great Epic bathroom controversy

And to Madndad. Grow up. Taking out your frustration out on a hard working employee that has nothing to do with problem is infantile. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking this.

Love the posts on here of people that shrug it off as possibly disappointing, and are determined to not let it ruin a great time on the ship. I don't have a horse in this race so I don't really care one way or the other, but what people get irate about .... :/

Edited by sdmike

The balcony is probably 6 inches shallower than other ships. I can't FATHOM that someone would avoid this great ship because of that. However, if it's that important to you, have at it. There are plenty of other ships on the sea.

Reminds me of the great Epic bathroom controversy

:/

And once again Mike says what most of us are thinking;) So very true, sir.

Although I doubt I'll ever sail on the Breakaway, I do plan on booking the Getaway. I'd like a deeper balcony but I don't see the size being the deal breaker for me.

As for the 'great Epic bathroom controversy' ... those were fun days:D

And once again Mike says what most of us are thinking;) So very true, sir.

Although I doubt I'll ever sail on the Breakaway, I do plan on booking the Getaway. I'd like a deeper balcony but I don't see the size being the deal breaker for me.

As for the 'great Epic bathroom controversy' ... those were fun days:D

I don't think it is a deal breaker for us either, but I for one would not pay the premium of a balcony on breakaway unless I had a b6, m6 or b1. I think I would just get an inside and save a few bucks. I do however think that they are just too small, I think half the size of the Allure and S-class X ships.

I am really hoping that they make them larger on the Getaway.

I am really hoping that they make them larger on the Getaway.

I do have to admit that I am secretly hoping for the same thing Gambee:D

I'm wondering if the balcony size is in relation to the itinerary itself though with this ship. It makes sense to me to 'shrink' a balcony for a ship sailing out of NYC that will sail to Bermuda, afterall you are docked for many days once there. Or to Bahamas in the winter ... I know I wouldn't be spending anytime out there in January until we at least made it to Florida.