Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

A catch all like a mini show rack on a hanger that hangs on the inside of the bathroom door to hold all those small misc. bathroom items...nailclippers, eye glass cleaner, lip gloss etc.

Make sue the clock is battery operated, not a plug in.

Curious why you say battery operated clock. We always take a plug in and have no problem using it. :)

Hi Don!

Thanks for your comment. I have had such incredible feedback from these tips. One lady told me she thought it brought her good luck, as she got pregnant after I gave her one and she had been trying for a long time. (This was not on a ship, but in a local restaurant)

Another told others workers and they came to my room asking if we had more. So I must be just meeting the right people..so sorry if you are not. :)

What a great reply! You made me smile and I aspire to respond in the future to rudeness/presumption, etc. with the same grace and positive attitude you have.

It was a pleasure reading your response. It was a lesson in class! :)

kinka cruiser, have you ever tried 3M's Wine Skin? We used that for a wine trip and they kept all our wine safe during our flights. They are available on Amazon and LUV them!

I'll look into the wine skins, but haven't heard of them to date. Thanks for the heads up.

I bring no sugar added powder for my morning latte as I don't need any extra calories on a cruise. The baristas in the International Café are usually nice about making my 'custom' latte each morning. Also we bring $1 bills to tip room service....btw, try the chili and chips on the room service menu....it is great!

Edited by LetsGoCruisin'Now
Posted twice

We bring along alarm clocks as well a folding hamper and a hanging shoe pocket organizer for the closet. We also bring a case of water with us. We just tape a luggage tag to the top of the case and have it delivered to our room with our other luggage. I also carry a mesh laundry bag that I use even when sending things out to the laundry. Of course my husband brings his binoculars and we use our laptop in the room either early in the morning or late at night when the there are less people using computers.

Your iPod acts as both a nightlight and an alarm clock, and even as a Kindle and a camera. It also has your ship's deck plans on it. No need for all the extra stuff when all that, and more, is in one tiny package.

Aren't balcony cabins also dark at night?

I know you meant that as a joke but actually there's ambient light in balcony cabins (just like your bedroom at home). The only place that's as dark as an inside cabin is the bathroom , where there's no window and the ambient light doesn't travel. Hence the nightlight, or glowstick or battery candle.

I have read all 9 pages !!

Alot of interesting items!! I am a ziploc packer myself - everything is in the 2 or 2 1/2 gal bags - I have a thin, old facecloth for day trips - using a small zip lock and ice to keep it cool. I have been known to bring a large zip filled with ice and a straw for ice water in hot ports. Flat when it is done.

If you can find a cloth bread basket - one that ties at the corners - it lays flat for packing and is a great corral for small items on dresser.

Travel knits are the way to go and when planning I think of the number of hrs I can wear something- I don't change every few hours normally - so a top worn to b'fast for an hour has another 11 to go !!!

Clothes pins are a go to item & I bring a shower puff- I have very small one 4/$1 at the dollar store - clothes pin hangs that up in shower. The shoe thing is too bulky for me.

I pack jewellery in snack bags by outfit - or in those small bags you can buy for meds (2"x2")..squeeze the air out- all then go into a quart zip - shoved in a shoe...I don't drag too much anyway..

If you are lucky and can get the TD bank drawstring eyeglass holder - you have a small bag for almost everything. I have one for first aid & sewing - one for the chargers - one for paper & pens - they limit you to the bare minimum and tuck into a lot of corners..

Safe travels no matter how much or little you bring !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if you have multiple electronic devices that need to be charged (camera, iphone, laptop, etc.) I would recommend picking up a cheap power strip. I usually carry the kind I find for $2 at hardware store sales. That way if the bags are full at the end of the trip if can just be left behind.

Would agree with others here that a supply of $1 bills is also very handy. :)

Someone posted recently that their was a power spike in the cabin and fried it their mother boards. As a result I purchased a surge protector. Better to be safe that sorry.

Tom:)

Here's he plug in my stateroom. Note is a non polarized plug.

DSC_0083_zpsc37116ec.jpg

Here's my night light plugged in.

DSC_0084_zps419a91a4.jpg

Check out my plug adapter. I went to a hardware store and they took the adapter to the key person who cut and filed it down and it works in the socket.

DSC_0086_zpse9f33c41.jpg

Magnet Clips that I bought and they stick to the wall. They are refrigerator magnets.

DSC_0799_zps17ff7a45.jpg

Tom:)

So many great ideas, i've already tossed a b/o tealight candle into the bag although the over the door holder i got 2 years ago for a cruise was too small to fit over the door and ended up being a nuisance. I needed duct tape! Better put some in :D

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find small fans? We have slept with a fan on for so many years that when we go away for the weekend we don't sleep as well due to the lack of white noise (and the cool air for my FI).

Any suggestions what to bring that won't take up too much space? (need noise and air flow)

So many great ideas, i've already tossed a b/o tealight candle into the bag although the over the door holder i got 2 years ago for a cruise was too small to fit over the door and ended up being a nuisance. I needed duct tape! Better put some in :D

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find small fans? We have slept with a fan on for so many years that when we go away for the weekend we don't sleep as well due to the lack of white noise (and the cool air for my FI).

Any suggestions what to bring that won't take up too much space? (need noise and air flow)

I purchased a great small fan at Target for my son.

I bought one of these a year ago for another purpose. It worked well for me. Note, it folds flat.

Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to attach a photo here. So here's a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/COOL-Portable-USB-Electric-Black/dp/B006NWJBZE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1369668637&sr=8-4&keywords=USB+Fan

It's actual size about 5x 2.25 inches in size with a 40 inch cord.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Edited by easy_123