teenager attire for formal night

We have sail other cruise lines before but not RC. I would say that 25% of men wore tux's 50% suits and the rest collared shirts. What percent would you say wear tux's on RC? How about teenage boys.....is a collared shirt and bow tie work or should they have a sport coat.

I know this is a controversial topic but wanted to hear from RC past cruisers with teens.

Thanks again

We have sail other cruise lines before but not RC. I would say that 25% of men wore tux's 50% suits and the rest collared shirts. What percent would you say wear tux's on RC? How about teenage boys.....is a collared shirt and bow tie work or should they have a sport coat.

I know this is a controversial topic but wanted to hear from RC past cruisers with teens.

Thanks again

I only saw a few men in tuxes on our cruise last June. My husband wore dress pants, dress shirt and tie. My brothers wore similar attire as did my teen nephews. We were going to bring a sport coat but my husband would have likely taken it off the minute we got to our table. I really didn't see the point in packing it for the 5 minutes he'd have it on.

Just have them look nicer than usual, shirt and tie OK. If they have a suit or sport coat, that would be your choice to have them wear it if you want to train them in some way. Please no bib overhaul or shorts or team sports attire.

Thanks again

My son always wears dress pants, shirt, tie and a sport coat. DH wears a suit. Didn't see many tuxes on our last cruise.

My opinion, if you can have your son in a shirt and tie that would be wonderful. If you have a jacket around that he could use add it on, but that is "icing on the cake". We have borrowed jackets from friends for my son in the past. If we had not been able to he would have gone without.

We usually bring 2 pairs of nice pants for him, one dark, on khaki. He rotates through them, wearing a polo on casual nights, and the shirt and tie with jacket on formal night. Of course he changes back to his shorts right after dinner so they stay clean all week.

Thanks again

He will be just fine in the shirt and tie. I no longer worry about a jacket for my teenager because he would out grow it the week after the cruise! Once he quits growing, I'll make him wear a jacket or suit like his father! :D

Archived