Breakaway Cabin and Balcony Sqft Spreadsheet

bear3412

Just to be the 943,645th person to say your spreadsheet has been invaluable. We're on the Breakaway in June, originally booked an S5 (now H5), then moved to an S6/H6 once the price dropped a whole ton. Would have been completely in the dark if not for the spreadsheet. Thanks!!!

I believe you actually downgraded as S5/H5 is a higher category than H6/S6. H5/s5 is located within the Havan complex and H6/S6 is not. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused:

Edited by cruisingmamasadri

I believe you actually downgraded as S5/H5 is a higher category than H6/S6. H5/s5 is located within the Havan complex and H6/S6 is not. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused:

The H5 may be in the haven but the H6 has a balcony almost the size of the suite! I'd take and have taken the H6 in a heartbeat over the H5. JMHO :)

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the reply

yes i checked the spreadsheet out i did see that the BX had a bigger balcony, but the problem was that it was not a assgined room at the time. I was thinking it would be better to get a assigned room.

chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italian restaurant & a cake + $100 on board credit.

Yes they let me keep everything they gave me before and added on the $100 on board credit.

The thing that i did not want that happend last time in NCL was i booked a BX and when i got it they where working on the balcony half the time i was in the room. when i called to see what that was about they told me because of the room section i got thats why the price was lower. my wife and I where so unhappy at that. I did not what that happending again,

i do like the idea of less motion in the BD room that i picked.

I would think that a BD room listed at 869 would be a better room then a 819 BX , but then i guess they have to work on rooms and stuff so they lower the price of them to book them up

Winterseason, was this after final payment? The reason I ask is because I just booked a BX balcony guarantee for the Breakaway June 1 sailing this past Friday. On Sunday, 2 days later I noticed the base fair dropped from $699 to $649. When my TA called she said the best she could get was a $40 OBC since it was after final payment. They also "upgraded" me to a BC Cabin on deck 13 which I am not entirely sure is an upgrade. I tried to submit a claim form for the lowest price guarantee since it was within 48 hours but NCL told me the form has a fine print on the bottom which states BX balcony bookings don't qualify

Winterseason, was this after final payment? The reason I ask is because I just booked a BX balcony guarantee for the Breakaway June 1 sailing this past Friday. On Sunday, 2 days later I noticed the base fair dropped from $699 to $649. When my TA called she said the best she could get was a $40 OBC since it was after final payment. They also "upgraded" me to a BC Cabin on deck 13 which I am not entirely sure is an upgrade. I tried to submit a claim form for the lowest price guarantee since it was within 48 hours but NCL told me the form has a fine print on the bottom which states BX balcony bookings don't qualify

yes this was way after final payment and guess what i called last week and i even got another upgrade to a mid ship balcony :)

i set sail in 6 days so final payment was made along time ago :)

the price dropped on the cruise alot so i called up and asked if anything they could do and they did. I then called again when they where giving away a free cruise deal and they hooked me up again.

so now i have a balcony on deck 10 BD LOCATION: Deck 10 / MID ( this is like 14 rooms away from the elevators & stairs ) i believe is the section. plus everything they gave me before. " chocolate strawberry , bottle of wine , dinner for 2 at a Italian restaurant & a cake + $100 on board credit."

also i just added on the The Ultimate Beverage Package this morning so me and my wife dont have to care about the bill :)

I think this anniversary will be great :)

Edited by winterseason

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were in a Haven Spa Suite (H9) and asked our pre-cruise concierge if it was possible at all to have two loungers on the small balcony. And it was in fact possible! A bit cramped, but if you are a balcony junky, everything goes!

image007.jpg.5291d541c75fbff950c3d55741949e09.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

booked on the 14th fl aft facing balcony of the breakaway.. now i see reviews of the 14th floor balcony being smaller... should i change rooms to the 11th floor? I kind of like the idea of walking up 1 flight of stairs and im in the buffet.. :D

booked on the 14th fl aft facing balcony of the breakaway.. now i see reviews of the 14th floor balcony being smaller... should i change rooms to the 11th floor? I kind of like the idea of walking up 1 flight of stairs and im in the buffet.. :D

Only you can make the final decision of whether you want to be one flight down from the buffet or have a larger balcony.

We stayed in a B1 Breakaway Deck 12 cabin and the balcony was huge, there were 9 of us traveling together and our balcony held us all with room to spare. We were more towards the starboard side I think one over from the center or 3rd cabin from the starboard. The firework view was not so great, another cabin in our party was also in a B1 Deck 12 balcony but either the 2nd or 3rd cabin from the port side, and their firework view was better.

