Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

Its Difficult not to worry a bit. I have non-refundable flights and hotel bookings around this (June 16 sailing) so would be up **** creek for want of a better phrase, if they cancelled.

I am on the phone to the sales centre in the states about the missing Sunshine sailings on 17th May / 26th May / 07th June and 16th June. Will let you know if i find any information.

Because no one who is reading the boards believes what is going on on the ship -- you should see the pictures I received this morning -- and I have travelled extensively all over the world. I would post the photos - but don't know how.

and why the ridiculous font size so you guys on the ship would realize how frustrated some of the passengers are and how the people back "home" can't imagine what is going on on your voyage -- they should have left your ship in dry dock several more weeks to fix everything.

His mom is traveling with him and she step on a large screw -- their lights would not go off all night - their spa treatments were done with out air, no water - no clean glasses and no bottled water -- and they have a large suite - it doesn't matter where you travel in this ship - it effects everyone ... I am sure you know that people have disembarked the ship already and have asked for money back?!

this is a nightmare for people who has saved up for a long time to take a cruise to places with a great itinerary and to have to deal with this. I take a lot of cruises on Oceania - and believe me - their customer service is horrible - they don't apologize for anything -- so -- in my heart of hearts I believe you all deserve some kind of compensation for what you are going through.

In fact the last Carnival disaster my husband, who is a lawyer in Hollywood, FL - represented many people who got caught up in the debacle with that one -- You guys aught to take eveyone's name and do some sort of class action - should you have to pay for what you are not receiving -- I have been cruising since 1972 -- and we warned our friends that we didn't think this was a good idea ... and boy - the updates daily are proving it --

I wish you and your family no ill will and to have a very nice trip - and hope you get some sort of rebate for the inconveniences you have encountered.

Next time try Celebrity -- or another cruise line -- believe me -- I'm just a passenger and I get nothing for typing my opinions - just feel really bad for everyone on board ... Leslie

Lets keep the posts from being a commercial for class action lawyers

Its Difficult not to worry a bit. I have non-refundable flights and hotel bookings around this (June 16 sailing) so would be up **** creek for want of a better phrase, if they cancelled.

Well they have looked at the cruise manifest and this is what they came back with:

17th May - Oversold by 1 cabin

26th May - 1 Balcony available and taken off sale

07th June - Completely sold

16th June - 1 Suite available and taken off sale

is now the wrong time to let him know that they're on a separate circuit to the main lights controlled by the switch on the door / walls?

they're reading lamps, with a switch on the side of them... 3 days and he's not worked that out yet... I'd love to see the pursers face when he complains about that one

DDD, love your sense of humor.:)

in theory yes, in reality how?

Carnival were let down big time by a tiny percentage of the companies they put faith in, who unfortunately were responsible for a large number of the work force onboard. While they are ultimately responsible for the end result, I can't hold them at fault for it, even more so when I know they're doing all they can to resolve it

I enjoy your input.

I guess the bottom line is did Carnival choose to sail knowing there were deficiencies? Why?

My guess from a company standpoint the decision would be profit motivated, right? At whose expense though?

At which point does customer satisfaction vs. profit tip the scale? Judging by recent happenings their trend seems to be "profit at any cost". Is it a surprise then when debacles like the Triumph happen? It shouldn't be.

Many folks reason that things like this "happen to all cruise lines" when, in fact, they simply don't. Not of this magnitude anyway.

I'm just not sure this is a sustainable business model.

Should folks stop cruising Carnival? Of course not. I do, however, think the customer should hold them accountable at the very least. If not, where is the motivation to improve?

YMMV

Because no one who is reading the boards

Next time try Celebrity -- or another cruise line -- believe me -- I'm just a passenger and I get nothing for typing my opinions - just feel really bad for everyone on board ... Leslie

I feel it's unfair to compare Carnival to Celebrity, is a totally different animal entirely, Holland America or Princess to Celebrity would be a closer comparison in my opinion.

That said, I've seen ships from all of the above leave dry dock in substandard condition too, so.... you pay your money and you make your choice.

I'm not going to defend Carnival on this, that ship left in a condition that was always going to be a nightmare for the guest service desk, I can't deny that and wont even try to. What remains to be seen is what they do about it in regards to the affected passengers satisfaction over it all. In my experience they have always been the best I've seen in that department

Well they have looked at the cruise manifest and this is what they came back with:

Cheers. That's reassuring

In fact the last Carnival disaster my husband, who is a lawyer in Hollywood, FL - represented many people who got caught up in the debacle with that one -- You guys aught to take eveyone's name and do some sort of class action - Next time try Celebrity -- or another cruise line Leslie

Aww yea now I really believe what you are telling us... straight from the law firm of Troll & Troll. Sorry I think even the haters won't buy what you're selling.

17th sailing oversold? lets hope there are no issues with cabins because nobody is getting moved!

HoganUK thanks for information. I like alot of you have put alot of time in planning and research for my cruise and I would hate to start over.

DDD I have really enjoyed your insight throughout the Sunshines drydock and for remaining to provide your thoughts.Thanks

In 4 weeks my family will be in the air heading to Barcelona, I guess I just need to stop worring. But I will be upset if the soft serve ice cream machine is broken.

Cheers. That's reassuring

I'm not going to defend Carnival on this, that ship left in a condition that was always going to be a nightmare for the guest service desk, I can't deny that and wont even try to.

I will always say, that my day at work beats a day behind that service desk...

But are these numbers because they reduced the amount of available cabins? I doubt they all sold out at the same time.

Hi all

Just to add I've got a text from my friend who is on sunshine (also her first cruise) and she still has no hot water in her cabin and has found certain facilities to not be in working ordere (didn't say what) - but she said the crew are fantastic and doing everything they can to sort things out and most people are in good spirits and just getting on with it and as they are docking at a new port nearly every day it hasn't been a major issue as she has been getting off and going off exploring for the day, doesn't seem to be hampering her enjoyment, must be some of that 'Brit wartime spitirt' we are so famous for! Lol

Like! I would get on with it too.

Sounds like the media is looking for anything to keep bringing Carnival back into the limelight... Notice how they had to add on that the Sunshine is a sister ship to the Triumph!

Ya but you noticed everything in the article is true

My DS and DBIL are on this cruise and I would really appreciate it if someone could list all the problems that they have heard thus far on the Inaugral sailing of the Sunshine. There is just so much nonsense on this thread that I just don't feel like reading through it all but I am very interested in hearing what things my big sis and BIL may be having to deal with. Thanks!

My DS and DBIL are on this cruise and I would really appreciate it if someone could list all the problems that they have heard thus far on the Inaugral sailing of the Sunshine. There is just so much nonsense on this thread that I just don't feel like reading through it all but I am very interested in hearing what things my big sis and BIL may be having to deal with. Thanks!

Mostly no hot water in some cabins and the new water slide attractions not being ready for this cruise... that is unless you get the story from the jeerleaders. According to them the ship should sink any minute now.:D

Mostly no hot water in some cabins and the new water slide attractions not being ready for this cruise... that is unless you get the story from the jeerleaders. According to them the ship should sink any minute now.:D

Oh wow, 15 pages for THAT!!

Archived