Chrissandra's Honeymoon in the Aft (an eastern Liberty review)

Anung Un Rama

Saturday - Debarkation - We set our alarm and woke up at 7am. It's like a slap in a very tired face after sleeping in for over a week. I guess we turned around in the harbor and pulled in front of the Victory which arrived about an hour before us.

P1030727_zps5051f8f9.jpg

P1030730_zps4a16563f.jpg

P1030729_zps5f7925d7.jpg

One last photo of our lovely balcony

P1030731_zps096ed267.jpg

Room service was a little late (a note that room service is ALWAYS late on debarkation day, they just get overwhelmed) so we had to scarf some breakfast as they were trying to kick us out as early as possible.

We left our room at 8 and were in line right as they were about to stop people to give customs a chance to get caught up. We were off the ship in 5 minutes and immediately found our luggage and proceeded to the customs line. I was a little worried about this part as I'd heard to expect longer waits with less customs agents. It was as quick as any other cruise we've taken. We were through in less than 15 minutes.

We had not gotten any pre-arranged shuttle to Miami as I knew we had plenty of time and wanted to see how the taxi would work out. We got in line for one and were on our way in less than 5 minutes. I can't promise it's always that quick but we were pleased. The cab ride is a flat $25 fee so $30 with tip and only took 15 minutes. This was cheaper and quicker than SAS and when flying out of Miami, we will always do this in the future.

Well folks, the Honeymoon is over. Not really as I'm so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with the most amazing person I've ever met.

The cruise was great and just what we needed. This was a much more relaxing vacation than some in the past and I know I felt relaxed and recharged.

The staff was great though I will say I didn't love our room steward. He got us an extra lounger and kept our ice stocked but food/plates would sit outside our room for over 24 hours.

The staff in the dining room was great and it was nice having the same table every time. The service in there seemed slow at times and it was really slow the one formal night we went (which is par for the course).

All the other staff was fantastic as well. We hardly saw the CD, Troy, at all. But then again we didn't really attend any of the big shows or deck parties. A CD never makes or breaks a cruise for us but it would've been nice to sail with Karl again.

The food was good. I feel like I'm so used to cruising :o that it's just standard fare at this point. I guess I'm just spoiled. LOVE the 2.0 and I can't wait for every ship to have the Guy's and Blue Iguana. I did miss the Red Frog Pub though just for a nice indoor bar area to chill and relax.

I loved this itinerary as well. HMC is a beautiful island despite what Carnival is turning it into. GT is just a great stop with something for everyone (and the free beach right of the ship is fantastic). Absolutely loved St. Thomas. Quite possibly the most beautiful and photogenic stop we've had. San Jaun is just mired in history and I'm glad we toured the fort but would love to try some other things on this island.

I think most of you know my thoughts about Peter Brenner in the Piano Bar so I won't beat a dead horse. I've heard rumors that Carnival is listening to the reviews so I hope a change is made once his contract is up.

The comedians were pleasantly surprising. They were funny without being vulgar. Not that I really mind but I know it can make some uncomfortable.

The room was fine but the balcony was amazing. I'm so glad I stumbled upon the fact that it was extended early enough to change to it. It was perfect for us for this particular cruise. We are in inside cabins for all our booked cruises as we know we won't be spending as much time in the room.

So thanks for coming along for the ride. I'm sorry if this one wasn't as ship photo heavy or informative as some previous reviews. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and we'll answer to the best of our ability.

Thanks Chris and Cass for the review! Loved reading it and enjoyed the Fun Times.

We decided to go on the Crown Princess for our next cruise instead of the Liberty this year. We fell in love with Princess last year and it was a great toss up since we love the Liberty.

Now I need to figure out what to do with all of these bar coupons I have left over.

Once again, congrats on the wedding!

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I can honestly say the hardest part of this review was choosing just 6 pictures to post for St. Thomas sail away. I feel like there are about 50 more worthy of putting on here but I'll spare you (plus I just want to get this damn day done with at this point :o)

So we had our burgers and went back up to Lido deck to do something we've been talking about for over a year.....the 101 oz tube of Thirsty Frog Red!!!

P1030451_zpsd128a0cc.jpg

P1030452_zpse19367b8.jpg

P1030453_zps18e703d0.jpg

We tried to pace ourselves but it's hard when 101 oz of delicous is just staring you in the face.

P1030454_zpsa7809cc8.jpg

I think we did a pretty good job as it took us over 2 hours to finish and we had a lot of interesting looks from other passengers. It certainly is a conversation starter.

All gone

P1030456_zpseed83ea4.jpg

Love the Ravens shirt!! My husband and I are going on the Liberty in August. You guys seem very much like us. We just got married last year and are cruiseaholics, too. And it seems you guys are from MD, too!

