Summit r/t Hawaii ???

Mack704

DW and I are sailing the Millennium out of Vancouver in a couple of weeks. We are elite in X's loyalty program. (which actually has no relevance here).

The point is I get off on the months of anticipation almost as much as the cruise itself. This includes much research, including addiction to these boards and reading many reviews. In addition to Millennium reviews, I read reviews from same class ships.

In the review section of CC here, I notice a lot of reviewers list the incorrect letter/number of their stateroom class. I've always been puzzled by that.

But here's the kicker. I read a review yesterday where the reviewer listed the wrong ship! The review was in the Summit review section. It stated they sailed R/T Hawaii out of San Diego this past March, that they were in the S1 suite 1070 on deck 10.

The Summit has no stateroom numbered 1070. Matter of fact, deck 10 on the Summit has no staterooms on it at all, the pool deck, the buffet, etc. And the Summit is sailing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan this Spring. It took a couple of minutes research to determine they were on the Century.

Have any of you read this review? It it me, or do you also think this is strange? If anyone knows this reviewer, please tell them they were on the Century, not the Summit. Thanks!

Harvey

DW and I are sailing the Millennium out of Vancouver in a couple of weeks. We are elite in X's loyalty program. (which actually has no relevance here).

The point is I get off on the months of anticipation almost as much as the cruise itself. This includes much research, including addiction to these boards and reading many reviews. In addition to Millennium reviews, I read reviews from same class ships.

In the review section of CC here, I notice a lot of reviewers list the incorrect letter/number of their stateroom class. I've always been puzzled by that.

But here's the kicker. I read a review yesterday where the reviewer listed the wrong ship! The review was in the Summit review section. It stated they sailed R/T Hawaii out of San Diego this past March, that they were in the S1 suite 1070 on deck 10.

The Summit has no stateroom numbered 1070. Matter of fact, deck 10 on the Summit has no staterooms on it at all, the pool deck, the buffet, etc. And the Summit is sailing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan this Spring. It took a couple of minutes research to determine they were on the Century.

Have any of you read this review? It it me, or do you also think this is strange? If anyone knows this reviewer, please tell them they were on the Century, not the Summit. Thanks!

Harvey

Hi Harvey:)....I see that review too.....either the reviewer made an

error or possibly CC did?

I just submitted a review for Silhouette and CC posted it. When I saw

it, I realized the wrong cabin category was posted:eek: I emailed

the "Review" section.....they told me that can edit certain "fields" but

cabin categories are not one of them and if I wanted it corrected I would

have to re-submit my review (which I did).

I wonder if the "Century" reviewer doesn't realize it is wrong:confused: I know

years ago Summit did go to Hawaii but definitely not recently. It does

look strange seeing the wrong name of the ship........

Hi Lois,

This reviewer actually mentions the Summit more than once in the body of their review, including in the first sentence. Strange!

Harvey

Maybe they will see this thread and then will email the "review"

section about it.

The title got me excited ---- I was hoping that the Summit was going to do Hawaii, we're sad that we've lost the Century :(

I'm with you!!!!!..........I don't even care which ship or what time of year!!!!!!........Shoot!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived