question for someone who has been on imagination

kramonas

what time does it get back to miami, and how fast can you get off?

We are going on it next week, and forgot i have an appointment the day we get back at 11:30.

I live in florida, so its only about a 2 hr drive from port.

I did purchase FTTF.

I was on the 4 night Imagination last month and for some reason (I don't know why) we didn't dock until after 7:30. Even carrying my own luggage I didn't get off until after 9:00. FTTF give you no advantage getting off. Keep in mind that traffic in Miami is a nightmare at that time of the day. I live about 40 minutes from the port and that day it took almost 11/2 hours for me to get home. There were 2 accidents on I95. I would reschedule the appointment just to be on the safe side. Have a great cruise!

There is a chance you can get off of the ship in time to make your appointment.

I suggest you reschedule your appointment to another day or a later time. In the event that the ship arrives late into port or there is a problem with customs you may be delayed in leaving the ship.

We have also waited in line to leave the parking lot for twenty minutes while people pay for their parking. I do like that in Port Canaveral you pay for parking when you arrive and not when you leave.

Have a fun cruise.

Like others have said, there are many factors in play. A couple weeks ago, we were among the first off, got our shuttle and were in our car by 8:30. Traffic out of the city (headed north) wasn't bad but inbound was a nightmare.

If you see Chef Russel (see sig photo) tell him hi from Susan and Brian!

its one of those Doctor appts that takes like 4+ months to get an appointment, so i really hate to reschedule. (I scheduled it so long ago, i forgot until i saw it on my iPhone)

I usually jump on the turnpike, not 95. there is rarely alot of traffic on it. I95 in south florida does suck.

If i can get off by 9:00am or so, i should be ok. I am parking at a shuttle lot (pre-paid), so im hoping i can get through that in 1/2 hr.

FttF will get you a Zone 1 or 2 luggage tag for debark, so you can leave first even if you have checked baggage.

If you do self-assist, it works the same way; you'll be first off.

Barring anything weird like a late arrival back in Miami or an unusually long Customs hold, you should be good to go.

just to clarify self-assist... you dont just go when you dock. I believe first they take people that have flights that are close in time. then they go floor by floor for self assist and you might have to wait close to an hour to self assist (happened to me).

between not knowing when you are going to get off and how traffic is going to be, you can chance it but it will be close no matter what. If possible, I would reschedule

Archived