Barefoot beach cabana in Oct 2013 - Too soon still?

On my reservation, it says inquire onboard for all the cabana's, both barefoot beach and nellies.

Is it just too soon given we are 171 days out? Or are they all gone at this point?

I know entertainment doesnt show up till closer, but thought all excursions would be available.

We were able to book a cabana at Nellies beach for our Feb 2014 cruise, so I'm guessing they might all be gone for yours.

I think you are correct. The only cabanas showing 'bookable' for our November cruise on IOS are on Nellies Beach - all the Barefoot Beach cabanas (suite guests) are showing "Inquire Onboard". So, we're a month further out than the OP and that's why there are still cabanas for Nellies.

I have never seen cabannas bookable on line for Barefoot Beach - always saw inquire on board. I think October 2013 it may be too soon - however you may want to e mail your concierge to inquire about reserving - he may not answer quickly since its so far away but thats the route I would go in order to get on Barefoot since your in a suite.

Only Nellie's Beach cabanas may be booked in advance using the web site. The Barefoot Beach cabanas will always say "Inquire Onboard" because they are handled by the Concierge instead of the shore excursions department.

If Nellie's Beach cabanas are showing as "Inquire Onboard", then they've probably been claimed already.

In owners suite, so yes.

But the Nellies ones says inquire onboard as well, so wasnt sure if its just too soon for anyone to book.

We received an Email from the concierge on Freedom 4 days prior to our cruise asking if we wanted him to reserve a Barefoot cabana for us.

We have had an Over the Water Cabana at barefoot twice....each time we had to e-mail the concierge to reserve one for us......

And both times the concierge did not reply to us until the cruise prior to ours, in other words one week out....

This year we decided NOT to get a Cabana....it is definitely worth it but.....for $250 you want to get your moneys worth and make use of it all day....

We want to be able to walk around Labadee and perhaps Zip-line and /or do the Coaster...maybe jet ski.

When you book a Cabana, you feel guilty walking away from it for a few hours.

So we will use Barefoot beach, and after having lunch there, head out and do some other activities....

But it is definitely an experience and anyone who has never booked one I highly recommend it.

You will enjoy the experience....and yes, tipping the Concierge is in order especially when they do something for you, and also tipping the Barefoot Beach attendant....

Just returned yesterday from Freedom OTS, and we had an over the water cabana at Labadee. We were not in a suite, although we are D+, and I was able to book the cabana online about three/four weeks prior to our cruise. I had tried many times previously, and gotten the message to inquire onboard, so I was surprised. I guess some suite guests must have cancelled, so the Barefoot Beach cabanas became available. I would keep trying if I were you

Good Luck.

Archived