Can't wait to try the tube of beer!

Love the Ravens shirt!! My husband and I are going on the Liberty in August. You guys seem very much like us. We just got married last year and are cruiseaholics, too. And it seems you guys are from MD, too!

Can't wait to try the tube of beer!

I'm slowly trying to convert her to a Raven's fan :D. She looks so cute in purple (but she looks cute in anything)

Enjoy the Liberty as she's a great ship. Just don't plan on spending any time in the Piano Bar.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

I'm slowly trying to convert her to a Raven's fan :D. She looks so cute in purple (but she looks cute in anything)

Enjoy the Liberty as she's a great ship. Just don't plan on spending any time in the Piano Bar.

No fan like a Ravens fan!! Go Birds!!

We got into port and docked and were cleared about 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

P1030619.JPG

P1030622.JPG

We rushed to make it down and off the ship before they stopped debark for the Victory pulling in… made it down to deck 0 just as The Victory was pulling up, so they stopped us to get her tied up and docked… darn. We waited about 10 minutes, and then they let us resume debark. We got off the ship and headed down to the sand to walk along the beach to get to Jack’s.

P1030624.JPG

P1030626.JPG

P1030628.JPG

P1030630.JPG

Congrats on your wedding.. loved reading both reviews! Which part of GT is less crowded? Is it better to hang out by Jacks Shack and then go over to Margaritaville on way back to ship? As you know they don't dock there for very long and want to relax as much as we can.

Thanks

Congrats on your wedding.. loved reading both reviews! Which part of GT is less crowded? Is it better to hang out by Jacks Shack and then go over to Margaritaville on way back to ship? As you know they don't dock there for very long and want to relax as much as we can.

Thanks

Hi Eileen! I'd say if you want less crowds, absolutely keep walking right on by Margaritaville. We were in port with 2 ships, so Jack's was actually more crowded than I've seen in the past.. but crew members from the ship go there to hang out too. The vibe is really chill and relaxed though. No loud music, etc. ... if you want the least amount of people as possible, maybe somewhere in between Jack's and M-ville would be your best bet. The entire stretch of beach is beautiful, so I'm sure you'll find something!

• 1 year later...
Hi Eileen! I'd say if you want less crowds, absolutely keep walking right on by Margaritaville. We were in port with 2 ships, so Jack's was actually more crowded than I've seen in the past.. but crew members from the ship go there to hang out too. The vibe is really chill and relaxed though. No loud music, etc. ... if you want the least amount of people as possible, maybe somewhere in between Jack's and M-ville would be your best bet. The entire stretch of beach is beautiful, so I'm sure you'll find something!

Not to stalk you guys or anything but i saw your name mentioned in a post and was wondering where you and Chris have run off to! I am sure it's been a busy year as newlyweds, i am sure others would love to know what you have been up to!

Our room was ready as soon as we boarded so we dropped off our luggage and unpacked a little. Chris was also quite pleased to find his first Platinum pin ready and waiting for him.

P1030004.JPG

In Chris’s words… “OMG I love our balcony!!!! This thing is friggin huge!!!” In my words… “This thing is bigger than the Blue Banana!” (Bonus points for anyone that gets that reference!)

P1030005.JPG

P1030006.JPG

P1030007.JPG

There was one lounger but more than enough room for a 2nd. We didn’t see our room steward but left a note asking for constant ice and for a 2nd lounger. Note about the ice – they stopped automatically having Ice in the room on embarkation day because more often than not it would go to waste, but all you have to do is let your room steward know you want it, and should have it for the rest of the cruise.

P1030010.JPG

“This thing is bigger than the Blue Banana!” (Bonus points for anyone that gets that reference!) That would be Pretty Woman! Only the best movie ever!

Not to stalk you guys or anything but i saw your name mentioned in a post and was wondering where you and Chris have run off to! I am sure it's been a busy year as newlyweds, i am sure others would love to know what you have been up to!

I'm on an ipad so I'm challenged to multiquote but woo hoo props to tagging the Pretty Woman reference :D

Hi Danacat! I'll be honest we sorta stepped down from reviews, over the past year. Our last couple cruises was a B2B on the Victory in Oct 2013 and then an epic New Years cruise on the Sunshine, but we are on hiatus till this coming Sept when we are taking my younger twin sisters on a high school graduation cruise. It'll be out of Baltimore so it's a familiar trip for us but we are super excited to take them to Harry Potter World in Universal while we are in Port Canaveral and also Atlantis when we stop at Nassau. There's nothing quite like seeing the joy of a place through the eyes of someone who hasn't been there before!