Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

Yikes! That's not cool Carnival!! :mad:

is now the wrong time to let him know that they're on a separate circuit to the main lights controlled by the switch on the door / walls?

they're reading lamps, with a switch on the side of them... 3 days and he's not worked that out yet... I'd love to see the pursers face when he complains about that one

It is serious if you are on the cruise and affected by these problems and if you wanted to use the much publicised enhancements, such as the waterworks and the sports deck, then they should be ready.

Whilst it is the first cruise after a dry dock strictly speaking it is the third cruise as Carnival realised that it wasn't going to be completed on time and canceled the first two cruises.

The ship should be ready for the fare paying passengers to enjoy the full range of facilities.

Ya think?

It would seem that many Carnival patrons seem to EXPECT things like this to go wrong.

Perhaps if they set their combined sights a bit higher Carnival would try harder.

YMMV

This is a picture of an Ocean Suite toilet that DD Dave took, doesn't look like 3 inches between the toilet and bath tub to me?

IMG_0272_zps5a716bc3.jpg

Guess Frank didn't do his homework before he made up his extra large font, no internet tale. lol

Carnival are damned if they do and damned if they don't.... if they'd not sailed, people would have said they should have, and wouldn't have minded the problems, would rather that than the disappointment of cancelled cruise... if they do sail, people say they shouldn't have

In a perfect world the ship would have left on time, had it's planned 3 days sea trial where the only work to do was check the systems and functionality and all would have been great.... unfortunately the world isn't perfect, and some people just like complaining

I'll reserve judgement on all of it until those on board appear after getting off the ship and can give accurate feedback on the situation, not only upon initial boarding and first day or two, but by the end of the cruise and how they feel about the whole experience

I agree! If they'd have cancelled more sailings cruisers booked on those sailings would've been highly upset and disappointed and we would've had to endure those angry posts here on CC. Either way Carnival is the bad guy. I do agree too though that going forward with the sailing was the best thing to do just to get the ship out of that horrible shipyard. There's no doubt in my mind that all of these issues will be taken care of and I hope the cruisers enjoy their time on her because from the pics I saw it's a beautiful ship. I'm sure she'll be perfect once all of the work is completed. I hope they go with a different shipyard in the future. Thanks DDD!

I agree! If they'd have cancelled more sailings cruisers booked on those sailings would've been highly upset and disappointed and we would've had to endure those angry posts here on CC. Either way Carnival is the bad guy. I do agree too though that going forward with the sailing was the best thing to do just to get the ship out of that horrible shipyard. There's no doubt in my mind that all of these issues will be taken care of and I hope the cruisers enjoy their time on her because from the pics I saw it's a beautiful ship. I'm sure she'll be perfect once all of the work is completed. I hope they go with a different shipyard in the future. Thanks DDD!

Hi Shante, are there any interior pictures knocking about that you know of? Cheers

Hi Shante, are there any interior pictures knocking about that you know of? Cheers

Check out DDD's wifes thread: "My husband is back in drydock..." or something similar. I would post the thread here but I don't know how. :o Also Carnival had a few videos posted about the refurb process going on you can probably google it or check out youtube.

Guess Frank didn't do his homework before he made up his extra large font, no internet tale. lol

In his defence, it's clear that's there's no toilet roll!

I'm sure that's worth an even bigger font, maybe even red text too?

In his defence, it's clear that's there's no toilet roll!

I'm sure that's worth an even bigger font, maybe even red text too?

It's your picture Dave. I'm assuming when you took it there were no accoutrement in the cabin yet. There are no towels on the rack either. ;)

I do not mean to change the subject. I just checked CCL website and our cruise on June 7th, on the Sunshine, is not offered for resevations.

Am I worring about nothing or does CCL cut off resevations with-in 30 days of cruise(which is today)?

Thanks for your replies.

I'm thinking not. The gas bags will run out sooner or later. They always do.

I guess they do! Although it would be nice to hear from Carnival about the stated un-finished jobs to put passengers mind at ease for the upcoming sailings in May/June.

I dont sail on her until 30th August, which i can assume all will be tried and tested by then.

This will be my first CCL sailing. I've previously done NCL (several times), P&O and MSC. I've not done RCCL.

All this bickering between CCL and RCCL afficionados is pretty pathetic though. Why is there the need? It's like kids arguing between XBox and Playstation.

I say this exact thing all the time. It is crazy the way some of these people act. I have never seen people so desperate to have their personal choices validated. It is so sad.

Anyway, I am guessing there is a bit of a truth to some of this, but not near as harsh as some have made it out to be. I will find out very soon as I am on the next sailing. Personally, I can roll with whatever. I am a little more concerned due to the fact that I am taking a first time cruiser with me on this one. I certainly want him to be wowed and not turned off by any means.

I do not mean to change the subject. I just checked CCL website and our cruise on June 7th, on the Sunshine, is not offered for resevations.

Am I worring about nothing or does CCL cut off resevations with-in 30 days of cruise(which is today)?

Thanks for your replies.

I guess they do! Although it would be nice to hear from Carnival about the stated un-finished jobs to put passengers mind at ease for the upcoming sailings in May/June.

I dont sail on her until 30th August, which i can assume all will be tried and tested by then.

I'm scheduled to board in 9 days and will be taking lots of pictures. No worries.

I'm scheduled to board in 9 days and will be taking lots of pictures. No worries.

I hope all goes well. With all of this talk about the ship unfinished and to see our cruise not offered on CCL website makes me worry about it being cancelled. I know you had to reschedule but for me to reschedule fast would be impossible. I cant wait to see your photos. Thanks.

I hope all goes well. With all of this talk about the ship unfinished and to see our cruise not offered on CCL website makes me worry about it being cancelled. I know you had to reschedule but for me to reschedule fast would be impossible. I cant wait to see your photos. Thanks.

It could be that your cruise is sold out. I wouldn't worry to much.

Archived