Chrissandra's Honeymoon in the Aft (an eastern Liberty review)

Anung Un Rama

Our next stop was Mountain Top. This is apparently a big stop for tours as there is a huge area to buy all kinds of souvenirs. Also a good place to get drinks and snacks. The drive up there was interesting as there are some really windy roads and as we got up it had a more rainforest type of feel. I was thinking to myself, these roads must be hell to deal with when it rains.

P1030315_zpse6acbc0c.jpg

P1030318_zps72f7107e.jpg

This is the view from the back of the store where they have an overlook to Magen's Bay.

P1030320_zps98154194.jpg

P1030333_zpsbf37da89.jpg

An iguana chilling on some shrubs.

P1030334_zps3f5c2361.jpg

P1030336_zps28a9567c.jpg

The views from up here were breathtaking. Pictures really don't do it justice. I highly recommend any new comers make this a priority for their first time to the island. As we're inside we grab a bite to eat and also a Bushwhacker (which our neighbors said we HAD to try). I'll admit, it was pretty tasty and I could've done with a few more :D. We heard a weird sound coming from outside and yeah, it had started pouring. That's what I get for wondering how these streets are in the rain :rolleyes:. We loaded up and headed back down the mountain toward the beaches. We had one last stop for pictures though.

You can see the rain just pouring down the road.

P1030341_zpse2df3c88.jpg

P1030346_zps96d28b13.jpg

P1030348_zps9ba9cd97.jpg

P1030347_zps15c952ae.jpg

An iguana chilling on some shrubs.

P1030334_zps3f5c2361.jpg

Awesome pics! We saw a couple of iguanas too... did your guy stop at the termite nest on the way up the hill? Creepy!!! (It was raining a bit... oh well)

termites.jpg

Edited by Mom2JJandJ

As were leaving this last stop Elvis takes a count of who wants to go to what beach. I believe every beach but Magen's is free and Magen's has a $4 pp charge. We had heard so many great things about it and after seeing it from high up, we knew that's where we wanted to go. The majority of the people just called it a day and only 4 of us ended up getting off at the beach (the rest were taken back to the ship early). The beach area near where we were dropped off was quite crowded but I saw our neighbors and he told me to just keep walking to the left and it would thin out. Also said that there was a grove with a lot of wild iguanas that way too. So we made our way down the beach when the clouds started rolling in.

P1030355_zps98b078ed.jpg

Found the grove and this ugly little guy

P1030356_zpsd4114058.jpg

Before we could get set up it started to rain. Fortunately there was a pavilion nearby so we took shelter and let the rain pass. It cleared up after about 15 minutes and the crowds also thinned out. We set up on the beach and got in the water. Again the water was cool (not sure how much I like cruising in the early Spring) but we were determined to enjoy it. Until it started raining again. Packed up and ran back to the pavilion but again this shower was only 15 minutes.

P1030363_zps61c5b648.jpg

Back to our spot and in the water as we see more clouds on the horizon.

P1030364_zps133b9960.jpg

P1030365_zpse798d551.jpg

This time we had about 20-25 minutes before the next shower. A little disappointed but you can't control the weather.

Awesome pics! We saw a couple of iguanas too... did your guy stop at the termite nest on the way up the hill? Creepy!!! (It was raining a bit... oh well)

termites.jpg

Stop no, but I did see it (and several others on the ride). I guess most houses aren't made of wood here. We did have to stop because some idiot didn't hold onto his bag and it flew out of the bus as we went around a sharp turn though :rolleyes:

We still had about an hour to kill so we made our way down the beach. They do have a nice bar restaurant on the beach (though we didn't have anything).

P1030369_zps3606bc54.jpg

P1030370_zps91b62b7d.jpg

P1030368_zpsb53d130f.jpg

P1030372_zpse5fa0f7c.jpg

The sun came out with about a half hour left so we went back into the water. It wasn't crowded at all down here at this point and there were hundrerds of little fish swimming around our feet.

The sun didn't last too long and it started to straight pour again shortly after we were picked up. It made for another interesting ride as this was the worst rain we'd seen.

P1030377_zpsba52a33f.jpg

Made it back to the ship safe and sound. I took a quick shower and got to sports trivia while Cass made herself pretty (I mean prettier, I mean got ready for the evening). Won sports trivia and our one and only ship on a stick this cruise. I had planned on giving it to our friend Julie but found out she had gotten one from someone earlier in the week so found some other friends at the Alchemy Bar and gave it to them.

We had a nice relaxing plan for this evening but with Guy's closing at 6 had to improvise. We each got a burger with our fixens. Got a Plain Jane and added bacon at the toppings bar with some BBQ sauce (OMG I need a drooling smilee!!!). We covered our plates and took them back to the room for sail away (was not going to miss this for the world).

P1030397_zpsa7b9e5ff.jpg

P1030396_zpsa67b688e.jpg

Expect extremely drunk people anytime one of these is near a port

P1030393_zpsf74f8ae6.jpg

I can honestly say the hardest part of this review was choosing just 6 pictures to post for St. Thomas sail away. I feel like there are about 50 more worthy of putting on here but I'll spare you (plus I just want to get this damn day done with at this point :o)

So we had our burgers and went back up to Lido deck to do something we've been talking about for over a year.....the 101 oz tube of Thirsty Frog Red!!!