As far as the cabins being larger, I could not really tell, as another cabin also in our party had a corner port side balcony and maybe the cabin was a bit smaller, now that I think of it (of course the balcony was MUCH smaller).

The next 2 times we sailed on the Breakaway it was in a regular port side balcony cabin and again, I didn't notice the difference in the size of the cabin, only the balcony was teeny tiny. :(

That being said, you are the one that has to weigh the importance of being close to the buffet or having a larger balcony. I would probably go with the larger balcony, but even though Deck 9 was available when we sailed in the B1 and we knew it had the largest balconies, I wanted to be higher up on the ship.

What B1 cabins are still available for your sailing? You know you can change your cabin if you stay in the same category without worrying about changing anything else on your reservation, I think.

An aft balcony is our absolute favorite, if possible we always try to book one.

No matter which cabin you pick, you will have a wonderful trip.

Relax, have fun and enjoy your cruise.

:)

Deck 14 has the smallest B1 balconies. Deck 9 has the largest, followed by Deck 12. Why not Deck 12? It's only a couple flights, but you get a lot more room. :D

We're booked on Deck 12, and I can't wait!

Edited by dcipjr

FWIW some of the B1 balconies appear to be quite a bit smaller than other B1s on the same deck. These are the B1s immediately to port of the larger B1 HC cabin on each deck. These include the following: 9322, 11314, 12310, 13308, and 14278. (Deck 10 has the large HC Mini-suite cabins.)

Slide 10 of the photos for the B1s (in the spreadsheet) shows the stern of BA/GA and if you look closely you'll see that the balconies for the above listed cabins are only 2 "rail panels" wide, while those for all other B1s are 2-1/2 "rail panels" wide. (You can also sort of see it on NCL's deck plans.) This means that the balcony in the listed cabins has 20 percent less area than the other B1s on that deck. This difference is also notable on various videos I've seen of different B1s. As far as I know only the balconies are affected.

If Bear is still updating this spreadsheet, I think this is worth putting into a note for the B1s.

• 2 weeks later...
I put together a spreadsheet to consolidate the cabin and balcony sqft info. This should be helpful to have on one page. I was struggling between browsers tabs and NCL and CC threads to ascertain what should be a simple quest.

I'm counting on you all to help fill in the blanks. All assistance, comments, and suggestion for improvements are welcome.

As you can see the Doc needs more input. :p Specifically I know it needs the knowledgeable CC members help with;

S9 balconies really 54 sqft?

S6 note #4 accuracy?

M1 note #6 regarding sqft?

Note #9 bump/angle balconies increased sqft %?

B6 sqft in and out?

M6 balcony sqft really varies?

MX and BX need info.

Any additional columns needed such as; tubs, # of bathrooms ;), king or queen bed, # of cabins per category, indicate fore, mid, aft location of cabin cat?

I will update/edit often.

Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Hi Bear,

We are booked for the 09/12/15 Getaway in aft cabin 11912. Do you know if bed is by balcony or closet, and what the approx size balcony is?

Thanks,

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Bear,

We are booked for the 09/12/15 Getaway in aft cabin 11912. Do you know if bed is by balcony or closet, and what the approx size balcony is? .....

Bed by closet.

Balcony about 10 feet deep, approx 100 sqft.

HTH

Edited by bear3412

.... As long as i have a lounge chair that lays down im fine

There are reports of loungers on deck 14 aft B1's.

If your balcony doesn't have the chairs desired, ask for your desired configuration.

Good luck and enjoy.

Does as anyone know which balcony cabins are obstructed view on the Getaway?

I don't believe any balconies have obstructed views except the deck 13 H7s, which are hull/enclosed balconies. The other forward H7 have a slight obstruction too fwiw.

FWIW some of the B1 balconies appear to be quite a bit smaller than other B1s on the same deck.....

Interesting no one else has ever mention this obvious observation.

How could this be if the cabins are the same width? ? ?

Thanks for pointing this out.

Anyone with first hand experience with this. Perhaps stayed in these cabins and the adjoining who made these observations aboard either vessel?

Thanks

ETA; Here it can be seen in these two videos of the balconies. Assuming the glass panels are the same size. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45645031&postcount=25

Although it appears obvious to me the size difference.

Edited by bear3412

• 4 weeks later...