Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruisers 2013

1nyd_zps03ecb5e6.jpg

Excellent captures David, expecially the one with the Statue of Liberty. :)Jill :)

Thanks...That was a really lucky grab. I had several windows open and then clicked onto the Liberty cam and there she was. I dont think I have ever hit the Print Screen button so fast. A few more seconds and I would have missed it...:D

I received an update from our friends onboard this morning.

They endured fog and rough seas continually across the Atlantic requiring the siren and horn blasting out every few minutes. Quite an unsettling feeling as they sailed directly over the spot where the Titanic lies.

As they left New York the new Captain informed them there was a Tropical Storm ahead and as such they will not be going to the port of Antigua 29 July, instead will visit the port of Aruba 30 July.

They also said that the on board 'face to face' Immigration formalites required in New York were so slow that many hardly got to get off the ship. Those who were not booked on a ships shore excursion didn't get to disembark the ship until after 11.30am and had to be back on board again at 5.00pm, hardly enough time to enjoy New York.

Many were disappointed.

Jill:)

As they left New York the new Captain informed them there was a Tropical Storm ahead and as such they will not be going to the port of Antigua 29 July, instead will visit the port of Aruba 30 July.

Thanks for the update Gold Coast Cruisers :)

They also said that the on board 'face to face' Immigration formalites required in New York were so slow that many hardly got to get off the ship. Those who were not booked on a ships shore excursion didn't get to disembark the ship until after 11.30am and had to be back on board again at 5.00pm, hardly enough time to enjoy New York.

Many were disappointed.

What a shame for them :(

How lovely the water looks!

Lovely water indeed, when we called into Aruba on Coral Princess a couple of years ago, doing Panama Canal, Fort Lauderdale to LA, our tour stopped at the beach, we had half an hour in the most beautiful water, blue and clear as.

For those of you who get the opportunity, Aruba is a wonderful place, I thought so anyway.

Here's the link to the Panama Canal webcam's:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

Also keep an eye on this thread from when they enter the gatun lock in an hour's time (From the time of this post), as I will be posting webcam captures here during the transit of the gatun lock.

Hopefully an early bird will catch them going thought Miraflores lock. :)

Archived