P1030451_zpsd128a0cc.jpg

P1030452_zpse19367b8.jpg

P1030453_zps18e703d0.jpg

We tried to pace ourselves but it's hard when 101 oz of delicous is just staring you in the face.

P1030454_zpsa7809cc8.jpg

I think we did a pretty good job as it took us over 2 hours to finish and we had a lot of interesting looks from other passengers. It certainly is a conversation starter.

All gone

P1030456_zpseed83ea4.jpg

Here are the Fun Times for St. Thomas... I apologize, we tried to be diligent and keep good copies of each day, but somehow I kept the one with the tear-off portion removed... so these are missing the skinny portion with all the hourly activities... sorry! :(

Fun Times - Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - Day 4 - St. Thomas, 4/16/13

Edited by ardnassac79

We loved our Sunny Liston tour so much.... and our day at Meagans Bay on our Honeymoon twenty years ago was very similar to yours! Some of the worst rain we have ever experienced... but an empty beach and us in the water... even in the rain!!

How did you like your tour?

We missed St. Thomas in November, due to propulsion issues on the Liberty.... thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures!

Catrin

Congratulations on your Marriage! May you two have the most wonderful life ahead!

I've been going between this and your other review's. Great Job on them. I'll have to admit, I'm now addicted to reading the review's. Yours are the best!

Cheers to the two of you! :)

I can honestly say the hardest part of this review was choosing just 6 pictures to post for St. Thomas sail away. I feel like there are about 50 more worthy of putting on here but I'll spare you (plus I just want to get this damn day done with at this point :o)

So we had our burgers and went back up to Lido deck to do something we've been talking about for over a year.....the 101 oz tube of Thirsty Frog Red!!!

P1030451_zpsd128a0cc.jpg

P1030452_zpse19367b8.jpg

P1030453_zps18e703d0.jpg

We tried to pace ourselves but it's hard when 101 oz of delicous is just staring you in the face.

P1030454_zpsa7809cc8.jpg

I think we did a pretty good job as it took us over 2 hours to finish and we had a lot of interesting looks from other passengers. It certainly is a conversation starter.

All gone

P1030456_zpseed83ea4.jpg

Okay! How many times did you have to take a bathroom break? I think I need to let out a sympathetic belch for you and head to the bathroom!

Crumbs! You two went down a storm on that thing.:eek: And no help from the Funatics or even a"Social"!:D. I'd be full as a goog after a middy of that.:p

BTW, Nice plays by the Hawks last night. But the Habs are gunning for you!:)

P1030451_zpsd128a0cc.jpg

P1030452_zpse19367b8.jpg

P1030453_zps18e703d0.jpg

P1030454_zpsa7809cc8.jpg

All gone

P1030456_zpseed83ea4.jpg

Enjoying your review~

Just wondering if the beer stays cold for the duration?

Hey Julie!! I'd love to sail with you and the Lunatics again! Ya'll are a blast :D

Yeah I think they popped up sometime late last year... more $$, evidently they have hot tubs in them too! Honestly the music down at 14 wasn't bad when we were actually in the cabana, but it was blaring when we were on our floatie mats in the water... the speakers are angled just right to lay the party music out across the entire beach. I get it - if you're into that thing, then just keep it localized to that smaller area of the beach... the floatie mats being my ZEN happy place were just a pipe dream this time. :(

That is so disappointing. Was thinking of booking one of the smaller cabanas since they seem to be cheaper now, but would hate to spend that amount of $$$ and the be next to someone LOUD. Think I'll save my money and stay mobile.

I agree with you too. Don't mind a little background music but like to enjoy the peace and quiet of this beautiful place. Guess we'll walk further down the island than last time. DH might just park himself at the other little bar like last time!

Edited by 2 cruzen

Crumbs! You two went down a storm on that thing.:eek: And no help from the Funatics or even a"Social"!:D. I'd be full as a goog after a middy of that.:p

Do I detect a Habs fan :)

St. Thomas is one of my favourite ports. Can't wait to get back there in November on the Epic! Sunny Liston tours is awesome. Booking them again for November.

Congratulations !

I've been hooked on your reviews since you two got engaged.

Looking forward to your family cruise reviews... ;):D

You'll be waiting quite a while for those reviews (like forever). Neither of us have any desire to have kids. Though we will hopefully be taking her 2 sisters on a cruise as a graduation present in a couple years.

Okay! How many times did you have to take a bathroom break? I think I need to let out a sympathetic belch for you and head to the bathroom!

I think we were good with just one bathroom break each. It looks like a lot but with 2 people it's just over 3 pints each (that's a pretty standard happy hour).

Enjoying your review~

Just wondering if the beer stays cold for the duration?

That was my biggest fear too, but surprisingly yes. It's by no means as cold as the first pint but it did not get warm (I hate warm beer). I love Thirsty Frog Red and it may seriously be my favorite beer.

Trust me, we missed our Funatics most nights (GT was great though). It was one reason we didn't mind hanging out on our own a lot (especially with that great balcony).

And I can only hope that we'll be facing the Habs in 2 months (mainly because it'll mean we're in the finals :D).