Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruisers 2013

So close. It be funny getting on a ship when the other passengers have been on it for a long time. I hope they not too jaded.

I will be interested to hear what you think of that sector.

Every cruise is different , but we have found that on that short sector you are more or less left to your own devices as everyone is winding up , to wind down.:D

They will all have their established patterns by now.

The lifeboat drill will probably be where you meet the new passengers who have boarded in Auckland.:D

I'm looking forward to it. Its a little break from work for me. I'm flying to Auckland Wednesday night, staying at a motel near the airport and catch the shuttle in Auckland the next morning. I meet my mum, hoping just to be able to check in drop of my suitcase and go see her for awhile.

It doesn't depart to what like 8 pm? So muster drill will be pretty late.

I will be interested to hear what you think of that sector.

Every cruise is different , but we have found that on that short sector you are more or less left to your own devices as everyone is winding up , to wind down.:D

They will all have their established patterns by now.

The lifeboat drill will probably be where you meet the new passengers who have boarded in Auckland.:D

Are the passengers onboard also required to do the lifeboat drill?

Are the passengers onboard also required to do the lifeboat drill?

It all depends on the ship , what the Captain says , and the Coastguard requirements of the country they are in at the time .

The accepted rule of thumb is that those on board for the whole cruise ,only need attend the first one. ......

however , many attend just to see the new faces on board.:D

Usually the daily newsheet asks all those who boarded that day to attend.

Hello from the Sea Princess :)

Yes we made it on board!.

The weather in Auckland today was not very nice it was wet and we had some sun at times but the rain keep coming back.

The check in was ok, just slow as they were not picking all the info from the Princess Database!

Sorry about the very quick post this morning, I did not have very much time to write much, before we had to check out of our hotel.

I got up at 5:30am to see the Sea Princess arrive in to Auckland; she was alongside by about 6:40am. (I do have a few more photos of her arriving, which I will post when we get back to NZ)

Tomorrow we are in the Bay of Islands :)

Hello from the Bay of Islands, New Zealand (i am currently ashore, connected to a free wifi hotspot, Thanks to our ISP Telecom)

Its not a bad day here, the Sun is out, but the wind is cold!)

Will try and post a photo tonight

We are only here till 3:15pm NZST, so I just thought I would do a quick post as I got connect!).

I wonder how they feel about getting off tomorrow? A part of them must be looking forward to home and more space than a cabin to move around in. The other part of them must feel a tad sad that it's all over and it won't take long before it's all a distant memory. Then there is always the credit card bill to look forward too. ;)

Jill:)

If you were wondering what we / I did up in the Bay of Islands on Saturday ( 31 Aug 2013).

I walked up past the treaty house, to near where the golf course is, to get a photo of our ship :), and then walked back down to where the tender dropped us off and got on the free shuttle bus to the town, where I meet my parents.

After I meet my parents, We just walked around town for a while and looked in the shops, and got a couple of things, then mum and dad went back to the ship and I went and found that free wifi hotspot (Thanks to Telecom), and made that above post, then I walked back to where the tender dropped us off, it was only a 20 min walk, then I got the tender back to the ship, and then watched us sail way from the Bay of islands.

Also we have been to the Bay of islands twice so far this year (This is our 3rd visit), so we have done a lot of the things to do up here.

Hello from the Sea Princess

Today is a bit of a sad day for the world cruises, as it is there last day on the ship after been on it for at least 104 days!!, tonight they had the bake alaska parade in the dinning room, which was cool as usual!

Tonight they also had the farewell Crew Show, some for it was good!, Also was a bit sad for them.

Also this morning they had the Culinary Demonstration and Galley tour, which was good!

Apart from that, They had a World Cruise Stock photo Side show, which was quite interesting to see the photos from the places, that I have just seen on the ship web cam / port webcams, it was on for an hour, but I only stayed for about 20 mins / half an hour, as I had another thing I wanted to go and see.

Sydney tomorrow :), then it’s our 35 day cruise.

I have talked to a few people who have done the full 104 days, and they all seem to enjoyed them self, but are happy/glad they are heading home (Which I understand as 104 days is a LONG time way).

Will try and post again, in a few days’ time (Mind you it might be in a week’s time), as tomorrow we start a new internet package, so I need to make the minutes last the full 35 days!

Hope you enjoy the photos :)

Now it’s time for me to head to bed (Its 12:15pm, Sydney time) as I might be up early!

Hello from the Sea Princess

Today is a bit of a sad day for the world cruises, as it is there last day on the ship after been on it for at least 104 days!!, tonight they had the bake alaska parade in the dinning room, which was cool as usual!

Tonight they also had the Farwell Crew Show, some for it was good!, Also was a bit sad for them.

Also this morning they had the Culinary Demonstration and Galley tour, which was good!

Apart from that, They had a World Cruise Stock photo Side show, which was quite interesting to see the photos from the places, that I have just seen on the ship web cam / port webcams, it was on for an hour, but I only stayed for about 20 mins / half an hour, as I had another thing I wanted to go and see.

Sydney tomorrow :), then it’s our 35 day cruise.

I have talked to a few people who have done the full 104 days, and they all seem to enjoyed them self, but are happy/glad they are heading home (Which I understand as 104 days is a LONG time way).

Will try and post again (Check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1904679 for more updates), in a few days’ time (Mind you it might be in a week’s time), as tomorrow we start a new internet package, so I need to make the minutes last the full 35 days!

Hope you enjoy the photos :)

Now it’s time for me to head to bed (Its 12:15pm, Sydney time) as I might be up early!

Archived