Revamped Carnival Sunshine facing problems in maiden voyage

But a few dates were canceled .

I highly recommend they not cancel any more. Besides, the media is going to crucify them no matter what. How could the PR be any worse? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

So what if a slide isn't operational for a day or two. There are plenty of other experiences to enjoy.

I highly recommend they not cancel any more. Besides, the media is going to crucify them no matter what. How could the PR be any worse? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

So what if a slide isn't operational for a day or two. There are plenty of other experiences to enjoy.

Arent you on the next sunshine? Im glad you were not on this week's, even if I know you would have made lemonaide out of lemons.

Its always better if things go better.

I was thinking about you when I saw this thread.

Arent you on the next sunshine? Im glad you were not on this week's, even if I know you would have made lemonaide out of lemons.

Its always better if things go better.

I was thinking about you when I saw this thread.

Would have loved to be on this one. 12 days is better than 9 and love Venice and Dubrovnik. I would have added vodka to the lemons. I intentionally did not pick one of the new cabins thinking that might be risky. I remembered some of the ones on Conquest were not ready for the first sailing after 2.0.

Yes, we are on the next one. A b2b would have been even better. :)

Oh well, maybe in 2016 if not before.

While many feel there may or will be glitches on those first few cruises, they should work them out before that first sailing. Don't they do trial runs? Isn't that what a trial run is... to make sure everything is working? Oh well, don't really matter to me, this is one ship I won't be on... but it does matter to those who have booked and are looking forward to things such as waterworks, and hot water in the cabin.

Hopefully it is being over exaggerated.

Why are you not pointing fingers at Italy's Fincantieri shipyard ??

They had at least three weeks extra time to complete the projects in the passenger areas while the renovations were being made to the engine rooms and power distribution systems.

Thank goodness Carnival loyalists don't cruise for the "amusement park" type of entertainment. With some people ready to riot over the Waterworks closures, I wonder what passengers of that other cruise line would've done in a similar scenario....! :eek:

NO BUMPER CARS ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE??!!!

braveheart-gibson_l.jpg

Keep in mind the current CARNIVAL SUNSHINE cruisers didn't expect to be the first cruise after a dry-dock. Carnival canceled the April 12 and April 26 sailings, and the poor folks on the May 3 sailing ended up being the guinea pigs with no choice in the matter.

I'm a little surprised the ship is not fully completed, especially the Water Works. According to Carnival, the dry-dock was extended to install new redundant safety measures (generator & electrical switchboard) and not because more time was needed for things like the Water Works and cabins. They had an extra three weeks to complete everything so what happened? I can only imagine what a disaster the first cruise would have been if they stuck with the original dry-dock schedule of an April 12 debut.

Oh well, you know what they say about best laid plans...Did not think about that...

They had 3 weeks extra to complete the original work. The new safety work would have nothing to do with completing the work that is not done

The shipyard had three extra weeks from the original estimate because of the renovations to the engine rooms and power distribution systems.

Carnival was given an estimated completion time for all the work to be done, and the shipyard didn't perform.

The shipyard had three extra weeks from the original estimate because of the renovations to the engine rooms and power distribution systems.

Carnival was given an estimated completion time for all the work to be done, and the shipyard didn't perform.

You would think there would be some type of Clause in the contract,

If not completed by a certain date?

You would think there would be some type of Clause in the contract,

If not completed by a certain date?

It is possible that the contract did contain a clause, but enforcing it can be pretty messy.

It is also possible that the contractor has people onboard to complete the work and fix things that are discovered. We will never know the minor details of this.

I had a friend who contracted to build hotels and apartments, and he told me he always overbid the job by 20 percent because even if he did a perfect job, the owners would hold back the final payment and find things wrong. He walked away from several final payments in the time I knew him because he already had the amount of money he wanted for the job. Life is not all black and white.

It matters not about the shipyard, it only matters that the public sees Carnival. Carnival is working under a microscope and they KNOW that every move they make is going to be scrutinized with a magnifying glass. And knowing that, they made the decision to put people on a ship that wasn't ready for prime time. I don't know what is going on in Miami, but I'm thinking they could make better decisions if they used a dart board and a Magic 8 Ball.

It matters not about the shipyard, it only matters that the public sees Carnival. Carnival is working under a microscope and they KNOW that every move they make is going to be scrutinized with a magnifying glass. And knowing that, they made the decision to put people on a ship that wasn't ready for prime time. I don't know what is going on in Miami, but I'm thinking they could make better decisions if they used a dart board and a Magic 8 Ball.

I did not see a response to my questions regarding your previous posts.

The shipyard certainly DOES have responsibility in this case because they furnished Carnival a completion date and failed to get it done.

What would you do in this circumstance ????

I did not see a response to my questions regarding your previous posts.

The shipyard certainly DOES have responsibility in this case because they furnished Carnival a completion date and failed to get it done.

What would you do in this circumstance ????

And Carnival has a responsibility to supply a fully working ship no matter what

Doesn't sound serious, just after dry dock problems, which is why we never book the first cruise after dry dock on any ship...

I've always read not to book the first cruise after dry dock also. I would assume remodeling a ship is similar to remodeling a house, everything takes longer and cost more than you expected.

And Carnival has a responsibility to supply a fully working ship no matter what

And ?????? I believe all entities that deal with the public take on that responsibility. How many of them get lambasted by the media for minor problems ???

I am not sure what you mean by the "no matter what" comment. In an ideal world, nothing ever goes wrong, but we don't live in that type of environment.

I believe you are being very argumentative with your comments and they don't deserve further response.

It seems like a better option to Carnival from sailing a not yet ready ship or canceling, would be to alert passengers to the issue and then give them the option!

You can't complain about a cruise without waterworks and an elevator down if you were given the choice to sail.

On Facebook there are a lot of people complaining of the lack of a Bonsai Sushi even though it was advertised the Sunshine would have one.

The crazy part is that there was never supposed to be a Bonsai Sushi on the Sunshine. About a week ago Carnival updated their website and it said that the Sunshine would get a Bonsai Sushi but coming soon.

I don't know why anyone is complaining about a lack of Bonsai Sushi because it wasn't advertised when they booked the ship.

I've always read not to book the first cruise after dry dock also. I would assume remodeling a ship is similar to remodeling a house, everything takes longer and cost more than you expected.

Not true . If you have the right contractor it will be on time an on bugget. I am a contractor and that's how we do it. This is what happen when you hire the cheap contractor

Not true . If you have the right contractor it will be on time an on bugget. I am a contractor and that's how we do it. This is what happen when you hire the cheap contractor

When is the last time you did anything of this size? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

When is the last time you did anything of this size? I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

It don't matter the size , if you are good, you should know how how to handle the job. End of story

Archived