Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruisers 2013

They now got a day at sea to recover from the 5 ports in a row and then Cádiz, Spain on the 3 July 2013.

sea_princess_position_2072013.jpg

Current position of M/S Sea Princess: Under way from Barcelona to Cádiz

Departure was 6 hrs 27 min ago. (at 18:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 1 d 6 hrs 33 min. (at 07:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Barcelona: 88.30 nm (163.54 km)

Remaining distance to Cádiz: 525.41 nm (973.06 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 14,220.58 nm (26,336.52 km)

I have been away for a week, across the pond in NZ, had a wonderful time!

Great to catch up with the posts on this thread and the blogs of the WC.

Thanks for posting the shots!

Bon Voyage Packetau, I may not get back on again before you sail off into the sunset, (being the end of the financial year and all:eek:). Happy and safe travels, looking forward to reading your blog.

Bon Voyage Packetau, I may not get back on again before you sail off into the sunset, (being the end of the financial year and all:eek:). Happy and safe travels, looking forward to reading your blog.

thanks for that ... yes it is getting really exciting now with only 8 days to go..

had to laugh reading one of the blogs where they said they can't understand the fuss about Gaudi's Sagrada familia.... They only viewed it from the outside and yes it is Gawdy and still unfinished... but there is nothing like that moment when you step inside and you have to catch your breath.... what a wow moment that was.... it is just stunning .... Luckily a lot of from our cruise have already pre bought their tickets so they can skip the lines to go inside ....

Just noticed that the sea princess is on her way to Cobh ... I forget this time they are travelling around the top ok Uk first

Nice port visit is Cobh. Called in there on Ruby Princess in 2011. The locals are really appreciative of the cruise business. When we left on Ruby, the local business people all lined up at the harbour and yelled out 'Thank you.' All the Cork locals will be out in force as it is a Sunday. The locals are putting on a Australia Day Party for the pax on Sea Princess, so I read on a blog, be nice.

I have been checking the sea conditions the last few days, the Bay of Biscay has been kind to them. We got hammered through there last year on Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton, luck of the draw.

The locals are putting on a Australia Day Party for the pax on Sea Princess, so I read on a blog, be nice.

The last couple of world cruise that have left from Australia that has stopped in Cobh, the locals have put on Australia Day Party for them.

Which I think it’s a great way to welcome the visitors and for the locals to get involved.

I know I have posted this before but our sail out of cobh was one of the best ... the whole town down on the pier waiving us away while the band played on!!

here is that video that I posted once before that garry found

I know I have posted this before but our sail out of cobh was one of the best ... the whole town down on the pier waiving us away while the band played on!!

here is that video that I posted once before that garry found

Indeed, Joanne/Garry, they do give a great send off in Cobh, bag pipes and all, yes the Irish have pipes like the Scots. Reading a blog today from Sea Princess, a grand time was had.

They are currently on the way to Dublin, Ireland:

sea_princess_position_08072013.jpg

Current position of M/S Sea Princess: Under way from Cobh (Cork) to Dublin

Departure was 12 hrs 6 min ago. (at 18:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 5 hrs 9 min. (at 11:15 h local time)

Traveled distance since Cobh (Cork): 114.75 nm (212.52 km)

Remaining distance to Dublin: 46.79 nm (86.65 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 15,938.01 nm (29,517.19 km)

now Dublin is the tricky one.... if the seas are rough or tide not right they will not enter ....

do you remember back in 2010 while we were all watching on the maritime site.... we watched her do a figure 8 and hightailed it back out to sea..

Archived