Chrissandra's Honeymoon in the Aft (an eastern Liberty review)

Anung Un Rama

Love, love, love your review!

So sorry about your thumb Cass! On the Breeze it was your ankle. Chris will have to wrap you up in cotton swab! :-)

Glad that its Ok.

Joanne

Congratulations Chris & Cass from both Cindy & I. Looks like another great cruise and I'm sure this one was definitely extra special. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do another great review.

Steve

Congratulations on your wedding! Can't wait to read the rest of your review. I really enjoyed your last one! I hope your injured thumb didn't ruin your trip, it really looks panful.

Last cruise we had the aft wrap next to your room (on the Glory), and my husband slammed the balcony door on his finger - looked pretty similar to your hand!

Thank you for including the fun times in your review - the Liberty Eastern is our next cruise.

Congratulations on your wedding!

After sailaway, we made our way down to deck 5 – stopped in at the Taste Bar (which was previously the Sushi Bar… sadly I didn’t see any sushi on the cruise other than the app the one night in the MDR… not sure if they ever had any for dinner in the Lido, but they certainly replaced Sushi with the Taste Bar offerings).

P1030028.JPG

Tonight was a spicy pork thing with a yummy tomato-based soup with chicken in it.

P1030089.JPG

Here's some more random ship pictures we snapped earlier in the day as well.

Club O2 Lounge for the teens:

P1030030.JPG

There were a few weddings on board and in the ports this week, one was on Embarkation Day:

P1030032.JPG

Internet Lounge... sorta hard to find, tucked away behind one of the lounges (The Cabinet) on Deck 4:

P1030034.JPG

Silver Dining Room - for the Early and Late Seating folks... Anytime is in the Golden Room, midship.

P1030037.JPG

We were actually in the Golden Dining Room and we had Early Seating. We were on the top level. I didn't really like our table. It was a table for four, which was nice, but it was next to a window with a curtain over it (that never opened) and we were kinda squished between other tables and a server station.

Sorry about your thumb! Man, that looks painful!

BTW, I said hi to you and Chris in Half Moon. We were both at the buffet lunch at the same time.

Having see the "trailers" on social media:rolleyes:, so nice to see the full feature:) That aftcabin is certainly the spot on the Liberty. Those cocktails in MB are the ones to have when you're only have less than one.:D So will now subscribe. And as Erm and Deb say, Keep calm and Rum On!

Crew

I'm slammed at work so won't be able to post until this evening but I've got some things to say about HMC so I want to get that done.

A few other things though, we could feel a lot of vibration in the back. I never really noticed much sway from being up on 8 (never stayed that high) but there is a ton of vibration back there. It never really bothered me but thought I'd mention it. We could also hear them moving chairs when cleaning in the morning. Not a big deal but worth noting.

As far as her hand goes, I think there are much more subtle ways for someone to ask to not carry anything for a week :p

Our room was ready as soon as we boarded so we dropped off our luggage and unpacked a little. Chris was also quite pleased to find his first Platinum pin ready and waiting for him.

P1030004.JPG

In Chris’s words… “OMG I love our balcony!!!! This thing is friggin huge!!!” In my words… “This thing is bigger than the Blue Banana!” (Bonus points for anyone that gets that reference!)

P1030005.JPG

P1030006.JPG

P1030007.JPG

There was one lounger but more than enough room for a 2nd. We didn’t see our room steward but left a note asking for constant ice and for a 2nd lounger. Note about the ice – they stopped automatically having Ice in the room on embarkation day because more often than not it would go to waste, but all you have to do is let your room steward know you want it, and should have it for the rest of the cruise.

P1030010.JPG

Just read your other review and loved that. Was excited to find this review and I know I'll enjoy reading it as well. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on your wedding! Look forward to your review!

I see that you are going on the Sunshine next year. DH and I will be on her as well in March. I was wondering if you are staying in New Orleans before and after your cruise. I found a hotel for the night we get into New Orleans, but having problems with the one night after our cruise. Have a wonderful time and looking forward to your review once you get back!

We headed back to the room, made some Room Drinks, and decided to brave the Piano Bar and check out Peter Brenner. We went in with some trepidation, because unfortunately we hadn’t heard anything good about Mr. Brenner… however we had promised our friend Laura that we would give him a fair shot and report back with an honest opinion.

He was just starting when we got there and explained that he would start with a few of his own songs, then take a few requests, then do a few more of his own.

P1030104.JPG

He was OK at best… he’s a decent piano player, but his tempo on everything just seems fast. We tried our best to be engaging and talk to him in between songs, but during songs he would absolutely zone out and not engage the crowd (all 5 of us in there at the time) at all. There were some times where he would either try to improvise and it just came off awkward, or he’d switch into this really low grumbly voice, and that was sorta brutal.

Julie, Ram, Alan, and Gayle came in, and we had fun with them (Poor Julie needed 2 Long Islands just to stand it).

P1030106.JPGWe asked if he did any sort of “late night” material after 11 or 12, and he flat out said NO, he didn’t do it, and refused. Alrighty Then… no real reason for us to stay in there and have fun in the late hours of the evening, that’s for sure.

Yes, this shot was taken in the height of what should be optimum Piano Bar time... pretty empty...

P1030112.JPG

With the slow transformation to re-brand the Carnival Piano Bar scene, we are both hoping Carnival starts to take guest opinion into consideration when this guy’s contract comes up for renewal. Just Sayin…

We left, each lost a quick $100 at the Let it Ride table, and decided to call it a night… I headed up to get some pizza to take back to the room for us to share out on the Balcony. We had the fun "seal" for the first night's animal... this one cracks me up every time...

P1030102.JPG

While I was getting ready for bed, Chris fell asleep outside on a lounger, and I came out and cuddled up next to him. We both fell asleep out there… and then the night got interesting… (get your minds out of the gutter, lol!)

We both woke up and in my half-asleep state, I went to push myself up off the lounger with my right hand on the side, and my hand slipped, and all my weight went into my thumb and it got bent backwards… now I’m an admittedly very clumsy person in general, so usually I’ll run into something, trip over something, etc, and not think anything of it… this was different.. I knew something was wrong and actually thought I dislocated my thumb. It was late, I could barely wiggle it, and it was blowing up like a balloon... Well damn.... We went down to the Medical Bay, but they told us that since it was so late, we’d have to go to Guest Services first so they could call the night nurse first. We went up to 3, then back down to 0… she took a look, said that because I could move it at least slightly, it wasn’t dislocated or broken… she gave me lots of plastic bags with Ice, and I got a shot in the butt for pain and swelling… Fun times!!!

She said to come back the next morning around 8 when the doctor would be in, and we were sent on our way… I swear it’s always something with me! We made our way back up the room and set our alarm earlier than we wanted, due to the new 8am apt with the Doctor…

This is what it ended up looking like after a day or two...

P1030190.JPG

OMG, I hope you are okay!!! Poor thing, thank goodness its not broken, but boy did you bruise it good!!

I'm slammed at work so won't be able to post until this evening but I've got some things to say about HMC so I want to get that done.

A few other things though, we could feel a lot of vibration in the back. I never really noticed much sway from being up on 8 (never stayed that high) but there is a ton of vibration back there. It never really bothered me but thought I'd mention it. We could also hear them moving chairs when cleaning in the morning. Not a big deal but worth noting.

As far as her hand goes, I think there are much more subtle ways for someone to ask to not carry anything for a week :p

Hahaha...to funny. The review is great and can't wait for you to post more!!!